Stick Shift

Stick Shift

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Genre: BBW Erotic Contemporary

An orchestra musician, a private music teacher, and a homebody, Lily’s a full-figured, quiet woman who lives a fairly simple and solitary life. Aside from music, she has one big passion: stock car racing. She’s been a fan for as long as she can remember and makes the yearly pilgrimage to Daytona as often as she can. When she’s offered a chance...more
Published (first published May 2010)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Cam is a famous top tier race car driver and Lily is a shy and homely woman.

Cam is twenty-five and Lilly is thirty-two.

Cam is insanely hot and Lily isn’t comfortable with being near someone who oozes such sex appeal.

I really enjoyed this book! Cam is such a cutie and although Lily annoyed me a bit in the beginning with the “Age” thing, she came through in the end.

Stick Shift is an insanely hot read. I loved the “lawn scene”, though Cam doesn’t beat Vinter in my eyes. Vinter is still my number on...more
Kellie G.
3 & 1/2 stars. A little bit corny & like a lot of novellas they fall in love very fast, but it worked for me. Steamy erotic romance with a sweet love story.
Cecile
I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

Okay... I am sure you are getting tired of the all the books I have been showcasing lately... what can I say ~ I love sharing the hot books that I read! And thi...more
Tammie
5.00 Stars - Contemporary Erotic Romance

The $5.99 price tag on the Kindle edition of this short story nearly made me pass it up. But I'm a sucker for a good sports romance, and NASCAR drivers are crazy sexy! Plus, my curiosity in Lily was piqued just by reading the blurb. I appreciate when authors create heroines with real bodies, real fears, and real lives.

Cam is even tastier than I'd hoped! He's focused, drives to win, adores his true fans and isn't put-off by the ones who love to hate him. I...more
Genney Blass
3.5 stars. Definitely a short story, wanting more details, to fast and incoherent at the end. Felt in complete, but cute.
J.A. Saare
I really loved this one -- the cover tells all: this story is hot, fast, and will rock your socks. :)
DGS
When sweet musician/teacher Lily goes to North Carolina for a mini vacation to house sit for her friend, she never imagined that her life would be turned upside down.

Lily is a huge race fan, and while her friend is out of the country, she leaves Lily with her racing tickets. Before a race one day, Lily and a friend go to an autograph session that features Cam Carter - THE hottest driver in racing today. Lily is shy, 32 years old, and doesn't feel she is anything special. After an awkward meeting...more
Sofia Grey
I’m on a Lissa Matthews kick at the moment, and I’m a sucker for racing car drivers… this could have been written especially for me * grin *.

Lily is a quiet and curvaceous woman with two passions in life: music and stock car racing. She jumps at the chance to spend two weeks in North Carolina and finds herself at an autograph signing session for popular driver Cam Carter. He’s as thrilling off the track as he is behind the wheel and Lily watches, mesmerised, as he signs her friend’s t-shirt. Wa...more
Joyfully Reviewed
Lily’s a full figured beautiful woman, an orchestra musician and music teacher. She leads a quiet life with only one exception she loves stock car racing. When her friend, Candi offers her the use of her home and her season tickets to the races while she is out of the country Lily cannot refuse. One thing Lily never expected was to get involved with racings bad boy.

Cam Carter is a rising star in the racing business. He’s loved by some and hated by others. He lives to race. He’s a strong willed a...more
JoAnne Kenrick
Oh Lily, how lucky you are. A man that bakes cookies, and sweeps you off your feet. I am jealous!

Yeah. Lissa's work is a hit again. Another romance starring a real woman, and a sexy as hell man who'd do anything to get his gal. I am soooo not a racing car fan, but oh my heart stopped a few times when Cam, the sexy hero, got himself into a few situations on the track. And I giggled at the cute flirtatious digs and bedroom banter.

Over all, this ebook was much longer than the normal novella, but...more
KK
Melek
Bu kitap açıkça dandik.
Dorothy Shaw
Loved this story. LOVE RACING and Lissa did an awesome job of incorporating that world into a love story. Awesome! Lily and Cam are wicked steamy. Their blossoming love is adorable and Cam is the perfect -I know what I want and I'm getting it-alpha male. Hot steamy sex scenes top this romance off! I can't wait to read more from Lissa.
Diane
This is the book that turned me into a Lissa Matthews fan! I loved this story, loved the characters, their challenges as well as their triumphs and really liked how it played out. I highly recommend it!
Ni_kii
This was a well written short story but there was something lacking for me. It's a short story so it's s given that they will be in love within half a page but I just didn't believe in their story!
Angie
I loved this book even though I am not much of a race fan. A woman meets the driver of her dreams and comes out of her shell. What's not to love!
Sammy
He is constantly thinking of punishing her which is really not my thing but the story is short and cute and the characters are likable.
Maggie
Yet another "love at first sight" book. I'm just not a fan of the over the top, sappy romance novel, and this was one of those.
Courtney
I've never been a fan of NASCAR, but I may need to rethink that if they're like Cam! LOL
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sue
Sue added it
Jul 25, 2014
Monique Barao
Monique Barao marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Olga NNikolaidi
Olga NNikolaidi marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Eva
Eva is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • Scoring Lacey
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • What She Wants (Cape May, #1)
  • Dare to Surrender
  • Long Time Coming
  • Full Bodied Charmer
  • A Little White Lie
  • Assume the Positions (Cougar Challenge, #5)
  • Mardi Gras
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)
  • Suck and Blow (Party Games, #1)
  • A Whole Lot of Love
  • Last Call
  • Kidnapped for Christmas
  • The Lady Flees Her Lord
  • A Thin Line
  • A Kiss for Luck
Simple Need (Simple Need, #1) Ink Spots (Simple Need, #3) Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need, #2) Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1) Committed: An Erotic Valentine's Tale