Han Solo and the Lost Legacy

Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures #3)

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,068 ratings  ·  26 reviews
There's a fabled treasure at stake and a price on Han's head. So he and Chewbacca head for a planet rumored to hide undreamed-of riches. But once they get there, Han's beloved spacecraft, the Millennium Falcon, is hijacked by a band of assassins and killer robots. Their chances for survival are so slim, they might as well risk it all….
Hardcover, Science FIction Bookclub, 185 pages
Published August 12th 1980 by Del Ray (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Han Solo and the Lost Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Han Solo and the Lost Legacy

Brad
Han Solo and the Lost Legacy is the last of the original Han Solo trilogy published way back between 1979 and 1980. The Indiana Jones movies began to appear in 1981. Keep those dates in mind.

Why? I'll get to it right now. Perhaps it would have been better to name this book Han Solo and the Temple of the Crystal Skull.

I was reading along -- at a slow, slow pace since I had other things to read -- when Han Solo sucked me in for a final reading push with a major divergence from what had become the...more
Adam
The Brian Daley books have a lot going for them in some respects. It's interesting to compare them to Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which came out a year before this one. Both were written before ESB, when the GFFA was still young and unformed (the book was written before the Imperial March, isn't that weird?). They're basically ground zero for the EU. They're both pulp adventure stories, but beyond that they're totally different. Splinter is a jungle serial structured out of monster encounters an...more
Christopher Rush
Daley finishes up his very early Han Solo trilogy with a story that wraps up a couple of loose ends from the earlier books and tries to connect itself to A New Hope fairly well. The "feel" of the book is still off, but as with the other early books I suspect I wouldn't have that problem had I read this back when it was written. Daley moves us out of the Corporate Sector Authority portion of the galaxy and does for the first time mention the Empire and the Old Republic, but they are only passing...more
Mark Oppenlander
I loved these Han Solo books growing up and this was my favorite of the series. It wasn't just that this book concluded the trilogy but that it did so with such style and verve. Daley really got the Han and Chewbacca characters right, IMHO, and the way they interact in this series never caused me to grimace as I have with the versions of the characters I've read in some of the later EU books.

Perhaps it also appealed to me that Han Solo, the original bad-boy smuggler was chasing after the treasur...more
Paul Darcy
by Brain Daley, published in 1980.

Can anything ever go Han Solo’s way? After finishing “Han Solo And The Lost Legacy”, I’m beginning to wonder. Always on the lookout for that one job that will set him free (does he really want that anyhow?) Han Solo runs into an old “acquaintance” on a backwater planet (what other type would he be hanging around on?) and finds out about something extraordinary.

Something which tempts his opportunistic heart more than the temptations of the past. It seems that the...more
Rick
I sure do like Bollux. I wish he made it into the movies somehow. Blue max, too. And this Gallandro chap seems pretty bad-ass. Sad to see him go.

I also like how the author sort of half assedly tried to throw in a romantic angle but no one, not the author, not Han, and not the woman in question, could really work up much enthusiasm for it and the matter was quietly dropped, as it should be.
James
The story is a follow-up to Han Solo at Stars' End and refers to it throughout the story. Although you don't need to have read it first it would be advisable.

The story is set in a sector of space where the Empire has not yet got a solid grip and is not really that interested, and as such does not have any part in it. This was written at a time when the only other Star Wars story that was available apart from the movie adaptions was Splinter of the Mind's Eye but now that there are numerous novel...more
Jacob
This guy's writing gets worse and worse as time goes on. Goes out of his way to make his writing difficult to read. The story itself was fun, but had a few major plot holes that sort of ruined it for me.
Ben
Basically Indiana Jones. I thought this book was great. It was exciting and kept my attention, it had some very interesting scenes, and it really was an adventure. Now I know this was written before Indiana Jones was made, but this book could have been made into a movie, and nobody would have known it was Star Wars. It was just like an Indiana Jones epic. 95% of the story is on one planet, they are not flying around, they are hunting for treasure. This was the end to the trilogy, and although I...more
Bradley
The series runs out of gas here. It starts out with an interesting premise of a treasure hunt involving Han and Chewie, but the adventure itself was surprisingly average. Not as much action involving the Millenium Falcon, more a trek through mountains, like something out of a fantasy novel. The character Gallandro returns, which was nice (I imagine him looking like Lee Van Cleef for some reason), however the book as a whole is not to the standard set by the previous two. Overall, I feel this tri...more
Travis
The Han Solo trilogy books were fun space opera that, aside from Han and Chewie had almost no other connection to the Star Wars universe whatsoever. So, if you are nitpicky about continuity, you might want to skip this.

I like the robots that Han had working for him in the books, the gunslinger/bounty hunter character was cool and the grand finale fight scene was great.
Rob
I can't quite figure out why, but I didn't enjoy this, the last book in Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy, as much as the other two. Perhaps it's because the ending is anticlimactic or that it contains a not-so-subtle sneer at academia. More likely, it's because Daley came up with a really stupid name for what the treasure was (you'll have to read the book to find out).
Rich Meyer
The last book in Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventures series is about on the par with the rest of the series, and most of the "expanded universe" stories up until that time. A quick read, a fairly good space opera tale, and move on to the next. Nothing resembling high literature here ... just good pulpy adventure.
Mike Licamele
This book seriously gave me a certain reminiscent about my childhood because I basically just loved the idea that it was star wars. All the characters and adventures in witch they take part in make ma baffled at the amazing deatailes presented to you in the book.
Karl
This is a lot like a "travel-log" where the heroes go from point A to point B with some adventures in between. It wasn't bad but it wasn't the most exciting adventure, either.
Ken
A great reminder of how many possibilities exist in the Star Wars universe without using the Empire as the badguy. A very fast read.
Stephen Shores
I enjoyed this series. It stood up better to the test of time than some of the newer EU material. Well worth reading.
Mr.chewbacca
pretty good book.

it's gets boring after you read all of them in the "Han Solo Adventures".
Carlos Chavez
was okey pretty lame ending and really has no conection to the other books in the series.
Mark
I liked the part that reminded me of Mad Max 2 and the battle near the end.
Dénes Homajovszki
nem volt rossz, de a végére kiszámítható lett nagyon.
Chris
Worth reading for Star Wars fans.
Gabnbab
Book club edition
Carol
fun read
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
  • Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #3)
  • Patterns of Force (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #3)
  • The Ruins of Dantooine (Star Wars: Galaxies)
  • Star Wars: A Forest Apart
  • Siege (Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit, #2)
  • Jedi Trial (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #6)
  • Slave Ship (Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Wars, #2)
  • A Practical Man (Star Wars: Boba Fett)
  • The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #3)
  • The Lost City of the Jedi (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #2)
  • A New Threat (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #5)
  • Tales from the New Republic (Star Wars)
  • The Force Unleashed II (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, #2)
  • Shield of Lies (Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis, #2)
  • Riptide (Star Wars)
Brian was born in Englewood Hospital in Englewood, New Jersey on Dec. 22, 1947. A blizzard kept him and his mother at the hospital over Christmas, and the nurses sang "Away in a Manger" to them.

His middle name is Charles. He grew up in Rockleigh, NJ. His mother's name was Myra and his father's name was Charles. He has an older brother, David, and a younger sister, also named Myra. He had no child...more
More about Brian Daley...
Han Solo at Stars' End (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #1) The Han Solo Adventures (Classic Star Wars) Han Solo's Revenge (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #2) The Doomfarers of Coramonde (Coramonde, #1) Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds (Alacrity FitzHugh & Hobart Floyt, #1)