Start by marking “Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors, #2)

Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors #2)

Daylen is a cop, and a good one. When she discovers two men sword fighting in an alley during one of her nightly patrols, she confronts them, ordering them to put down their weapons. One of the men takes off running, surprising her with his speed. With one man left, she knows she'll have to take him down when he ignores her demands. With her suspect in her grasp, her world ...more
Published July 5th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books (first published June 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Jager's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jager's Mate

City of Bones by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateDark Lover by J.R. WardMarked by P.C. Cast
Favorite Paranormal Reads
126th out of 197 books — 37 voters
Misled by Kathryn KellyMisguided by Kathryn KellyMisjudged by Kathryn KellySavior by Jessica GadzialaHIS Desire by Sheila Kell
Best Romance Authors- Different Genres
177th out of 218 books — 60 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
I was actually really enjoying this one for the majority of the book. By no means was it a four star read, but a solid 3-3 1/2. Then one scene was just too ridiculous for words and completely lost me and I stopped reading it because I was so annoyed (and since all of the books are practically the same so I already knew the ending). I was seriously tempted to give this 1 star, but since I had been enjoying the book, I had to give it 2.

I spoilered what my issue was, although it really was not a m
LynnMarie
Jul 28, 2010 LynnMarie rated it really liked it
Yadkny’s Review

Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Jager's mate is just as the other books of Roxie's Protectors series a short story but also just the right lenght to fill your night. If your in between series or waiting for that special book. Don't just sit around, there are plenty of good author's to fill that place. If your in for a hot book you need one from Marisa Chenery they are a series but can also be read as stand-alone. She already published alot of them so you don't have to wait to read the next one!

Jager's Mate had a natural pace
Jun 05, 2016 Laura rated it it was ok
What Is It About:
Jager is a werewolf and one of the protectors of the foretold one, Roxie. When out one night following one of the men trying to hurt Roxie, Jager is almost arrested by Daylen. Daylen is cop and when she's about to arrest a man for fighting with a sword, he kisses her. Daylen is Jager's mate but he needs to work around the fact that she wants to arrest him every time that he sees her.

What I Liked and Didn't:
Another case of where my dislike of short stories comes up. The plot was
Book Binge
I definitely didn't enjoy this book as much as the last one. I think descriptions of Jager's character in the previous book provided so much potential that this book did not live up to. But the two major things I did not like about this book:
1. Roxie, chill out. Obviously you have some issues you need to deal with regarding your own mating but please do not force your beliefs on everyone else (even using position to enforce a bogus and ridiculous set of "rules"). I completely understand trying
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jul 27, 2010 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Werewolf Lovers
Daylen is a responsible cop looking forward to getting some time off from pulling night shift duty when she stumbles upon two men sword fighting in an alley. Jager is one of Roxie’s Protectors; a group of werewolves meant to protect the prophesized foretold one. Jager is in the middle of taking down an enemy when Daylen interrupts. There is an instant attraction but it goes beyond that when Jager realizes that Daylen is his mate. But how do you convince the one you love that you belong together ...more
Cocktails and Books
Aug 24, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it liked it
I read the first book in this series and had a few reservations about it but I didn’t want one book to prejudice me against the author and the series. I really wanted to like this book. I love the premise of sword-wielding, wolf-shifting warriors who live hundreds of years, searching for the chosen one in order to protect her great power from falling into the wrong hands.

Jager’s Mate is pretty much the same story as Roan’s Fall. The wolf shifter senses his mate, pursues her, fights the enemy for
Theresa
Nov 15, 2015 Theresa rated it liked it
Daylen is a SFPD officer and loves her job. But then one night during a routine patrol, she sees a sword fight in a dark alley and ends up almost arresting her soul mate Jager for carrying a concealed weapon.

This reminds me of the ‘Highlander’ TV show, especially the first part.

I like this couple. Daylen is going to make a wonderful addition to the group, but the escape at the end was way too easy.

I expected Jager to be a little more upset over his losing to Daylen, but then I guess that ju
Emily
As a cop, Daylen is not sure what to make of the two men fighting with swords in the dark alley way. Deciding the best course of action is to bring them in, one flees on foot while the other is more than willing to talk to her, smell her, and kiss her.

Jager was in the middle of following up on a tip when his mate appeared. The only thing standing in his way of claiming his mate is her desire to arrest him whenever shes sees him, which is something he plans to change.

I thought this was a fun one
Joie
Mar 29, 2012 Joie rated it it was ok
Okay this seemed unfinished to me. The abrubt ending just didn't fit at all it left to many unanswered questions that could have been answered within this book not the next. But, with that said Jager was hot I really liked him and was wishing that he would just take his sword and chop off Roxie's head with it. I never did like her she's so annoying.
Noor
Jun 12, 2011 Noor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-f, shapeshifters, r-have
very very good it small and fast but it was very good i loved the main characters and also the others can't wait to read their story
Lori
Sep 23, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it
Another good read from this author. Still not sure what's so attractive over your lover turning into a wolf.
Jans
Jans rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
S.J. Abbo
S.J. Abbo rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Adrienne Gyorfi
Adrienne Gyorfi rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Kamarie
Kamarie rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Jennie Newell hartweck
Jennie Newell hartweck rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2013
Holly Arent
Holly Arent rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Pat
Pat rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2015
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Chey
Chey rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2011
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2012
K Lee
K Lee rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Karagan
Karagan rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2010
Angela Blair
Angela Blair rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2012
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2011
Divya Murugesan
Divya Murugesan rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
  • Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2)
  • Lycan It (Lycan, #3)
  • Running With the Pack (Cannon Pack, #3)
  • The Alpha (Vanguards, #2)
  • Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1)
  • Summer's Caress (Wolf’s Heritage, #2)
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Wolf Tracks (Granite Lake Wolves, #4)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
Marisa Chenery was always a lover of books, but after reading her first historical romance novel she found herself hooked. Having inherited a love for the written word, she soon started writing her own novels.

After trying her hand at writing historicals, she now writes paranormals.

Marisa lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and four children. She would love to hear from you, so drop her an em
More about Marisa Chenery...

Roxie's Protectors (7 books)
  • Roan's Fall (Roxie's Protectors, #1)
  • Leif's Surrender (Roxie's Protecters, #3)
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • Kye's Heart (Roxie's Protecters, #5)
  • Dirk's Love (Roxie's Protectors, #6)
  • Miles's Redemption (Roxie's Protectors, #7)