Start by marking “The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)

The Ice Princess (Princes #3.5)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  2,384 Ratings  ·  228 Reviews
SEVEN NIGHTS OF SIN
As the madam of Aphrodite's Grotto, the most infamous brothel in London, Coral Smythe knows everything possible about men's needs and desires. Yet she's never experienced the love of a single man-not even that of Captain Isaac Wargate whose hawk-like eyes stare at her with both condemnation...and lust.

SEVEN NIGHTS OF ECSTASY
Captain Wargate heartily dis
Published August 15th 2010 by Forever Yours (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Ice Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ice Princess

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I absolutely adored The Princes Trilogy by Elizabeth Hoyt, and was beyond happy to hear that one of the characters, Coral Smythe, who was introduced to us in The Raven Prince, was given her own short story in the novella, The Ice Princess. But don’t be fooled into thinking that this is a just a “wrapping up loose ends” story, because this actually had quite a bit of angst and detailed relationship building.

Coral, as you might recall if you’ve read The Raven Prince , is the madam of Aphrodite’s G
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
"You're so beautiful I am awe-struck. I want to lay beside you and simply watch you sleep. I want to hold you in my arms and make you tremble."

London, 1762

Coral Smythe is the madam of an infamous brothel called Aphrodite's Grotto. Captain Isaac Wargate stood like a gloomy black rook of doom at the side of the hall. Coral thought he was an irritating man. It irked her that he ignored her constantly. But Captain Wargate is not interested in the trade of any human flesh, after all. Isaac just wante
Daniella
Jul 12, 2015 Daniella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a nutshell:
description

The Ice Princess really made me happy. It's been so long since I read something that gave me a warm, tingly feeling inside. The writing was brilliant, the pacing was just right, and the characters were lovable. It was obvious to me, the reader, that there couldn't be any other man more perfect for Coral than Isaac. He was everything she needed. And it was such a joy seeing these two people find themselves in the world.

What I didn't like was the crudeness of the language at times. I
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Perhaps this came along at the right time for me. I wanted to read something competent and engaging and romantic with it. This ticked all of those boxes. And I've just slogged through a book, which is the opposite of all those things, so, Hoyt perhaps gets more credit here than she really should for this book.

It's very short. It finished at about 57% of the Kindle edition I read (the rest being the first few chapters of one of Hoyt's other books). I liked the premise. The austere sea captain, wh
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Short, sweet, and involves the madam of a high class brothel. It's very sweet how Isaac doesn't treat Coral like a prostitute. Wish it'd been longer.

I really need to make a shelf just for prostitutes/madams/brothels. They deserve their own shelf.
Julianna
Feb 02, 2010 Julianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Elizabeth Hoyt & The Princes Trilogy
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Elizabeth Hoyt has done it again, writing yet another compelling story. The Ice Princess is a novella sequel to her fabulous Princes Trilogy that features Coral Smythe, a secondary character from that series, as the heroine. In a less talented author's hands, I probably would not have enjoyed The Ice Princess half as much. Because of the brevity of the story, the time frame in which the events occur would admittedly be rather unbelievable in real life, but Ms. Hoyt has a
Tammy Walton Grant
When I was reading The Raven Prince I found myself posting quotes from a prostitute named Coral Smythe.

"I can get you a night with an accomplished male whore or a virginal schoolboy." Coral's eyes widened. "Famous libertines or ragpickers off the street. One very special man or ten complete strangers. Dark men, red men, yellow men, men you've only dreamed of in the black of night, lonely in your bed, snug under your covers. Whatever you long for. Whatever you desire. Whatever you crave. You hav
Aoi
Mar 11, 2015 Aoi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hf-england
You're so beautiful I am awe-struck. I want to lay beside you and simply watch you sleep. I want to hold you in my arms and make you tremble...I want to touch you until you forget yourself, forget where you are, forget the world."

OMG. swooon swooon swoon... And THIS is how,dear authors, you write a novella!

Coral Smythe is Aphrodite, the madam of an infamous brothel. Captain Isaac Wargate is a regular visitor to the brothel, if only to shepherd his juniors away. He does not participate in the
Tinsoni
Apr 11, 2015 Tinsoni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coral is introduced in the Raven Prince book.....she is a very well written secondary character in that book...one that kind of continues to linger in your thoughts after the book ends. It makes you wonder "what happened to Coral?"....so I was really glad she got her own story....I actually love novellas and read alot of them because I don't have time to enjoy full length novels all the time and very few can write an unforgettable short story....Hoyt of course makes that list....I just need to s ...more
Erika
Powerful writing and strong-smart-but-flawed characters made something as short as a novella be so emotional, so beautiful, and just so good.
Kübra Yağmur
Apr 26, 2017 Kübra Yağmur rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Carol, ilk kitapta tanıdığımız şimdilerde Aphrodite's Grotto sahibesi olan tatlı hatunun kitabı.
Novella olarak seride yer edinmiş olmasına gerçekten sevindim.
Audrey
Nov 28, 2011 Audrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
3.5-4 stars. As is inevitably the case with most of these shorter novella-length stories, there wasn't enough character depth and development, even though the foundations and backgrounds for the main characters were built well. The characters were sketched well, but I would have appreciated a more fully drawn picture of them.

We met Coral Smythe in Hoyt's The Raven Prince, in which her cynicism and bold personality set her apart from the other secondary characters. I'm not a fan of mistress or co
Georgie
I'd enjoyed Elizabeth Hoyt's other books in this series, but this novella was not, I think, worth looking out. It had some promise initially - the madam-with-a-heart, and the puritanical captain - but the progress of their relationship felt manufactured (she began to trust him so quickly, he overcomes his prejudices almost immediately) and the sub-plot with the villain was distracting. Having said that, Hoyt always writes well, and I might have enjoyed this more if I hadn't expected more.
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
I've been waiting for ages for this novella to be available on kindle to Australia. Finally... and it didn't disappoint.

An epilogue to the Princes series, ( we had seen glimpses of the heroine Coral Smythe in the series) only Elizabeth Hoyt could turn the story of the notorious Madam of Aphrodite's Grotto and the dour sea captain Issac Wargate into a beautiful love story.

My only complaint... it was too short. I would have loved this as an expanded full length novel.
Zoe
Oct 23, 2015 Zoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really am no fan of novellas. I like to stay with the characters for a while. I am a fast reader and novellas can hardly hold my attention for more than an hour. This usually means a mediocre reading experience and rating.

I think The Ice Princess is the only novella I have read so far which I rated above 3 stars.

So many othes have said it: Elizabeth Hoyt is one talented writer. I really think so. I admire such writers, how they weave a compelling story. Most admirable. Hoyt picked Coral, a "
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
I enjoyed this novella. Had it been a full-length novel that allowed me to becoming better acquainted with the hero and heroine, I would have undoubtedly given it four stars.

Normally stories featuring heroine who are courtesans "cheat", in my opinion. Either the heroine is a virgin who is forced into becoming a courtesan and thus meets the hero or she is pretending to be a courtesan but is still quite the virgin or something of the sort. Coral Smyth, the "Aphrodite" of Aphrodite's Grotto, is ind
Cata
Jan 24, 2015 Cata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2015
The Ice Princess é a novella da trilogia Princes e apesar da sinopse me deixar de pé atrás ( a acção decorre num espaço temporal tão curto) , acabou por me surpreender imenso.
o livro volta à fórmula de O Príncipe Corvo, ie o conto de fadas aparece aos poucos no início de cada capítulo (em vez de embutido no próprio livro), o casal tem química, ambos são personagens fortes eeeee *gasp* o homem não é uma besta!
Porque a sério, quantos homens se apaixonam por cortesãs, compreendem os motivos que as
Nicole
Dec 31, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nicole by: Susana
Rating: 3.5

And so my reading challenge for 2014 is finally complete.

ohmigosh! A million thanks to Susana who pointed out to me that Coral DID in fact have a story.

This was a short (and I do mean short) read. Once you reach 54%, you're done. The rest are merely sample chapters.

I must say that I am shocked that Ms. Hoyt packed such a punch in so little pages. True, at some point it did feel extremely rushed. I wished on more than one ocassion that this would've been a longer novel so I could've en
Keri
This was a sweet little ebook. If you read The Raven Prince, then you probably had questions about Coral Smythe the newest madame over Aphrodite’s Grotto. This is her story. Stern Navy's captain, Isaac Wargate, has been coming in these last two years to round up his men at Coral's establishment. She has to fight her attraction of the tall blue-eyed Navy man, after all who can resist a man in uniform. After a strange twist of fate, Coral has agreed to 7 nights of utter sin with the captain, at th ...more
FlibBityFLooB
A nice short story about the madam at the brothel featured in The Raven Prince. My only regret was that it wasn't a full length novel. I think Hoyt could have made this one shine as a full length story :)
Jessica B
I absolutely loved this series so this was a wonderful treat! I thought the author did a good job with the fallen women aspect since usually am not a huge fan of that story line but this time I really enjoyed it!

The more I read by this author the more I love her!
Oneil Montes
Feb 23, 2017 Oneil Montes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: históricos
Le hubiese dado el 5 si fuese mas largo.

El otro lado de la moneda. Las mujeres menos respetables, las que los hombres quieren para una noche, ¿no tienen sentimientos? ¿Lo hacen por placer? Sin duda no era el caso de Coral. Me gustó como lo llevó él, como la obligó a sentarse ahi y sentirse despreciada. Porque de esa forma le enseñó, que no es todo sexo o el bienestar propio en una relación.

Fue muy lindo.
Yukino
PRINCES N. 3.5

It's a lovely story about Coral, the madam of brothel "Aphrodite's Grotto". I thought it was the same short story, but it is not. From the second half of the book, Hoyt is created a little gem.
If you love the "Princes Trilogy" you wouldn't read it. ^_^

SERIE PRINCIPI n. 3.5

Lettura di gruppo E&L

E' una dolce storia che parla di Coral, signora del bordello "Aphrodite's Grotto". Pensavo fosse la solita storia breve, ma non lo è. Dalla seconda metà del libro, la Hoyt ha creato un pi
Melissa
Oct 30, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Novellas are so problematic. I've only read one or maybe two romance novellas that felt like full, complete, satisfying stories. This, sadly, was not one of them. There just wasn't much to it! I can see where the characters could've been interesting and the love story could've been compelling, but given the shortness of the story, the way what little conflict there was was resolved so quickly, and the lack of depth given to the hero and heroine, it just fell flat.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Wow that was incredibly short, but really really sweet. This novella has Coral Smythe who was briefly in the first book of this series The Raven Prince as the very young madam of a famous brother Aphrodites Grotto. In The Ice Princess we see her fall in love with a serious sea captain and finally have the happy ending that she deserves.
Laura V.
Y por fin llegó el momento en que pude leer esta historia corta! :D Coral es un personaje que me impresionó mucho cuando leí sobre ella en el primer libro, y siempre quise saber más, me alegré un montón cuando vi que consiguió su happy ending.
Solo puedo decir que la historia fue muy buena, aunque corta. Y no llegamos a saber mucho de Coral ni de Isaac, pero lo visto fue encantador y realmente muy bonito. Ese final es perfecto para el nuevo comienzo que siempre imaginé para ella.
Ruth
What a lovely novella! There are some really great secondary characters from The Prince's Trilogy, and it's really lovely to hear more about one of them.

This is a really well-written little story, as well. The characters are well-defined, the plot is short and sweet, and it doesn't leave you wanting with an inadequate epilogue.

Loved it!!
Nidofito
The H/h in this edition have very little screen time in the main series. I guess it's good that Hoyt's giving even the minor characters their HEA? It's a typical story of a brothel madam and a client falling in love with each other, and it does admittedly jump a bit, but its pleasant enough for a novella.
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jan 15, 2011 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans, redeemable characters, lady of the night by circumstance finds HEA
The first time I read "The Ice Princess" it was one chapter per month on Elizabeth Hoyt's website. The ebook copy is polished and it was such a lovely read this time around. I had bump this novella from 4 stars to 5 stars.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 01, 2015 07:10AM
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • Scandal of the Year (Abandoned at the Altar, #2)
  • Tempt the Devil
  • A Very Sinful Valentine (Addicted, #2.2)
  • Unlocked (Turner, #1.5)
  • Once Upon a Winter's Eve (Spindle Cove, #1.5)
  • Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1)
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • A Notorious Countess Confesses (Pennyroyal Green, #7)
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with three untrained dogs and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt...

Princes (3 books)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)

“Much of life is a game. If played skillfully, with an intelligent and fascinating opponent, it can become almost a dance. One challenges and moves, the other teases and skips away, only to dart forward later and strike a telling blow.” 9 likes
“You are different." She lifted a hand to delicately trace his hairline.
He closed his eyes, feeling her fingers tremble against his skin.
"For whatever reason," she said softly, "when you are with me, you are
simply Isaac and I am Coral.”
7 likes