Start by marking “Stick Shift (Bad Boys of Racing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stick Shift (Bad Boys of Racing, #1)

Stick Shift (Bad Boys of Racing #1)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  240 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Genre: BBW Erotic Contemporary

An orchestra musician, a private music teacher, and a homebody, Lily’s a full-figured, quiet woman who lives a fairly simple and solitary life. Aside from music, she has one big passion: stock car racing. She’s been a fan for as long as she can remember and makes the yearly pilgrimage to Daytona as often as she can. When she’s offered a chance
Published (first published May 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Stick Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stick Shift

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Feb 04, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lissa Matthews fans, erotica lovers
Cam is a famous top tier race car driver and Lily is a shy and homely woman.

Cam is twenty-five and Lilly is thirty-two.

Cam is insanely hot and Lily isn’t comfortable with being near someone who oozes such sex appeal.

I really enjoyed this book! Cam is such a cutie and although Lily annoyed me a bit in the beginning with the “Age” thing, she came through in the end.

Stick Shift is an insanely hot read. I loved the “lawn scene”, though Cam doesn’t beat Vinter in my eyes. Vinter is still my number on
Kellie G.
Jun 24, 2012 Kellie G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 & 1/2 stars. A little bit corny & like a lot of novellas they fall in love very fast, but it worked for me. Steamy erotic romance with a sweet love story.
Cecile
Jul 10, 2010 Cecile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

Okay... I am sure you are getting tired of the all the books I have been showcasing lately... what can I say ~ I love sharing the hot books that I read! And thi
Blackravens Reviews
Isabel's Review

Lissa Matthews is a new author to me, but Stick Shift, the first book in her Bad Boys of Racing series was a pure delight. Cam was one dangerous, sexy, alpha male who knew exactly what he wanted once he laid eyes on Lily. His drive, determination, and confidence was one sexy package that made my mouth water for more. Add to that his skills in the bedroom and he's all that and a bag of chips. I love the older woman younger man trope and when you add 200 miles per hour to the mix, i
Tammie
May 10, 2015 Tammie rated it it was amazing
The $5.99 price tag on the Kindle edition of this short story nearly made me pass it up. But I'm a sucker for a good sports romance, and NASCAR drivers are crazy sexy! Plus, my curiosity in Lily was piqued just by reading the blurb. I appreciate when authors create heroines with real bodies, real fears, and real lives.

Cam is even tastier than I'd hoped! He's focused, drives to win, adores his true fans and isn't put-off by the ones who love to hate him. I fell in love with him the second he sna
KK
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
RE-RELEASED AUGUST 31, 2014. REVISED, NEW SCENES, NEW COVER.
stick shift
Diane
Jan 07, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is the book that turned me into a Lissa Matthews fan! I loved this story, loved the characters, their challenges as well as their triumphs and really liked how it played out. I highly recommend it!
Genney Blass
3.5 stars. Definitely a short story, wanting more details, to fast and incoherent at the end. Felt in complete, but cute.
J.A. Saare
Sep 06, 2010 J.A. Saare rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this one -- the cover tells all: this story is hot, fast, and will rock your socks. :)
DGS
Apr 19, 2011 DGS rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
When sweet musician/teacher Lily goes to North Carolina for a mini vacation to house sit for her friend, she never imagined that her life would be turned upside down.

Lily is a huge race fan, and while her friend is out of the country, she leaves Lily with her racing tickets. Before a race one day, Lily and a friend go to an autograph session that features Cam Carter - THE hottest driver in racing today. Lily is shy, 32 years old, and doesn't feel she is anything special. After an awkward meeting
Sofia Grey
May 12, 2012 Sofia Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-picks-2012
I’m on a Lissa Matthews kick at the moment, and I’m a sucker for racing car drivers… this could have been written especially for me * grin *.

Lily is a quiet and curvaceous woman with two passions in life: music and stock car racing. She jumps at the chance to spend two weeks in North Carolina and finds herself at an autograph signing session for popular driver Cam Carter. He’s as thrilling off the track as he is behind the wheel and Lily watches, mesmerised, as he signs her friend’s t-shirt. Wa
Joyfully Reviewed
Lily’s a full figured beautiful woman, an orchestra musician and music teacher. She leads a quiet life with only one exception she loves stock car racing. When her friend, Candi offers her the use of her home and her season tickets to the races while she is out of the country Lily cannot refuse. One thing Lily never expected was to get involved with racings bad boy.

Cam Carter is a rising star in the racing business. He’s loved by some and hated by others. He lives to race. He’s a strong willed a
Deb
Sep 25, 2015 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lissa Matthews takes on NASCAR Romance, and gets a checkered flag!

Cam was a shock for me, I must admit. This young stud had so much heart and maturity that made him a strong contender for most remember able hero. Cam is the rising bad boy star in racing, always one to butt heads with other drivers Cam does not back down. Now he set his eyes on a different prize, but can he win in the end?

Lily is a heroine that I stamp with the "Real Deal" tag. I could just eat her character up. Down to earth, pa
JoAnne Kenrick
Jun 02, 2010 JoAnne Kenrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star-rating
Oh Lily, how lucky you are. A man that bakes cookies, and sweeps you off your feet. I am jealous!

Yeah. Lissa's work is a hit again. Another romance starring a real woman, and a sexy as hell man who'd do anything to get his gal. I am soooo not a racing car fan, but oh my heart stopped a few times when Cam, the sexy hero, got himself into a few situations on the track. And I giggled at the cute flirtatious digs and bedroom banter.

Over all, this ebook was much longer than the normal novella, but
Orena
May 11, 2016 Orena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must say i liked this book,in the beginning i figured he was just using her like he would with the groupies,but as you read more into the book you can see how sweet and sincere he is.I would highly recommend this book for anybody who likes romance books.
Martha
Sep 24, 2014 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
9/12/14 - rereading as it has been updated and want to see what changes were made...
9/19/14 - I liked it as much as I did the first time. I only wish there was an epilogue of some kind to finish their story but now it looks like there will be books 2 & 3!!! Hopefully well see Cam and Lily in those and that it will wrap them up nicely!
Dorothy Shaw
Mar 16, 2011 Dorothy Shaw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story. LOVE RACING and Lissa did an awesome job of incorporating that world into a love story. Awesome! Lily and Cam are wicked steamy. Their blossoming love is adorable and Cam is the perfect -I know what I want and I'm getting it-alpha male. Hot steamy sex scenes top this romance off! I can't wait to read more from Lissa.
Ni_kii
Jan 15, 2011 Ni_kii rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy
This was a well written short story but there was something lacking for me. It's a short story so it's s given that they will be in love within half a page but I just didn't believe in their story!
Angie
Sep 02, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book even though I am not much of a race fan. A woman meets the driver of her dreams and comes out of her shell. What's not to love!
Sammy
Nov 26, 2013 Sammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
He is constantly thinking of punishing her which is really not my thing but the story is short and cute and the characters are likable.
Maggie
Nov 26, 2011 Maggie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yet another "love at first sight" book. I'm just not a fan of the over the top, sappy romance novel, and this was one of those.
Courtney
May 13, 2010 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a fan of NASCAR, but I may need to rethink that if they're like Cam! LOL
Melek G.
Belle Aurora
Mar 25, 2013 Belle Aurora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant
Thea
Thea marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Litchi
Litchi added it
Jul 11, 2016
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Scoring Lacey
  • Dare to Surrender
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Assume the Positions (Cougar Challenge, #5)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Full Bodied Charmer
  • Long Time Coming
  • Kidnapped for Christmas
  • Beg Me
  • What She Wants (Cape May, #1)
  • A Whole Lot of Love
  • Creative License
  • Seducing Sam
  • A Little White Lie
  • Truly Scrumptious
  • Ready and Willing
  • Suck and Blow (Party Games, #1)

Bad Boys of Racing (2 books)
  • Grinding Gears (Bad Boys of Racing, #2)