Start by marking “Puppyperfect: The User-Friendly Guide to Puppy Parenting” as Want to Read:
Puppyperfect: The User-Friendly Guide to Puppy Parenting

Puppyperfect: The User-Friendly Guide to Puppy Parenting

The book is user-friendly.
The approach is puppy-friendly!
Your puppy is so irresistible, cute, and lovable--until she chews your shoe, uproots your flowers, ruins your rug, demolishes your remote, or gobbles up your steaks.
Understanding your puppy's unique personality, breed-specific traits, and temperament will help you tailor and implement proper, positive training tec
Published May 28th 2010 by Howell Books (first published October 24th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Puppyperfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puppyperfect

❆ Crystal ❆
Good book.. very informative. 4 stars.
Lisa
Feb 27, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hodgson's style of puppy parenting seems to suit my style. I like her charts and plan to copy them to post as reminders for myself and husband. This really is a "user-friendly" puppy parenting guide.
Brandyn
Jun 26, 2016 Brandyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, non-fiction
Seems like very useful information, but I won't rate until I actually get a puppy and apply it. When I got Gizmo (first dog) he was 6 months and I skipped the super young puppy phase. I really miss Giz, but I hate not having a dog. Unfortunately, my job situation means I cannot get a new one until August. Since Gizmo passed away so young and abruptly I'm not mentally in a "train a new puppy" frame of mind. I decided to read this a few months ahead to try to mentally prepare and on that front I t ...more
Krista Jensen
Feb 08, 2010 Krista Jensen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book after reading and comparing reviews of other puppy-training books. It was an easy, clear training guide with positive language and reasoning I understood. I feel much better prepared to welcome our new 9-week old puppy into our home next week. Sarah Hodgson's style seems to fit my own personality, so we will see how it goes. I will follow this review with an update as I apply her technique in conjunction with the Leerburg 8 Week to 8 Month Training Video.
I especially like the d
Lorin
Oct 04, 2010 Lorin rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic practical guide for raising a puppy. It's got everything from what to expect each week, to games that can help to teach and train, to a shopping list of what to buy when you bring the puppy home. I'm certainly going to refer to this book over and over as my puppy grows!
Raven
Mar 07, 2011 Raven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the Holy Bible of dog training that my husband swears by. it will not only help you understand WHAT to do to train your puppy, but WHY they do what they do, and why their approach works. definitely a must-have for new dog owners.
Anand
Anand rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2013
Heidi Dawn
Heidi Dawn rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Heidi Johnston
Heidi Johnston rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Spencer Flanders
Spencer Flanders rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2013
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2012
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Renee McMillen
Renee McMillen rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2013
Jose B. Martinez
Jose B. Martinez rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Antonio Pontes
Antonio Pontes rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Fiona
Fiona rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2011
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2013
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Amber Williams
Amber Williams rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Jennifer Ann Yates
Jennifer Ann Yates rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2011
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2011
Camie
Camie rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2013
Dale Edmonds
Dale Edmonds rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Katie Benedict
Katie Benedict rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2011
Fence
Fence rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2011
Fabian
Fabian rated it liked it
May 24, 2015