Start by marking “The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)

The Ice Princess (Princes #3.5)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,690 ratings  ·  170 reviews
SEVEN NIGHTS OF SIN
As the madam of Aphrodite's Grotto, the most infamous brothel in London, Coral Smythe knows everything possible about men's needs and desires. Yet she's never experienced the love of a single man-not even that of Captain Isaac Wargate whose hawk-like eyes stare at her with both condemnation...and lust.

SEVEN NIGHTS OF ECSTASY
Captain Wargate heartily dis
Published August 15th 2010 by Forever Yours (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Ice Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ice Princess

Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Duke's Match Girl - A Fiery Tale Novella by Lila DiPasquaA Mackenzie Family Christmas by Jennifer AshleyThe Governess Affair by Courtney Milan
Historical Romance Novellas
10th out of 181 books — 121 voters
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanThen Came You by Lisa KleypasA Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLeanSlightly Dangerous by Mary BaloghThe Last Hellion by Loretta Chase
Wagers & Bets (HR)
13th out of 101 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

I absolutely adored The Princes Trilogy by Elizabeth Hoyt, and was beyond happy to hear that one of the characters, Coral Smythe, who was introduced to us in The Raven Prince, was given her own short story in the novella, The Ice Princess. But don’t be fooled into thinking that this is a just a “wrapping up loose ends” story, because this actually had quite a bit of angst and detailed relationship building.

Coral, as you might recall if you’ve read The Raven Prince , is the madam of Aphrodite’s G
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
"You're so beautiful I am awe-struck. I want to lay beside you and simply watch you sleep. I want to hold you in my arms and make you tremble."

London, 1762

Coral Smythe is the madam of an infamous brothel called Aphrodite's Grotto. Captain Isaac Wargate stood like a gloomy black rook of doom at the side of the hall. Coral thought he was an irritating man. It irked her that he ignored her constantly. But Captain Wargate is not interested in the trade of any human flesh, after all. Isaac just wante
Julianna
Feb 18, 2010 Julianna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Elizabeth Hoyt & The Princes Trilogy
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Elizabeth Hoyt has done it again, writing yet another compelling story. The Ice Princess is a novella sequel to her fabulous Princes Trilogy that features Coral Smythe, a secondary character from that series, as the heroine. In a less talented author's hands, I probably would not have enjoyed The Ice Princess half as much. Because of the brevity of the story, the time frame in which the events occur would admittedly be rather unbelievable in real life, but Ms. Hoyt has a
Tammy Walton Grant
When I was reading The Raven Prince I found myself posting quotes from a prostitute named Coral Smythe.

"I can get you a night with an accomplished male whore or a virginal schoolboy." Coral's eyes widened. "Famous libertines or ragpickers off the street. One very special man or ten complete strangers. Dark men, red men, yellow men, men you've only dreamed of in the black of night, lonely in your bed, snug under your covers. Whatever you long for. Whatever you desire. Whatever you crave. You hav
Aoi
You're so beautiful I am awe-struck. I want to lay beside you and simply watch you sleep. I want to hold you in my arms and make you tremble...I want to touch you until you forget yourself, forget where you are, forget the world."

OMG. swooon swooon swoon... And THIS is how,dear authors, you write a novella!

Coral Smythe is Aphrodite, the madam of an infamous brothel. Captain Isaac Wargate is a regular visitor to the brothel, if only to shepherd his juniors away. He does not participate in the
Erika
Powerful writing and strong-smart-but-flawed characters made something as short as a novella be so emotional, so beautiful, and just so good.
Audrey
3.5-4 stars. As is inevitably the case with most of these shorter novella-length stories, there wasn't enough character depth and development, even though the foundations and backgrounds for the main characters were built well. The characters were sketched well, but I would have appreciated a more fully drawn picture of them.

We met Coral Smythe in Hoyt's The Raven Prince, in which her cynicism and bold personality set her apart from the other secondary characters. I'm not a fan of mistress or co
Nicole
Dec 31, 2014 Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nicole by: Susana
Rating: 3.5

And so my reading challenge for 2014 is finally complete.

ohmigosh! A million thanks to Susana who pointed out to me that Coral DID in fact have a story.

This was a short (and I do mean short) read. Once you reach 54%, you're done. The rest are merely sample chapters.

I must say that I am shocked that Ms. Hoyt packed such a punch in so little pages. True, at some point it did feel extremely rushed. I wished on more than one ocassion that this would've been a longer novel so I could've en
Blu
I enjoyed this novella. Had it been a full-length novel that allowed me to becoming better acquainted with the hero and heroine, I would have undoubtedly given it four stars.

Normally stories featuring heroine who are courtesans "cheat", in my opinion. Either the heroine is a virgin who is forced into becoming a courtesan and thus meets the hero or she is pretending to be a courtesan but is still quite the virgin or something of the sort. Coral Smyth, the "Aphrodite" of Aphrodite's Grotto, is ind
Cata
The Ice Princess é a novella da trilogia Princes e apesar da sinopse me deixar de pé atrás ( a acção decorre num espaço temporal tão curto) , acabou por me surpreender imenso.
o livro volta à fórmula de O Príncipe Corvo, ie o conto de fadas aparece aos poucos no início de cada capítulo (em vez de embutido no próprio livro), o casal tem química, ambos são personagens fortes eeeee *gasp* o homem não é uma besta!
Porque a sério, quantos homens se apaixonam por cortesãs, compreendem os motivos que as
Keri
This was a sweet little ebook. If you read The Raven Prince, then you probably had questions about Coral Smythe the newest madame over Aphrodite’s Grotto. This is her story. Stern Navy's captain, Isaac Wargate, has been coming in these last two years to round up his men at Coral's establishment. She has to fight her attraction of the tall blue-eyed Navy man, after all who can resist a man in uniform. After a strange twist of fate, Coral has agreed to 7 nights of utter sin with the captain, at th ...more
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
I've been waiting for ages for this novella to be available on kindle to Australia. Finally... and it didn't disappoint.

An epilogue to the Princes series, ( we had seen glimpses of the heroine Coral Smythe in the series) only Elizabeth Hoyt could turn the story of the notorious Madam of Aphrodite's Grotto and the dour sea captain Issac Wargate into a beautiful love story.

My only complaint... it was too short. I would have loved this as an expanded full length novel.
FlibBityFLooB
A nice short story about the madam at the brothel featured in The Raven Prince. My only regret was that it wasn't a full length novel. I think Hoyt could have made this one shine as a full length story :)
Jessica B
I absolutely loved this series so this was a wonderful treat! I thought the author did a good job with the fallen women aspect since usually am not a huge fan of that story line but this time I really enjoyed it!

The more I read by this author the more I love her!
Pepa
Una buena historia contada en apenas 50 páginas. Lástima que la autora no nos haya deleitado con algo más extenso. Me he quedado con ganas de conocer mucho más a este capitán, o incluso a Coral.....
A pesar de todo la historia es muy bonita
Laura V.
Y por fin llegó el momento en que pude leer esta historia corta! :D Coral es un personaje que me impresionó mucho cuando leí sobre ella en el primer libro, y siempre quise saber más, me alegré un montón cuando vi que consiguió su happy ending.
Solo puedo decir que la historia fue muy buena, aunque corta. Y no llegamos a saber mucho de Coral ni de Isaac, pero lo visto fue encantador y realmente muy bonito. Ese final es perfecto para el nuevo comienzo que siempre imaginé para ella.
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Wow that was incredibly short, but really really sweet. This novella has Coral Smythe who was briefly in the first book of this series The Raven Prince as the very young madam of a famous brother Aphrodites Grotto. In The Ice Princess we see her fall in love with a serious sea captain and finally have the happy ending that she deserves.
Ruth
What a lovely novella! There are some really great secondary characters from The Prince's Trilogy, and it's really lovely to hear more about one of them.

This is a really well-written little story, as well. The characters are well-defined, the plot is short and sweet, and it doesn't leave you wanting with an inadequate epilogue.

Loved it!!
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Crystal
Book provided by NetGalley for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

The Ice Princess is a great short read.

Coral is a woman who hides herself behind a mask and never lets anyone see the true woman. She started selling her body when she was fourteen to help her sister and herself survive. She changed her name to Aphrodite and hasn’t slept with a man in two years.

Captain Wargate just wants to get his crew and make sure they don’t get into trouble at the Grotto. He
Nihawmi
4,5

Tamam Hoyt bacı gene dokturmus de Pegasus'cugumun da hakkini yememek lazim :) Hem novella movella dinlemeyip seriye+yazara sahip cikarak kitabi bizlerle bulusturdugu icin ve kitabi bana hediye ettikleri için :)

Tisikkirler Pigasus
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
May 20, 2011 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans, redeemable characters, lady of the night by circumstance finds HEA
The first time I read "The Ice Princess" it was one chapter per month on Elizabeth Hoyt's website. The ebook copy is polished and it was such a lovely read this time around. I had bump this novella from 4 stars to 5 stars.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Posted on Under the Covers

Elizabeth Hoyt takes us back to the Princes Trilogy with this wonderful novella, The ICE PRINCESS.

Beautifully written and enchanting, Hoyt continues to be one of my top favorite Historical Romance authors. Not many are able to capture my attention as much as Hoyt has, especially with a novella. But Hoyt manages to do this again and again.

THE ICE PRINCESS brings us readers into the bawdy houses of England and more specifically to Aphrodite’s Grotto. They make a business
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Jess
The Ice Princess is a short novella that takes place after the end of the third book in the Princes Trilogy. The main character is Coral, who we find in the Raven Prince as the madam of a local brothel called Aphrodite's Grotto. Coral has found herself in a bit of a dilemma as she had to borrow money to rebuild the Grotto after a fire and is no longer the sole owner. Coral is doing what she can to make sure her girl's stay safe but the other owner Jimmy is not as interested in safety and just wa ...more
Arlena
Author: Elizabeth Holt
Published By: Forever Yours
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 5

Review:

"The Ice Princess" by Elizabeth Holt was greatly enjoyed short but sweet read. This was one of this author 'Princess Trilogys' and could be considered a novella...which tells the story of Ms. Coral Smythe, who had owned the Aphrodite Grotto...which was a famous brothel in London. A problem comes up where Coral loses control of ownership and then she is auctioned off i
Sheri
This rates a C-. It was all right but I don't feel strongly about it. It's a short story/novella. My main objection is that I didn't buy the emotion--love--between them. Yes, they had a physical attraction, but this puritanical, moral man had no reason to love her. He didn't know her--at all. They played one game of checkers. That does not a relationship make. And she is a whore. She has been for years, and a madam. Evidently EH thinks because she's been abstinent for 2 years it wipes out the ye ...more
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I was really unsure on the rating to give this one, I suppose because it's a novella, not so developed as a full book. But I really enjoyed it. I couldn't help but feel for the heroine the way he pushed her to "make love" as opposed to "just sex", that she would fall in love with him with no hope of a relationship, she being a prostitute. It really was a sweet, wish this could really happen book, with a lovely HEA. It did actually make me cry because I felt for the heroine so much that he got he ...more
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥
This is most definitely worth the read for all Elizabeth Hoyt fans. Even at only 42 pages it reads like the rest of novels, with wonderfully colorful characters and a fully developed and deep romance. Now that I have finished her Princes series, which I have thoroughly loved, I can begin to immerse myself in her Maiden Lane series.

**Note to others who have read this series. Have we met Coral and Pearl before? The names are familiar but I cant remember from where.
Hasnamezied
This was a very nice novella.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 01, 2015 07:10AM
  • A Notorious Countess Confesses (Pennyroyal Green, #7)
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • Always a Temptress (The Drake's Rakes #3)
  • The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5)
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • Winning the Wallflower (Fairy Tales, #2.5)
  • The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1)
  • Scandal of the Year (Abandoned at the Altar, #2)
  • Tempt the Devil
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in central Illinois with three untrained dogs, two angelic but bickering children, and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt...

Princes (3 books)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3) Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3) Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2)

“Much of life is a game. If played skillfully, with an intelligent and fascinating opponent, it can become almost a dance. One challenges and moves, the other teases and skips away, only to dart forward later and strike a telling blow.” 6 likes
“You are different." She lifted a hand to delicately trace his hairline.
He closed his eyes, feeling her fingers tremble against his skin.
"For whatever reason," she said softly, "when you are with me, you are
simply Isaac and I am Coral.”
5 likes