Start by marking “The Matchmakers” as Want to Read:
The Matchmakers

The Matchmakers

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  484 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but they just might make a perfect match…Nick Garret is flypaper for females, and he likes it that way. Women stick for a while, and when it’s over they fly away. So does he. Then one rain-slick night a young woman steps in front of his pickup truck, and his jaded, cynical life takes a sharp swerve toward trouble.Calliope did the only thing s ...more
Published April 6th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published June 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Matchmakers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matchmakers

Melindeeloo
Nick Garret, a womanizing construction worker who is so commitment phobic that he can't even commit to living in the same town for any length of a time, and Calliope, a matchmaking fairy who is down to her last chance to do her job right, have to team up to help three couples find true love or else both members of the matchmaking pair will lose their own ability to love forever.

As a kindle freebie, I gave this a try. I had no expectations when I picked it up - other than having been warned that
Kelly
This book was cute without crossing the line into too cute. I think it was Nick. He was one of those guys that could have been a massive jerk even when he was trying to be nice but instead he came across as a guy who was trying to be good but just kept screwing it up. I don't know. It worked for me.

Callie was sweet but she was so involved in making sure everyone else was getting their perfect ending that she didn't see what was right in front of her. Which made the way she kept turning Nick down
Patricia M. C.
AMAZING, PERFECT :) I'm in love with this book!!
Lacey Weatherford
My BFF told me about this freebie book available on Amazon kindle, so I went and downloaded it. I had it in my list for quite awhile as I had other more pressing reads I wanted to get to first. I ended up starting this book when I was stuck somewhere with nothing to do. While I was waiting I decided to open this book up on my phone just to past the time. That was all it took! I got completely sucked in!

I loved the whole concept of the story, which revolved around a "Cupid" like fairy named Calli
Alicia
Two wrongs don't make a right, but they just might make a perfect match...

Nick Garret is flypaper for females, and he likes it that way. Women stick for a while, and when it's over they fly away. So does he. Then one rain-slick night a young woman steps in front of his pickup truck, and his jaded, cynical life takes a sharp swerve toward trouble.

Calliope did the only thing she could think to get Nick to steer his truck-and his life-in a new direction. Banished from the Fae realm for granting a
Starry
Tracy
Entertaining and Cute
How, exactly, does a banished Fae get self-confessed and rootless commitment-phobe Nick Garret to realize that time is quickly running out on his ability to love when he's so dead set against the emotion to begin with? Sure, he's never met a woman he didn't lust, but he lives life just a packed duffel bag away from footloose and fancy free. His views on women are stereotypical and grim enough to make a faerie curse, and while he does have some scruples, he tends not to exami
Patti Korbet
2.5 stars. It was decent. Not great, but 'it was ok' as the goodreads ratings state. The writing was reasonably decent and the plot was ok. The supporting characters were not very detailed and there was a subplot that only vaguely connected to the rest of the story. But the main characters were likeable enough and the development of their relationship was believable (if you suspend your disbelief regarding the faerie part). In fact, I think that Callie was actually more interesting when she wasn ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jul 20, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
A sweet little romance story about fear of commitment, finding a home, and fairies.

Read on for my diatribe regarding the audio version:

This narrator is actually READING the book!! *SIGH*

I do not like writing bad reviews, but I gotta do this for my fellow man (and woman). The narrator of the Audible edition is, literally, READING the book. There is little to no inflection and her almost monotonous recitation of what should be an intense moment at the beginning of the story puts one into an almost
Jessica Gomez
A jaded manwhore gets what karma is coming to him. In the for of a fairy. Who is as he describes it a troublemaker. I really liked the plot. It was one I'd never read before. The writing was very good too. I have no complaints whatsoever about it. Would I have done a couple of things different yes. Just to see where the story would take me. Would I read this again? Yes. Would I reccomend? Yes.
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Feb 14, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA and adult romance readers
Recommended to Laurielu by: Amazon
Shelves: 2011-reads, fae, romance
Callie, a Fae who finds true love for others, has been banished from the Fae Kingdom to live with humans. She has been assigned to work with the rake and all out enemy of true love, Nick Garrett. They both must work together and "hook up" three couples with true love in an allotted amount of time. The reason Callie was given this assignment is because she must atone for meddling where she should not have. If they do not succeed, neither Callie or Nick will ever know true love.

Very cute, clean r
Fallon
I would classify ‘The Matchmakers’ as a new guilty pleasure, not that there is anything guilty about it, but it was a sweet (albeit predictable) love story. Some people would classify this as a paranormal romance, but I think (even though there were Fae and magic) it would be more romance than pnr, just my opinion of course. I thought that the transition for Nick was a realistic one, reluctant to reluctantly smitten to love. I think that was why Cali was assigned to him to open him up before he ...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars. Free download for nook (still might be, and also for kindle).

Cute, fun, light, sweet, etc, type of read. Take one mischievious fae that's in trouble who's forced to team up with a human male to bring three couples together, and you have a fun and predictable story. It's no surprise that the matchmakers will eventually fall under the love spell, but it's still cute to watch.

The content is pretty mild, for those that prefer sweet or YA romance. The only sex scene had no detail, and onl
Stacy
This was a free book at Amazon on the Kindle. We'll see.

Surprisingly sweet. Callie the Faerie was very likeable, and the magic was in the background but gave it a nice little ... faerie tale quality (see what I did there?). Nick's character started off good and then he switched into a good boy a little too convienently for me, but it's a romance, that's whats supposed to happen!

I would look for more by this author. It was cute.
Maria Finazzo Hernandez
Super cute! I loved reading a funny, sexy, and yes I couldn't put it down. Nick is a sexy heartthrob and Callie a super sexy faerie! What an incredible duo! I give it a four star because it did bring all the emotions that a romance is suppose to give you. And a touch of that paranormal that I wished could be real! Daydreaming once again! Great book!
Ty
This was suprisingly better than I thought it would be.
Modern romance with a touch of magic.
I like the fairy twist.
My favorite scene was when they were locked in a storage room and he boost her - the fairy up into the attic and she doesn't like the spiders. Thought that was odd that a fairy wouldn't appreciate a spiders role.
Quick read.
Brandy
This was another Kindle freebie that I enjoyed. It was a fun, fluffy read about a heartbreaker and a punished fairy who have to play matchmaker for 3 couples over the course of 2 months. It was a bit all over the place at times, but I really liked the core couple. It was a great way to spend a few hours and get lost in a happily ever after.
Christine
For anyone who loves myhtology and stories of the Greek pantheon come down to earth to interact with its inhabitants, this is a great book. Calliope has to get the male protagonist, Nick, to help her set up three couples or they both will become numb to love...forever. Cute book, with clever ideas.
Tasha
A quick, fun and light read and like most of the other reviewers, it was a Kindle freebie! I found the story to be simple, interesting and enjoyable and would recommend it to a friend as 'transition' reading whether you read several books at once like I do or if you need a break in between books.
Scott
Didn't think I'd enjoy a book about a drifter meeting a Fae who had to get him help her matchmake three couples in true love, but it was actually very well written and a quick read. Enjoyed the characters and even the obvious, predictable end was satisfying.
Anne
Nick is a total womanizer. Callie is a fairy who has broken the rules and must make amends. Working together, Nick and Callie must help 3 couples fall in love in 60 days or they will both lose the capacity to love forever.

Very silly, fun, and predictable.
Andrea
This was a fun, light, fluffy read about a womanizer and a matchmaking fairy sent from above (for punishment) to work with him to matchmake three couples with true love. Of course, their lives wind up forever changed because of each other. A sweet read!
D.S. Williams
This was a cute, fun and entertaining read. I loved the character of Calliope, her enthusiasm and determination were thoroughly enjoyable. Both the central characters and the secondary were enjoyable, well-written and fun. Thoroughly recommended.
Aneta
For me the book (and the story) was so-so. I would probably quit reading it half way through but... I was on the train to UMB and I was in this really crappy mood and so... i finished the book in one go. Nothing special but still nice.
Donna
This was a great story to read. Poor Nick didn't stand a chance when Calliope appeared on the scene. I will admit to holding my breath near the end - even though I knew this story had to have a HEA ending. Highly recommended.
Lyss
Very predictable, but it was a cute little read that I just couldn't put down. I'm a sucker for a lighthearted paranormal romance! Recommended for those not looking for an epic tale of arch-enemies and whatnot. Really quick read.
Heather Book Savvy Babe
*3.5 stars* This was a quick, cute read. The story was sweet, about a fairy who needs a human to help her make 3 couples fall in love. The story wasn’t outstanding, but it was fun, and a nice distraction.
Nicole
I liked this book. It was romantic without being sappy. I would recommend it as a light read. However, the ending could have been a bit more detailed. I would have liked an epilogue.
Charia
This was an Amazon/Kindle freebie that I enjoyed. A Fae take on cupid . The character are great and while the love story is predictable it was still enthralling.
Sasha
I thought it would be terrible, but it was interesting, sweet and engaging. The cover art is hokey, but don't let that put you off. This is a solidly executed story.
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Once Bitten
  • The Bite Before Christmas
  • Gemini Moon
  • An Unwanted Hunger
  • Marry Me (Reidsville, #2)
  • Half Past Dead (Includes: The Blades of the Rose, Prequel; Guardians of the Dark, #1)
  • The Sacrifice (Forbidden, #1)
  • Immortal (Clare Point, #3)
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • What A Demon Wants (New Orleans Vampires, #4)
  • The Pursuit of Pleasure (Dartmouth Brides, #1)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Snowy Night Seduction
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • I Thought It Was You (Grimm's Circle, #2.5)
An avid reader all my life and an aspiring writer since the age of ten, I realized my dream of becoming a published author in 2005. Inspired by the romance novels I devoured as a teen and the science fiction classics, I wanted to combine those elements into my stories. Since beginning my career, I've branched out from science fiction romance into paranormal, contemporary and even historical genres ...more
More about Jennifer Colgan...
Fresh Blood Interview With a Gargoyle The Rebound Guy Bonfire of the Vampires Flight of the Valkyrie