Start by marking “Facing the Future: Preparing for Battle (Left Behind: The Kids, #4)” as Want to Read:
Facing the Future: Preparing for Battle (Left Behind: The Kids, #4)

Facing the Future: Preparing for Battle (Left Behind: The Kids #4)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  1,130 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

Published July 1st 1998 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published June 12th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Facing the Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Facing the Future

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Since the Rapture, Bruce Barnes has been teaching Judd, Vicki, Lionel, and Ryan about the coming events during the Tribulation. They are sure Christ will return for them, but one question remains: Who is the Antichrist?
Bruce thinks he knows. The kids aren’t so sure. Until a man who has met the Antichrist shares his nightmarish story.”

Series: Book #4 (of forty) in “Left Behind: The Kids” series. (Reviews of books #1, #2 and #3.)

Spiritual Content- The Rapture has happened (all fo
10-11 Adrian
Sep 10, 2010 10-11 Adrian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Judd,Vicki,Lionel,and Ryan are kids who got left behind.They are all wondering who is the antichrist.They think they have an idea. Also they are wanting to know where the people who dissapeared went.Along the way they help set two people up who murdered a man who is related to one of the kids.Later on a cop gets shot in the face by those two men.Sadly something happens to the cop.To know more your going to have to read it yourself.
84-The_enlightment_of_Doctor_Grace_part5_Jesus
Las time, Judd devised a plan to trap Leroy and get him aressted. With their plan carried out, the police go and arrest Talia Grey. One of the police officers seems interested in getting saved. Another pole officer wanrs the kids to meet his wife who started thinking that maybe God does exsist. Talia tells Lionel that she wants to get out of jail and is curious about God. Lionel and Bruce go and visit her, and she get's saved. The police officer comes over eith his wife and his wife get's saved ...more
Reagan
Nov 04, 2009 Reagan rated it really liked it
When Lionel, Judd, Vicki, and Ryan set up a sting for the murderer who killed Lionel's beloved Uncle Andre, they have trouble getting the sting to work. The murderer doesn't do what they planned on him doing. So they have to think of something different to lure him in. Will they ever catch the killer?

I thought it was a good book because I think they did the sting very well, and they gave a good act (I would have believed it was real if I didn't know it was a sting). The one thing I didn't enjo
Hannah
Dec 10, 2015 Hannah rated it liked it
I had read the first four left behind books. The series is written by Jerry B. Jenkins. These books are about four young characters and how they survive after the rapture. The rapture is a topic my family and I are interested in. The series has been interesting and I can't wait to finish.

The fourth book “Preparing for Battle” has been one of my favorites. The book is focused on the Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia. One of the reasons why it was interesting to me was because of the teachings told to
Yo Leo Ficción Cristiana
description

RESEÑA COMPLETA DE TODA LA SERIE

Es la versión juvenil de la serie "Dejados Atrás", pero tiene desarrollo propio, así que puede leerse independientemente.
Bethany
Jul 18, 2016 Bethany rated it did not like it
This book became marginally better than the first three books. And by better I don't really mean better. Jenkins cannot write himself out of a paper bag if his life depends on it. But this one was at least more entertainingly bad and less mind-numbingly boring. I enjoyed mocking it more than the first few. Which is probably the best progress I can hope for here.
Jerry
May 06, 2013 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

This fourth outing starts in right where part three left off. Though the story is good, some readers might be unsettled by the description of a fatal gunshot wound. Of course, the whole world that Jenkins and LaHaye have created is quite freaky, so that's pretty much par for the course.

P. S.: I read this twice by mistake!

Score: 4/5
Natalia Padilla
Jul 28, 2013 Natalia Padilla rated it it was amazing
It was great but i have read like all four of the first ones in the first day i started reading them.
Niles
Shelves: christian, sci-fi
awsome
jessica laperriere
Awesome

I liked the book 5 star this is an amazing series I am a Christian so I love books like this

Jessica
Mar 25, 2011 Jessica rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: kids
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Isaac
May 02, 2013 Isaac rated it liked it
this book dint have a lot of things going on.
Tina
Oct 19, 2016 Tina rated it it was amazing
Another five star book. We are taking a break to read a few other books but will be back with this series shortly.
Theresa Gainey
Theresa Gainey rated it did not like it
Feb 17, 2016
Trinity Lee
Trinity Lee rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Wisteria Moonseed
Wisteria Moonseed rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2012
Belem
Belem rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Chloe
Chloe rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2011
Tanika
Tanika rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Jessica Hill
Jessica Hill rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Lurelee
Lurelee rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Joseph
Joseph rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2010
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2012
  • The Ancients (Forbidden Doors, #10)
  • The Regime: Evil Advances  (Before They Were Left Behind, #2)
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • Apocalypse Burning: The Earth's Last Days: The Battle Lines Are Drawn (Left Behind: Apocalypse, #3)
  • Purity Reigns (Laurel Shadrach, #1)
  • The Tombs of Anak (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #3)
Jerry Bruce Jenkins is an American novelist and biographer. He is best known as co-author of the Left Behind series of books with Tim LaHaye. Jenkins has written over 185 books, including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, and children's adventures, as well as non-fiction. His works usually feature Christians as protagonists. In 2005, Jenki ...more
More about Jerry B. Jenkins...

Left Behind: The Kids (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • The Vanishings: Four Kids Face Earth's Last Days Together  (Left Behind: The Kids, #1)
  • Second Chance: The Search For Truth (Left Behind: The Kids, #2)
  • Through the Flames: The Kids Risk Their Lives (Left Behind: The Kids, #3)
  • Nicolae High: The Young Trib Force Goes Back to School (Left Behind: The Kids, #5)
  • The Underground: The Young Trib Force Fights Back (Left Behind: The Kids, #6)
  • Busted!: The Young Trib Force Faces Pressure (Left Behind: The Kids, #7)
  • Death Strike: The Young Trib Force Faces War (Left Behind: The Kids, #8)
  • The Search: The Struggle to Survive (Left Behind: The Kids, #9)
  • On the Run: The Young Trib Force Faces Danger (Left Behind: The Kids, #10)
  • Into the Storm: The Search for Secret Documents (Left Behind: The Kids, #11)