Cowboy for a Rainy Afternoon

Cowboy for a Rainy Afternoon

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A '49 Plymouth. A 10-year-old boy. Six old cowboys and a lady in distress. All the fixings for adventure on a rainy afternoon in 1954 Albuquerque.
Hardcover, Large Print, 253 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Center Point

Trinity Rose
Six older cowboys and one 10 year old grandson spend the day telling stories and asking questions. Each story they tell would make a great book in itself. How does Stephen Bly come up with so many stories and ideas.
Another excellent book by Stephen Bly. “Cowboy for a Rainy Afternoon” is such a fun, exciting book. You will simply love reading and you will feel you are just one of the older cowboys, living out the days of your past.
Even though they are telling stories about their past they still m...more
Brenda
I did win this book, I usually like books about cowboys, but they usually have some romance to them. This book I believe is more aimed at young male readers or perhaps men. The story is about a man who remembers an afternoon sitting with his grandfather at a hotel with his friends who were all cowboys, and they are telling life stories. The man is remembering all of the stories they shared with him. It took me a while to finish the book, it wasn't written badly, it just wasn't my cuppa. I did fi...more
Douviemanaloyahoo.com
Douviemanaloyahoo.com marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Hf
Hf marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Donita
Donita added it
Jun 15, 2012
Luke
Luke marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2012
PWRL
PWRL marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2010
Stephen Bly (August 17, 1944 - June 9, 2011) authored 100 books and hundreds of articles. His book, THE LONG TRAIL HOME, (Broadman & Holman), won the prestigious 2002 CHRISTY AWARD for excellence in Christian fiction in the category western novel. Three other books, PICTURE ROCK (Crossway Books), THE OUTLAW'S TWIN SISTER (Crossway Books), and LAST OF THE TEXAS CAMP (Broadman & Holman), wer...more
More about Stephen Bly...
The Senator's Other Daughter (Belles of Lordsburg #1) Memories of a Dirt Road Town (Horse Dreams Trilogy #1) The General's Notorious Widow (Belles of Lordsburg #2) The Outlaw's Twin Sister (Belles of Lordsburg #3) The Mustang Breaker (Horse Dreams Trilogy #2)