Start by marking “Why Jay Ran Away (Contact, #3)” as Want to Read:
Why Jay Ran Away (Contact, #3)

Why Jay Ran Away (Contact #3)

Book three in the Contact Series

When you love someone you give them your heart. But if it turns out they may literally want it - run like hell! This time there won't be any contact without one hell of an explanation!

Jay loves Nic unconditionally. Completely. That is until he accidently overhears something he shouldn't. Something that suggests Nic is involved in a terrible
Published October 18th 2010 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Why Jay Ran Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Jay Ran Away

My Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyThe Englor Affair by J.L. LangleyBroken Boundaries by Evangeline AndersonAn Uncommon Whore by Belinda McBrideClaimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts by Lyn Gala
Best Gay Spacemen
76th out of 215 books — 346 voters
Beaten But Unconquered by Bryn ColvinDragon’s Egg by Lena AustinMarked by Sean MichaelTopping Timothy by Erin O'NiallMan To Man by G.A. Hauser
Worst Gay Book Covers
158th out of 289 books — 316 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was a cute, sweet story and I only have two regrets. I wished it was a little longer and I wished there were an epilogue so we could see if Nic and Jay were able to get off planet successfully and take their information to someone who could help them. Other than that, I have no complaints. I loved the little details about the cat ears and how Jade has created this world but mostly I was fond of the way Jay seemed weak in the beginning but proved he had a backbone by the end of the story. ...more
Serena Yates
Oct 20, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This third volume in Jade Archer's "Contact" series was even better than the first two. We get to see more details about the future “world” Jade Archer is building in this series. And let me tell you, they made my blood run cold.

Jay is a slave who contracted himself out to learn skills valuable for his home planet, just like Lore in the first, and Blade in the second book. Jay, however, is under constant threat from the senior partners of the law firm he works for. Beatings and worse are quite f
 ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
Jay is my new favorite character in this series. At first, I thought he was a quite little kitten, but by the end I was begging for more of this hot tempered lover. I loved reading the love story of Nic and Jay. I hope to see more of them in the future. My only complaint was that this book was too short, Jade I NEED more Jay and Nic!!
Bark's Book Nonsense
Nov 02, 2010 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, romance
3 1/2 starts. This story in the "Contact" series of sexy cat men is much more action driven than the previous two and the two characters are already in a loving relationship when things begin. I really enjoyed the two leads but, again, desperately wish these books were longer. They always seem to rushed for me to truly fall into :(
Valentina Heart
This one is my favorite in the series so far. I just loved Jay and the first scene when I read it, blew my mind. So I'm rating the version that I've read that long time ago when glass of wine was a reward for a good written chapter and a comfort when publishers just got on our nerves.

Great work Jade;) Congratulations on all your publications;)
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Loved it! My favorite of the series so far.
Wendy Ann
Nov 28, 2010 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
Longing for more!! Having finished this third installment in the Contact series, it only leaves me wanting more. I can't get enough of these sexy little cat men and their partners and would love to know more about Nic and Jay and their future beyond where this story ended. How about it Jade?:) You've got me hooked and I'm hoping for more to satisfy my addiction. Great job on the series as a whole!!!
Heather C
Jun 30, 2011 Heather C rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. In the beginning I wasn't sure if I could trust Nic, but it was all a big misunderstanding from poor communication. And I LOVED Jay. He was a fiesty little kitty!
Tailtiu
Jan 07, 2013 Tailtiu rated it liked it
3,5*
Lexi Ander
Oct 20, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
Adorable and fierce little Jay. This is the best one yet in the series.
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Sweet and short. Felt a little like we were dropped into the middle of the story.
Jade Archer
Jan 25, 2011 Jade Archer added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
More reviews you might be interested in.

Dark Divas Reviews said : Jade Archer’s Contact Series is quite phenomenal. Ms. Archer took us from joy to utter desolation to determination and any and all points in between. The further that we delve into the worlds in her Contact Series the more I find myself avidly awaiting the next book and I truly hope that there is much more to come.

Literary Nymphs : Jade Archer’s third story in the Contact series includes act
Karel
Dec 14, 2012 Karel rated it did not like it
A ridiculously low-security head honcho... Who walks around without bodyguards when they're dealing with evil? I didn't like this one. Liked the interactions between Jay and Nic, but the plot was too rushed. I understand that that's the deal with short story, but it's much more realistic if things are left as-is instead of some uber-forced HEA. But hey, that's just me nitpicking.
Virginia
Another cute little sci fi novella in this series. This whole series is made up of quick, short reads with minimum angst but lots of cuteness :)
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Short and sweet. I enjoyed seeing Jay's development from quiet and timid to self assured and demanding!
I read this as a stand alone, which was fine.
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2011
Dan Molloy
Dan Molloy rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2014
Christina Enness
Christina Enness rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2010
cturtlechick
cturtlechick rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Ter
Ter rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2010
Breedcentosette
Breedcentosette rated it it was ok
May 14, 2013
Magnolia
Magnolia rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2010
Maxine
Maxine rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Ann Roberts
Ann Roberts rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Ericka Walden
Ericka Walden rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2010
Lang
Lang rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2011
Pampulakorva
Pampulakorva rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Cadet's Officer
  • Cat Toy
  • Bonding (Himiko, #1)
  • Pandora Project: Runaway Star
  • Outcast Mine
  • What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • KLT23
  • Handcuffs and Headlocks (Rawlings Men #3)
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Lover & Commander
  • Something About Harry (Healing #3)
  • Spice ‘n’ Solace (Galactic Alliance #1)
  • Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1)
  • An Uncommon Whore (An Uncommon Whore #1)
  • Reifu Rising
  • Soldier Mine (Thresl Chronicles, #1)
Jade was born in 2010 after a prolonged pregnancy and labour of over thirty-four years!

Yes, she is a pseudonym. A work of my fevered imagination, which never seems to grow tired of inventing new characters. And this one's a whopper. One that seems to have taken over my life to the point I'm no longer sure where she ends and I begin! Still, it seems to be working for us.

I’ve decided she’s about twe
More about Jade Archer...

Contact (4 books)
  • What To Do With Lore (Contact,#1)
  • How To Steal Blade (Contact, #2)
  • Where To Find Harte (Contact, #4)