Start by marking “The Final Warning (Maximum Ride Series #4)” as Want to Read:
The Final Warning (Maximum Ride Series #4)

The Final Warning (Maximum Ride #4)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  48,966 ratings  ·  2,204 reviews
Fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride and the other members of "Flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly. It seems like a dream come true--except that they're still being hunted by new threats at every turn.

This time, the US government wants to keep the Flock under observation, offering a safe haven and schooling
Audio CD
Published March 17th 2008 by Hachette Audio (first published March 17th 2007)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
*Editing this review a bit so it's not so lacking in punctuation and whatnot. Gosh, reading it makes my eyes bleed. I'm sorry I used to be such a troll.*

So, I remember the lovely morning I got this book. It was on Easter, and my parents gave it to me. And I was all like, "GOSH GOLLY, THANKS MOM AND DAD!" Because at the time, I was a hardcore Maximum Ride fan and I'd been eagerly awaiting this day to have the fourth book in my hands.

The first thing I noticed about it was that it was disappointin
Jessica
P-U, people! Now, I try to be nice in my Goodread-reviewing, really I do. Books I didn't like usually just disappear from my list, unless the author is dead (like Steinbeck), lest I spread bad feelings amongst the authorly community.

But Patterson must be stopped!

And since he doesn't even write these books, I feel the need to call attention to what his "co-writer" is doing.

That is: churning out one of the WORST BOOKS I've read this year!

Good golly, people, what was this? Now, to be frank, the fir
Jennifer Wardrip
My problem with the story wasn't so much that James Patterson used it as a soapbox for global warming -- after all, it's his book, and he can do what he wants.

The problem, as I see it, is there was NO WAY he started writing this series with a plan to make Max's "saving the world mission" one that had anything to do with this topic.

If you go back and read the series from the beginning, starting with THE ANGEL EXPERIMENT, we all knew that Max and the gang had a special mission, a mission that wo
Karin
The release of a sequel is an anticipated event, especially if the sequel is written by a wildly-popular, best-selling author like James Patterson. Approximately 4.8 million copies have been sold of the previous three books in the Maximum Ride series, so hopes were high that Final Warning, the new installment, would be just as entertaining. When a sequel fails to live up to the standards of the previous books in the series, readers feel let down.

There are three issues that affect the quality of
Sella Malin
Apr 04, 2009 Sella Malin rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE. Unless you're either a) insane, b) enjoy headaches, or c) obsessed with global warming.
Kerry
Apr 05, 2008 Kerry rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE!
What the hell was that? I've been enjoying the humor and action and adventure of this series (even though they are "young adult" and I'm anything but) . . . but this? OK, yeah, it had the humor. And about two chapters of action and adventure. The rest was penguins and Antarctica and snow and OHNOESGLOBALWARMINGISTEHBAAAAAAADDDDD!!!1!!11!!!ELEVENTY-ONE!!!

Mr. Patterson, if I want a lecture on global warming shoved down my throat, I'll go talk to Al Gore. From you I want what you do best: action, a
Stephanie
Mar 19, 2008 Stephanie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of the previous books
Shelves: fiction
Ok, the humor was still there. The book was funny. Thin. But funny.

*SPOILERS BEGIN*
I completely felt the ending was horrible. It was a disappointment. It was like Patterson was attempting to write the book, but wasn't done yet, and had forgotten to put in most of the excitement. I was also angry at the sorely lacking Max/Fang scenes. Sure we had a kiss and a mention every other chapter, but there was nothing sturdy. Even the ending, it ends with them going off on another mission. No closure. Mr.
Leela
Quite a disapointment, compared to the other three books. It's about a third of the size, and is not nearly as good as the others. Where is the HEART POUNDING ACTION? The WITTY SARCASTIC HUMOR? The SUSPENSE that makes you wanna CRY everytime you are forced to put the book down.
I've heard rumors that there are going to be 5 books of this series, and I can only hope the others are much much much better.
Patrick
AAAAAAAhhhhhh!! This series is fun. The first three books are an action-packed fun adventure with decent characters. There are plot holes, but the point is believable teenage angst in the midst of constant danger. This 4th book has some good parts involving the characters dealing with adults' expectations of them. But it is also a full-on, boring, crappy, global warming propaganda pamphlet with some random bad guy thrown in out of nowhere and an extra bad hurricane--due to global warming of cour ...more
Alexa
Aug 20, 2008 Alexa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Brenna Driscoll, Claire Checovich, Beth Hefty, Cecilia DeMarco
Recommended to Alexa by: Leanne Sheth
The flock attend Ari's funeral, just after a new breed of Flyboy attacks the cabin they were thought to be living in. The flock are led by Dr Martinez, who is now called Mom by Max, and Jeb to Washington where they are offered a comfortable life and an education in return for aid from the flock to the government. Fang tries to kiss Max again. Max barely recognizes her subconscious love for Fang before she flies off the near by dock away from Fang. Max refuses the government offer and facility an ...more
Rachel
Cassie
Maximum Ride was created to save the world. Now she just needs to figure out how the voice in her head thinks she's going to do this.
With the rest of her flock of Avian-Human hybrids, Max moves from taking down evil corporations to stopping global warming ('cause penguins are cute and hurricanes are bad!).
Now, if only Patterson could be bothered to finish one plot thread before moving on to six more.
If this hadn't been a Maximum Ride book, I would have never finished it, and most likely never ev
luhvBOOKS
Title: The Final Warning

Author: James Patterson

Series: Maximum Ride #4

Rating: ★★

Summary: First she was watched. In this breathtaking new story from the astonishing imagination of James Patterson, a girl has to save herself from an army assembled just to capture her - and maybe save the planet while she's at it. Then she was threatened.

Review: Wow, this book sucked. I am being an angel by giving this book two stars. It is just so... Ugh! What a stupid plot! Global warming, are your kidding me? An
Becky
Well, actually I'd give it a 3 1/2, but there's no option here. I again enjoyed this book and the exciting twists, I really liked the other ones more. This one needs a little more wrapping up, that is if he's not planning on writing any more. The preaching of the "theory" of global warming was getting a bit repetitive. It didn't have the same feel as the rest of the book. It's like the author decided to shift gears, and jump onto the Gore bandwagon. I wonder how many free "$400.00" haircuts he w ...more
(´*•.¸ღBexღ¸.•*´)
The Final Warning, by James Patterson, is the fourth book in the Maximum Ride series. As I recall, this series was supposed to be a trilogy, but after the last book, Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, it was clear that Patterson could still add to the story line. While this book answers more of the lingering questions, there are still some that require more investigation, like "Who is the Voice?" and "Why are the kids mutating new powers?"

The book begins with The Flock und
Denae
Kate
THIS ONE WAS SOOO ACTION PACKED! I JUST LOV THE FLOCKZ HUMOR I CANT RECALL ALL THE TIMES IVE READ THIS BOOK!
Justin
The Final Warning takes such an odd turn from the rest of the series. I still found it to be enjoyable, but I feel like the massive changes that were made really slowed down the story and that disappointed me a little. It doesn't really change my overall picture of the series, but I really would have liked to see things continue at the pace they were going. The plot change just felt a little to out there.

After all the crazy battles and all of the stuff with Itex in the first book The Final Warn
Robyn
Huh...

In my review of the previous book, I said that if the next book was as bad as that one, I would quit reading. This isn't as bad as the previous book, but it's not quite bad enough to make me give up, just yet. It was at least interesting to see this story get completely screwed up in an entirely different way than the last one.

There are some things that this book has improved upon, making it better than the last one; there aren't a dozen meaningless plot twists, Max's voice doesn't feel a
Ethan Broom
Sara
Oct 06, 2008 Sara rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Nikki Arsenault
Max, Fang, and the rest of the group are safe. Everyone is alive and safe. Well, almost everyone. Ari, Maxs' half brother, had expired. With the Itex company gone and out of the way, things seem safe. No one has attacked them for at least a week now, and Max can enjoy some time with her parents and flock. After relaxing for a few days, Maxs' mother suggests to the flock to help out the world and use their powers for good. She sets them up to head out to Antarctica with some scientists to help le ...more
Evan Whiting
The Final Warning is one of the final books in the Maximum Ride series. Maximum Ride is about a group of kids ranging from about seven to fourteen, who are genetically enhanced and are able to fly due to the wings attached to their backs.In this book, Max and the gang must deal with the freezing temperatures of Antarctica, robot soldiers, and "very boring science stuff," as max calls it.

I would recommend this book to anybody who has read the past Maximum rides, and enjoyed all of them. If you ha
Alyssa
Buqet
Hımm ilk üç kitaptaki kurguyu burada bulamadım. Fena değildi çünkü Fang ve Max'ı hele şükür yakınlaşırken gördük. Onun harici James fena mesaj verme derdine düşmüş ki kitaptan ilahla getirtti.
Her iki lafın biri Küresel Isınma -

Fang'ın Blog'unu okuyan bir okuyucusunun cevabının bana özel versiyonu ile cevap veriyorum.

'İn kürsüden aşağıya James. Ders dinlemek isteseydim üçüncü kez Üniversiteyi giderdim...'
River Song
The fourth maximum ride book was " okay " See, what I think it was was that James Patterson tied in that whole global warming thing and I know it's important for our world but after reading the third book of the series my expectations were really high. It wasn't as funny or filled with action and I often got bored with it. I'd still read It if you've liked the rest of maximum ride because it gets better....
Crowleaf
One of my favorite maximum ride books. I loved the message that the book came out. It seemed apart from the other books, with a bit of adventure but mostly just a message that the earth is getting more and more in danger everyday. I really, really liked this book.
Alex
Dear Ra, I'm counting the days until this comes out and I can't wait. It's agonizingly dreadful but I'm sure it'll be worth it as soon as it comes out. I have it reserved already.
Jcurmudge
Good read. Maximum will not give up to "save the world". A great section with Max speaking to the US Congress about the dangers of global warming.
Alison Olsen
This specific book is my favorite out of this series. This book describes the impact that humanity is having on the world. In this fantastic universe, the world is slowly falling apart with huge hurricanes and natural disasters rocking the ocean side cities. Max and the gang travel to Antarctica to help scientists with some exploration. During this there has been some problems in the flocks dynamics of late, and there are a lot of moody moments for Max when Fang hits on one of the scientists who ...more
ASF 7th Grade Books: Maximum Ride #4 1 1 Dec 01, 2014 06:26PM
Live, Laugh &...: The Final Warning 1 2 Jan 20, 2014 10:51AM
Maximum Ride Lovers : Final Warning 2 7 Jan 06, 2014 04:19AM
Addicted to YA: Final Warning 12 170 Dec 07, 2013 05:45AM
Crazy for Young A...: The Final Warning (Max Ride #4) by James Patterson → Start Date: August 20, 2013 68 31 Aug 26, 2013 09:42AM
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)
  • The Reality Bug (Pendragon, #4)
  • Seizure (Virals, #2)
  • Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)
  • The Lost Queen (Faerie Path, #2)
  • Blade of Fire (The Icemark Chronicles, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Blue Fire (Healing Wars, #2)
  • Sweep: Volume 5 (Sweep, #13-15)
  • Mines of the Minotaur (The Companions Quartet, #3)
  • Fearless / Sam / Run
  • Sunrise (Warriors: Power of Three, #6)
  • Blue Noon (Midnighters, #3)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
Offical US Site
Offical UK Site
Offical James Patterson Young Adult Site
Offical Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series

The subject of a Time magazine feature called, "The Man Who Can't Miss," James Patterson is the bestselling author of the past year, bar none, with more than 16 million books sold in North America alone. In 2007, one of every fifteen hardcover fiction books sold was a Patter
More about James Patterson...

Maximum Ride (9 books)
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
  • School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
  • Max (Maximum Ride, #5)
  • Fang (Maximum Ride, #6)
  • Angel (Maximum Ride, #7)
  • Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)
  • Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9)
Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross, #2) Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

“What happened to your tan?"--Fang
"It was dirt." --Max”