Chicken Bedtime Is Really Early

Chicken Bedtime Is Really Early

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Cheerful and observant, this rhyming story mirrors the bedtime rituals of children - brushing teeth, begging for a story, needing just one more glass of water - in the antics of a group of appealing young farm animals. We see bunnies gathered in footy pyjamas for a bedtime story, chickens flossing their teeth, and frogs singing lullabies. It's clever twist on a traditional...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Bedtime Is Really Early, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Bedtime Is Really Early

Seven Wonders Of The WORLD by Anna OthitisMy First Fun Golf Steps by Anna OthitisThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakFour is a little, Four is a LOT by Cheska Komissar
Books for four-year-old children
100th out of 239 books — 187 voters
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleA Pet Banana by Othen Donald Dale CummingsAn Elephant Is On My House by Othen Donald Dale CummingsBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone
Best Toddler Books
98th out of 264 books — 280 voters

More lists with this book...

Sabrina
This book was really cute. I would suggest it for a younger audience. The picture were very bright and texturedand had mny shapes incorporated in them. You could use this book for a math lesson as well. This would be a great book to read as an "activating strategy" for a unit on animals.
Peacegal
This is a nice little book about a large variety of animals on a fantasy farm getting ready for bed. The lighthearted verse offers up the idea that animal families aren't much different from our own. Everyone likes a nice warm sleeping spot and a kiss goodnight from Mama.
Mandy
(3.5 stars)

The animals all go to bed at different times and with many different routines and stall tactics. Some of these things may be like bedtime at your home too!
Melissa
This might be a fun way to introduce time to little ones. With each hour that an animal went to sleep, one of the children changed our clock to match the time.
Brian
Could be utilized in so many different ways. From counting shapes for a math lesson, to teaching time this colorful book is good for all.
Craig
This is one of our daughter's current favorites. The pictures of baby rabbits in footie pajamas just might be the cutest thing ever.
Paula

Rhyming text describes how different animal mothers and fathers get their young ones ready for bed on the farm.
babyhippoface
While this is a nice bedtime book, Chicken Butt remains my favorite Erica Perl title, forever and all-time.
Shelli
Fun bedtime story about animals on a farm and their very different bed time routines.
Amy
I like the unruly hamsters. Henry likes how the chicks wear nightcaps to bed.
Maria
Used this for storytime, love the rhyming and the illustrations.
Martha
Love ths story and rhyming. Love the pictures. Hate the font.
Kris
Really cute book although I find it to be a little long.
Erica Perl
Sep 05, 2008 Erica Perl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, I am the author. Visit me at ericaperl.com.
Samantha Penrose
Very cute! A great bedtime story.
Andrea
Jan 29, 2008 Andrea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children, parents
Great book to read to the kids.
Machim
Jul 30, 2010 Machim added it
Children's Books
Kristin Olin
Kristin Olin marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Aug 02, 2014
Susan Jones
Susan Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Zerlinna Teague
Zerlinna Teague marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Elizabeth Flood
Elizabeth Flood marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
An accomplished and versatile writer, Erica S. Perl wears many hats literally and figuratively. Her middle grade novel, WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU O.J., is "a must read for all 8-12 year olds" (modernjewishmom.com). It was named a Sydney Taylor Award Notable Book, and was a finalist for state book awards in VT and RI. The sequel, ACES WILD, came out in Summer, 2013.

She is also the author of several pictu...more
More about Erica S. Perl...
When Life Gives You O.J. Vintage Veronica Chicken Butt Dotty Chicken Butt's Back!