Start by marking “Cross Roads (Sisterhood, #18)” as Want to Read:
Cross Roads (Sisterhood, #18)

Cross Roads (Sisterhood #18)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,462 ratings  ·  73 reviews
It’s been a year and a half since the women of the Sisterhood received their presidential pardons, but the freedom they craved has come at a high price. The impossibly lucrative positions handed out to them by the mysterious Global Securities company have turned out to be golden handcuffs — scattering them around the world, cutting off communication, and leaving them in mi ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published September 28th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cross Roads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Roads

Nikki
Jul 17, 2010 Nikki rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE
I never learn. I was truly pleasantly surprised after reading the previous Fern Michaels Sisterhood book - mostly becuase I was elated that the series was FINALLY ending! I don't know I guess after having about 18 books in a series how can it be new or fresh. It all starts to sound the ssme. I couldn't believe that Ms. Michaels decided to bring all the characters back and continue the Sisterhood Series. My curiousity got the best of me because I wanted to see what she would do with the Sisterhoo ...more
Marcia Berg Haskell
Cross Roads by Fern MichaelsFern Michaels

Just finished this latest member of the Sisterhood series. This newest novel reminds me of the first few books in the series. It is faster paced, less predictable and more interesting than the last few books. I really enjoyed this book with it's familiar cast of characters, focus on 'woman power' and concentration on repaying those who were wronged. I like the fact that the bond between the women is so strong and makes them closer family than the men they love and have married. I w
Kelley
I really have no interest in these characters anymore.

The girls, or "chicks" as Charles calls them are bitter, petty, hateful, spiteful, way too full of their own self-importance, conniving, scheming, selfish, spoiled, cruel, money hungry brats who have a serious hate on for the entire population of the males of our species.

I've grown to hate them as much as they hate men. And really, how many times in a single book can someone snarl at someone else or share an "evil smile?" I think we broke th
Lynn
I really wasn't sure where Fern Michaels was going to take this series after the women were all given presidential pardons. I hesitated to read this book because I didn't want to be disappointed in a forced story line after enjoying the series so much. No disappointment here- the celebrity status of the women, the personal vendettas, the changes in the characters and relationships. It all worked great. I like that it was 18 months later so there was some time for life to happen after the pardons ...more
Heather  *trying to find a good book*
Ok, I'm going trying to keep this short and sweet and not drag on and rehash everything.

The Sisterhood vs. Jellicoe.

At the end of the last book the Game was over the girls got their presedential pardons. So happy ever after now right? Yea....no.
What happens when Annie gets bored and after 18 months of no contact between the Sisters? Mutiny of course...
Hank/Henry Jerricoe thought he could control and sepeate the girls and he did for awhile until caught on and converged. The Sister after being sep
Linda
I've plowed through most of this Sisterhood series, mainly because most of the books were given to me. The things I've found irritating in the previous novels were doubly so in Cross Roads. I give up trying to like the series, this is the last I will read. The meat of the story didn't even begin until about page 180. The grotesque violence is as present as ever and the man hating women are really too much. The characters have diminished to just names on a page and show little of the depth that w ...more
Kathy Davie
Eighteenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series revolving around a core team of seven women seeking justice for those denied it.

My Take
Never discount the bond of friendship amongst women. And that's just what Jellicoe has done. Global Securities is preventing any of the ladies or their men from contacting each other. For eighteen months. If this group is so smart, how come it took them so long to figure this out?

Myra is complaining to Charles that nobody needs her because they aren't ca
Cynthia D'Alba
Alison
It's been eighteen months and the girls of The Sisterhood, and their men, have been kept apart by a very wealthy and powerful man. The Sisterhood comes together once again to wreck havoc on those who have harmed others and who operate outside the law. Although I continue to disagree with their methods,and the means really doesn't justify the ends, it is entertaining reading. Fern Michaels writing has the reading wanting to read the next word, the next sentence the next paragraph to find out what ...more
Linda Smatzny
This is the eighteenth novel in the Sisterhood series. This story is set eighteen months after the women have been given pardons and all living all around the world. It seems the women have been separated and not allowed any communication between each other. As they really become aware of this things began to happen that force everyone back to Myra's farm and another mission.
Kristen
The Sisterhood of the Vigilantes are back! One-and-a-half-years later, after they're pardoned and went on their separate lives, they're bored and miss each other. When some of the members are somewhat hijacked by an elite group of people in the military. They want the Sisters to go after Hank Jellicoe, who have separated the girls, and spread rumors on a hit on the President. They wanted him to route him out. Before they can decide, they talked amongst themselves about going vigilante again, und ...more
Karen Syed
okay, annoyed with Goodreads, it just ate my review. Trying again.

I love this series, but I was not as in love with this book as most of the others.

In previous books, the sisters have always had very solid and usually justifiable reasons for their actions, but this book did not read that way.

The plot was weak and I found it almost painful to tolerate the constant anger and complaining of the characters. This mission seemed driven by pure spite and it made the sisters a lot less likeable.

This one
Julie Barrett
Crossroads by Fern Michaels
Once again the godmothers are thrown together to solve a mystery.
The security along with the presidential pardons they were handed scattering them all over the world, even though they are now brought together their help is needed.
Mira feels out of sorts, not happy with anything she is doing. So she heads back to the grand house.
Mira and Charles at the grand house are at odds with one another. She is just not happy with anything that is going on in her life. Something i
Lori
18 books done. I am not sure if I am just bored with the series or if the series is just really truly boring. I must admit I listened to this in audio form and I was not "tuned" in for most of it. It was not fun. I couldn't stand the way the women all of a sudden became man haters, or the way they treated Charles for no reason. It seems they forgot who saved their butts the first 10 or so books.

The plot made no sense. ARG. And yet there are still 2 more books in the series. To read or not to re
Rhonda
It was just ok for me ... I have a few more in the series already on my ipod but I wont go looking for more.
Allen
I am really enjoying this whole series.
Donna
Although I enjoyed the book as I have the whole series, I did detect a change in the motivation of the women - from providing justice to those for whom justice will not be served, to an ego-driven sense of entitlement to make judgements and an enjoyment of the process of inflicting punishment. The charm of the series was, in my opinion, the innocence of the hearts of the women and the overcoming of their reticence to do harm because of the need to stop the hurtful behavior of criminals, abusers, ...more
Carol  MacInnis
A year and a half after their pardon, the vigilantes are now in very high paying jobs with Global Securities. Unfortunately everyone is at witts end as they have all been scattered around the world. Nothing is ever as it seems. Now Nikki and Kathryn's private jet has been hijacked and the Sisters must make a huge decision to take on a very dangerous, life threatening mission that could destroy them, their friendship and their long awaited freedom.

A truly great story of the tight bond of the vigi
Joanie
President Connor had pardoned "the sisterhood" and they left their mountain and went their separate ways not seeing each other for about 18 months when they were called upon again. The plane carrying a few of the sisters and others was hijacked and they knew there was going to be trouble. The 6 men on the plane wanted something from the sisterhood so the vigilantes got together to solve the problem with Jellicoe and Global Securites. With each "sisterhood" novel I read, it gets better and better ...more
Maggie
Was unfamiliar with the characters & their previous adventures throughout this book. It's not a stand-alone book, and it would really help to be somewhat knowledgeable of the group's shenanigans prior to reading this one. Wasn't a good read for me, primarily because of that. Story dragged for me, too much plotting, then the ending was fast & unsatisfying. Fern is not one of my favorite authors, so will likely not be reading any of the other books in the series.
Debbi
Jan 03, 2014 Debbi rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Debbi by: Jan Retherford
Interesting story, but because it is part of a series (I didn't know that going in!) there were several things that made little sense to me as they referred to events from earlier books. May have to read the other books!
Catina
Just when you think it is all wrapped up...For me the sisterhood must come to an end. The characters are interesting for the most part, but the whole thing has just about reached its expiration date. It takes a good 3/4 of the book to get to the meat of the story.

However, I will likely be sucked into the vigilante vortex and read the next book...
I saw this book on the new arrivals and thought it looked good. I did not know that I was part of a series...like book 25. I thought the first half of the book was great, but the second half was very weak. I don't think I will get into this series...Plus there was language issues.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
I liked this addition to the Sisterhood series. After 18 books I am looking forward to a conclusion. I love the characters and enjoy reading their stories, but I am ready to see it come to a close. I recomend this series to everyone!
Rosemary
This is the next in the Sisterhood series. They are somewhat predictable but I really like reading this little series. I have fallen in love with these characters of women that right the wrongs of the world by them selves.
Joanne
Good book as all of the sisterhood novels are. AFter the sisters have been apart for 18 months circumstances bring them together again for a mission and Global Securties owner is on the top of their to-do-list.
Patricia Solla
So what is happening to the sisterhood since they have been pardoned? This book tells all. There's a lot of suspense and intrigue in this storyline. The women come back together to 'kick ass' once more.
Antoinette
Pretty good, although I felt the ending was a bit rushed. After so much groundwork in the beginning of the book, it deserved a proper ending. Can't wait to see what the sisters do in the next installment.
Jeanette
Loved it but it wasn't as exciting as the others since the mission didn't wasn't so personal or something. Can't quite put my finger on what it was. Maybe it's because the series is coming to an end.
Sandy
This is a series. I enjoyed the first couple of books that I read a long time ago. I haven't read all of them, but it seems to me they are a little over the top. Probably won't read anymore.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
  • The Simple Life
  • Texas Blue (Whispering Mountain, #5)
  • Endless Chain (Shenandoah Album)
  • Love Poems of Elizabeth and Robert Browning
  • Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)
  • Zach's Law (Hagen Series #4)
  • Taking a Stand
  • Liar's Market
  • Into the Wild (The McGraws, #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • The Body in the Bookcase (Faith Fairchild, #9)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (The Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, Book 2)
  • Fast Track
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)

“goddamn well dare the two of you to” 0 likes