Start by marking “Soul Eater, Vol. 16 (Soul Eater, #16)” as Want to Read:
Soul Eater, Vol. 16 (Soul Eater, #16)

Soul Eater, Vol. 16 (Soul Eater #16)

4.39  ·  Rating Details ·  1,098 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Like the other members of the newly formed Spartoi unit, Maka and Soul undergo rigorous training, probing the boundaries of Soul's hard-won new potential as a weapon. Maka's soul perception ability has made her the enemy's next target, and she and Soul will have to kick it up to a whole new level-and fast! Noah and his followers are coming, ready or not!!

Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Eater, Vol. 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Eater, Vol. 16

Mary ♥
Sep 03, 2016 Mary ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
They need to save Kid ASAP
Jesse Zellmer
Jan 14, 2015 Jesse Zellmer rated it liked it
Shelves: art-comics-manga
So to put it simply, I don't normally give a manga series that looks like scrapped Tim Burton characters and more action than substance a rating this high. To put it specifically; Soul Eater is balls out entertaining as balls with balls on top. It's a prototypical school-fantasy series that tries to be Harry Potter and the Nightmare Before Christmas, tries cocaine, develops a split personality and decides that it's both. And I'm not trying to fanboy but Soul Eater was the perfect show to start o ...more
Mal
my
mad-
ness?

Michael Schmid
Sep 23, 2016 Michael Schmid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mag die Entwicklung des kurzen Zeitsprungs und bin echt gespannt, was jez noch alles kommen wird oo
Miss Ryoko
Mar 08, 2017 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Oh my lanta was Maka super annoying in this volume. I went from thinking she was such a bad ass, and then at the beginning of this volume she became such a whiny little brat. Luckily she got it together a bit... but ugh I wanted to punch her in the face.

It was super bad ass being able to see Kilik's demon pots in Shaman form. Super righteous!!

I can't wait to see what happens with Crona next volume!
Mehsi
This will be a review for Volume 15 and 16. Not a long one, due to amount of spoilers that are present in these 2 volumes. I will try to keep it as spoiler-free as possible, but I just have to talk about some stuff.

These 2 volumes are packed full with action, excitement and revelations. Volume 15 finishes the whole Baba Yaga arc with an epic twist that I saw coming (Hey, it is Medusa, everyone should know that she has tricks everywhere.). Volume 15 also goes into the Spartoi Arc which continues
Serene
The fights in this volume are some of my favorite in the entire series. One fight focuses on Maka and Soul learning to fly which visually is very cool and a useful new power to have. The next fight features Kilik, his partners Fire and Thunder, Liz, Patty, Kim, and Jackie. Other than Liz and Patty, we don't get to see much of these characters, especially their fights, so it's nice to see them get the spotlight for once. Their powers are very different from the core cast's, so it's a nice change ...more
Sarah Hayes
Mar 04, 2014 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Ladies and gentlemen, Maka Albarn will kick your butt. It's not even a question, it's a fact. And now that the Baba Yaga Castle arc has ended, everyone can see why Maka is so awesome. Once at school, someone saw my Soul Eater bag and asked me, "Maka or Soul?" My answer: "Maka, of course. Soul is nothing without her." A weapon is nothing without their meister, and Maka is one pretty cool meister.

You can read my complete review of SOUL EATER volume 16 here at my blog.
Sophia F
Nov 30, 2013 Sophia F rated it really liked it
Even though Soul is now a Death-scythe, nothing really seems different except the fact that they can fly, (with cute, fluffy slow wings, or spiky, kind of scary fast wings), and that Soul is more popular than usual. I didn't realize so many girls were giving him letters all the time.
CRONAAAAAAAAA!!!! DON'T BE A BUTT FORGETTING MAKA!!!!!!!!! Btw, I still don't understand Crona's gender, and in the manga the spelling of his/her name keeps changing from Crona to Chrona. :/
Sophia Jones
Dec 14, 2013 Sophia Jones rated it liked it
Somehow I skipped over volume 15, but I was able to understand to plot just fine. Soul has finally eaten his witch's soul and is a death scythe. He and Maka go through some training... and do I sense romantic tension on the horizon? Kid has been captured by crazy witch(?) warlock(?) or something Noah and everybody is trying to save him while training. Kid seems much more mature in this volume, and the intertwining of teenage romance/friendship troubles with the action plot was entertaining.
Lara
Haha, such a fun series! I like seeing Maka and Soul try to figure out their new abilities, and it's fun to see what the rest of the gang are up to as well. This volume has plenty of action as well as a few humorous parts, and we see some indications of what's to come in the next volume (uhhhh, what's up with Crona?). Looking forward to #17!
Logan Simpson
Jun 25, 2015 Logan Simpson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I love this series. Soul has finally become a death scythe. Maka's soul is a grigori, which means she can fly if her and Soul can get the wings down pat. However, while the two are practicing, they are attacked by one of Noah's followers, Gopher who intends to kill them. I just have to say that Gopher is really getting on my nerves.
Rena
Mar 11, 2014 Rena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, manga
I deeply apologize, I got messed up on the volume cut offs... (*sigh* Again!) I will just say that this is an awesome series and is definitely one of my top favorite mangas right now.
Laurianne Uy
Mar 24, 2014 Laurianne Uy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Maka and Soul are wonderful in that first chapter about flying. And Kilik, Fire and Thunder, teaming up with Liz and Patty? Divine!
Re-Re
Dec 09, 2014 Re-Re rated it it was amazing
I love it when Soul Evans became a Death Scythe!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This has been interesting so far and I'm kind of liking it. I wasn't sure I was going to. But you get used to it.
Kamrie Branch
I love soul eater
Sara
God this manga never stops!
Maka's wings are awesome- so glad she didn't stick with those pathetic cute ones.
Medusa id back and...Chrona...poor Chrona...
Kay
Jan 06, 2014 Kay rated it liked it
Discovering maka and souls new abilities, getting to see the new archs villains, and the kilik battle! And pot of fire and pot of thunder!!
Xavier Xman
Oct 28, 2015 Xavier Xman rated it it was amazing
cool
Blaine Tiu
Aug 01, 2016 Blaine Tiu rated it it was amazing
Grown up fire and thunder, maka's new ability with dynamic battle and awesome use of azusa's power made an addicting volume!
Dave Mevis
good stuff. plenty to like here for Soul Eater fans.
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Rafaelionita8
Rafaelionita8 rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2017
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Jen Vance
Jen Vance rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Henny
Henny rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
HMSA Reads: Spoilers: Soul Eater volume 16 3 17 Aug 25, 2016 03:29PM
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 16
  • フェアリーテイル 25 [Fearī Teiru 25] (Fairy Tail, #25)
  • Kobato., Vol. 06 (Kobato., #6)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
2018764
Atsushi Ōkubo (大久保 篤 Ōkubo Atsushi?), also romanized as Atsushi Ohkubo, is a Japanese manga author and fantasy artist known for his work on the manga series Soul Eater, which has been adapted into an anime. Okubo worked as an assistant under Rando Ayamine, on the manga series Get Backers. He also created artwork for various cards for the Lord of Vermillion game.

Atsushi Ōkubo was not a model studen
More about Atsushi Ohkubo...

Soul Eater (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 01 (Soul Eater, #1)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 02 (Soul Eater, #2)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 03 (Soul Eater, #3)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 04 (Soul Eater, #4)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 05 (Soul Eater, #5)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 06 (Soul Eater, #6)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 07 (Soul Eater, #7)
  • ソウルイーター 8 [Sōru Ītā 8] (Soul Eater, #8)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 09 (Soul Eater, #9)
  • ソウルイーター 10

“Kid... I must ask you to please refrain from reorganizing the contents of my book without my permission...' Noah

'Hmph. If you plan on keeping me locked up in this book, then you can at least keep the thing properly organized.' Death the Kid”
3 likes