The New World Order

The New World Order

2.73 of 5 stars 2.73  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  10 reviews
With prophetic timing, Yale-educated lawyer and broadcaster Pat Robertson takes a penetrating look at the reality and rhetoric of the new world order and gives a compelling assessment of the imminent dangers looming on the world's horizon.
Published March 17th 1992 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published September 1st 1991)

Mark
The problem with Pat Robertson is not so much how the media portrays him as a "bigoted, fundamentalist Christian, right-wing zealot" (page 263), as it is how he portrays himself as one in, for instance, his 1991 book The New World Order, in which he goes on at great length to convince the reader that a shadowy group of people spent the better part of the 20th century trying to take over the world and form a one-world government in a sort of new world order, or NWO. Its first credibility problem...more
Michael
Aug 05, 2012 Michael rated it 2 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Students of the far right, political scientists, Cold War researchers
Recommended to Michael by: Serendipity
This is probably worth less than two stars, but it was entertainingly bad enough that I did read the whole thing, so I can't just give it one. Going over it this time, I was surprised at how dated the "timely" and "prescient"(in 1990) information in it already is, but also how timeless the right-wing conspiracy line is in its essentials.

In an era before the Tea Party, Pat Robertson was the extremely wealthy voice of Evangelical extremism. He had been a successful Televangelist at the time when t...more
M Caulfield
Many view Pat Robertson as a right-wing religious nut. Regardless of how you view him as a person, if you have the ability to separate what he says from what you think he is (or what the media has told yo he is), and you can extrapolate (as most intelligent people can), then this book is enlightening.

This book helps answer writer Pam Keller's questions and comments about the general direction of the United States of America and its place in the rest of the world:

We have spent two or more decades...more
Dawn
wow very good about what will be happening in the rapture
Mike Frazier
Funny as Shit.
Frank
LOL it's kinda embarrassing that, before I even knew who Pat Robertson was, I chose to read this book out of all the books available at the local library. Best thing I remember from reading this like 15 years ago: he suggests cutting down the forests of Siberia to make farmland. I mean, is that actually true or did I invent that? It seems so insane it can't be something that someone actually said, but I guess that means it'd be pretty hard for me to make it up on my own, right?
Shawn
I read this book when it originally came out in 1991. At the time, I believed some of Robertson's predictions may come true, but dismissed others as too far-fetched. I read the book again in 2010 and was shocked to realize that most everything he predicted has come true. Every more disturbing is that many things are much worse than the book described. Pat Robertson hit the nail on the head with this one. Today it reads more like a history book.
Adrienna
Pat Roberson takes a historical and political viewpoint to speak on the notion of the "New World Order"; however it is outdated to current events today. It also speaks on countries that are no longer using that name such as Soviet Union. It was copyrighted in 1991. He also speaks on occult-inspired world socialist dictatorship and idealist views.

Charlotte
Okay, everyone! Let's all get together and whistle the X-Files theme. C'mon, you know you want to after reading a chapter, no, a paragraph of this book.
C.
Very dated.
Olan Jumbo
Olan Jumbo marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Rick Ingersoll
Rick Ingersoll marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Nikita Hendricks
Nikita Hendricks marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
William Asiata
William Asiata marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Osirus
Osirus marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Aileen Alexander
Aileen Alexander marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Dan S
Dan S marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Maggie Joy
Maggie Joy marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Diane Sullivan
Diane Sullivan marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Paola h
Paola h marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Mario Alfred
Mario Alfred marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Danfree06
Danfree06 marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Todd
Todd added it
Oct 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Marion Gordon "Pat" Robertson is a controversial televangelist from the United States. He is the founder of numerous organizations and corporations, including the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), the Christian Coalition, Flying Hospital, International Family Entertainment, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, and...more
More about Pat Robertson...
The End of the Age The Ten Offenses The Secret Kingdom Miracles Can Be Yours Today The Autobiography of Pat Robertson: Shout It from the Housetops!