Start by marking “Primal Mothering In A Modern World” as Want to Read:
Primal Mothering In A Modern World

Primal Mothering In A Modern World

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
From natural childbirth to breastfeeding to mother/child bonding, this book provides a beautiful and powerful understanding of Primal Mothering. The author's inspired, educational, and sometimes autobiographical writing will touch the heart. An excellent discussion of natural diet is also included.
Paperback
Published by Sunfood Nutrition

To ask other readers questions about Primal Mothering In A Modern World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Mothering In A Modern World

Saskia
It took me a while to get into this. It sounded a bit to "dysfunctional" to me at first. Then when I got into it, I embraced it. I love the term "primal mother" I'm all about woman power, listening to our hearts, our spirits, meeting our children's needs. This book spoke to me. I connected with Hygiea's past, as I have had my own similar difficult situations in life. It made me want to embrace the primal mother in me more. I wouldn't recommend this book to most people, just because it is radical ...more
Rosie
Beware: Those who hate hippies will hate this book.

A very interesting read- she had two unassisted births- one a VBAC- and the last one experiencing no pain- an orgasmic birth. It's the first time that I understood why someone wouldn't want a midwife around! She's also a raw-foodie, a home-schooler, and much much more. A lot of her opinions and choices resonate with me, but I can tell that we are from very different generations. The only thing that irked me was her problem with attributing good
Momm DePlume
I had to check out the crazy.
Read up on the what happened to the author for more information. ( a tip: it involves her 13 year old daughter, a 25 year old * fiance* , and a *state caused miscarriage* as well as abduction of a minor from state custody. Good times. )
Faith Hobby
I have mixed feelings about this book. I think it is probably aimed at people that are already in agreement with the authors beliefs and are simply looking for guidance in application.
Matty
Matty added it
Jan 18, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Bethy
Bethy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Angela Gallardo
Angela Gallardo marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Glorybeafarm
Glorybeafarm marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Raindance Storm
Raindance Storm marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Shelly
Shelly added it
Jun 04, 2012
Emily
Emily added it
Oct 19, 2011
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2011
Stephanie Rainsbury
Stephanie Rainsbury marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2010
The Sacred Pole: Humanity's Homecoming Prostitute to PhD Everyday Erotica Primal Mothering: The Next Generation Raw Food Recipes: A Frutarian Child's Delight!