Start by marking “Wheels on the Bus” as Want to Read:
Wheels on the Bus

Wheels on the Bus

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  1,569 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Singing and reading to your child are considered two of the most vital ways parents can stimulate the development of a child's brain during the earlist years. Raffi's Songs to Read unites the rhythm, rhyme, and repetition that helps to lay the foundation for later speech, listening, and reading skills. here with fresh new cover designs are some of Raffi's best-known songs. ...more
Board Book, 32 pages
Published January 20th 1998 by Crown Books for Young Readers (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Wheels on the Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wheels on the Bus

Erin Lynn
This gets kind of annoying when a child wants you to keep singing it, but it's cute. I loved that the music was included in the back of the book. Music is always important.
jacky
Oct 26, 2010 jacky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers - K
Shelves: board-books
This has been a favorite song to sing to Natalie, so its nice to have a book that goes along with it. I really liked how the pictures illustrate the words in a realistic way. I like how there are characters though they never say anything. For example, there is a snotty little girl. The only thing that bothered me was that the illustrations seem to be dated and foreigner (its labeled an "autobus" for example). There are women where handkerchiefs and carrying chickens. All the people are white. Th ...more
Mandy Couch
I loved this book!!! This book shows children how to read, sing, and it even displays onomatopoeia. You could use this book as such a teaching tool for the classroom. I like the way it has the words with the pictures and then at the end it has the song that you can sing along with. This book allows the children to interact while reading the book. You could incorporate music and movement while reading. Great book!!

Activity:
I would have the children move to the motions of the book. We would use th
Stacy
Raffi saves the day again! I don't know how many times I turn to Raffi for a great addition to a storytime. I used this book along with the CD for added fun for a Things That Go storytime.
Kylie Walter
The Wheels on the Bus is a classic chilren's book and ding along. I have known the Wheels on the Bus sicnce as long as I can rememeber. I think that most people can agree with me on this. If you haven't read or been read the actual book then someone has sang it to you or along with you. I think that due to its singsong nature it is a great book for little kids who are just learning how to read. They will easily be able to memorize the way the sing goes, then they will be able to look at the word ...more
Vonnie
Both of my daughters, ages 5 months and 3 years old love this book! They both smile and my three year old sings along.
Katie Carlisle
Song turned into a story! Wonderful idea for children beginning their reading journey.
Jessie
Dec 31, 2014 Jessie added it
a good sing too read.
Shanna Gonzalez
This board book has quite a lot going for it: a lively scene of a bus driving around a French provincial town, amusing passengers on the bus acting the way people really act in public -- crying babies, a child licking a lollipop, another sticking out her tongue, a man with a newspaper. This is all set to a familiar, repetitive song, score included. If the parent can stand it, it makes for a lively introduction from lap games to reading for the musically-inclined toddler.
Sherry Thornberry
The kids can sing along as you read this book based on a popular children's song. The picture coincide well and the children can "read" this book easily just by knowing the song.
Joy
My four year old has expressive language disorder so speaking is hard for her. However, they have taught her "Wheels on the Bus" at school, complete with all the actions so now she enjoys this book and tries to sing along and do the actions. There is music in the back if you wish to play the song on the guitar or piano.
Jan Wright
Read and sign this book REPEATEDLY with my 18 month old grandson by popular demand. He sings along with me and approximates some of the signs. Love the way this book can be expanded to include experiences from his life ie. The Puppy on the bus says, "Ruff ruff ruff..." Illustrations are clear and clever.
Anna Loeppky
This book was read and sung on a consistent basis in my household. The song is easy for small children to pick up on and it allows them to interact while reading the book. The illustrations also allow the child to notice what part of the song they are at. I recommend this book to early childhood children.
Purna
this was my favoritest book in preschool! i uesed to sin"daadoo daadoo daadoo bampata tam, bampata tam, bampata tam, daado daadoo daado, bampata tam...in the wheels on the bus tune, for the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus...
Soliquius
A perfect choice for a board book. It's a song, so you can keep singing while the kids keep turning the pages themselves. It has a lot of little details in the pictures so that even my preschooler likes to look at it (like finding the girl who sticks her tongue out, etc.).
We used to sing this song in every toddler time, I haven't used it in a while. I'll have to bring it out again. I like books that follow familiar songs because kids who know the words feel like they are "reading" as they can follow along.
Lisa
A great book for baby bedtime, especially if you know the song and hand motions. Our copy is well worn. We have been reading it every night. The kids love when the baby goes waa, waa, waa and the parents go shh, shh, shh.
Modboy
I really do like this song/book but at the same time it sure can get tedious. Luckily, the little ones usually don't know when you're skipping pages. My family loves when the baby takes center stage: Wah, wah, wah!
Robin Rousu
A perfect toddler book. Interactive, simple, and repetitive song paired with charming illustrations. Love the details in the pictures that reveal the bus is in France (or maybe Montreal, Raffi is Canadian...).
Danny
A first favorite. Danny read the board book to shreds - it was in at least three pieces by the time we have to discard it. Now they're onto the paperback version, which is also looking pretty ratty.
Sharon
We've been through a couple of editions of this book. The boys read the board book to rags, and now there gving the paperback version the once-over. They still won't let us sing the song, though.
Jen
I dare you not to sing when you try to read this.
Quintin Bostic
This is a good book for the well known "wheels on the bus" song. By using this visual, the children will fall in love with this song.
Sheila Read
all the kids that I took care of loved this book. Had great illustrations and the kids loved the rhymes some of them memorized the rhymes.
Barb
Aug 02, 2011 Barb added it
the most addicting songs you will ever sing with your children...my children and I still burst into song to this day
Janice
This book has so much detail on each page it is very fun to look for the small details with your child
Charlotte
This is pretty much Charlotte's favorite book - one of the most requested, most read since she was very tiny.
Jeffrey
infectious book and song. Kids love it, but you'll get tired of it, unfortunately a long time before they do.
Heather
The kids like this one very much. We do actions for the swish, and the baby crying, its fun.
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
  • Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree
  • Everywhere Babies
  • Kiss Good Night
  • The Nose Book
  • Ten Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (Classic Books with Holes)
  • Global Babies
  • Peek-a-Moo!
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • Gossie and Gertie
  • Little Blue Truck
  • Chicky Chicky Chook Chook
  • Have You Seen My Duckling?
Baby Beluga Down by the Bay Five Little Ducks Shake My Sillies Out Spider on the Floor