Start by marking “Bottega: Bold Italian Flavors from the Heart of California's Wine Country” as Want to Read:
Bottega: Bold Italian Flavors from the Heart of California's Wine Country

Bottega: Bold Italian Flavors from the Heart of California's Wine Country

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Michael Chiarello's fans have watched him on Top Chef Masters, the Food Network, and PBS. He's an Emmy Award winner and award-winning author, with combined cookbook sales of over 400,000 copies. Chiarello returns to the kitchen with a cookbook inspired by the soulful Southern Italian-style menu at his new Napa Valley restaurant, Bottega. It's rich with more than 120 photog ...more
Published September 29th 2010 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Bottega, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottega

Fine dinning at home. Well, I love eating good food but I guess I'm not into all the prep at home. I thought maybe I'd find one recipe to make my signature 'Chiarello' but reality sets in: give me tasty simple cooking and I'll leave the fancy stuff to others.
I also prefer recipes where I can buy the ingredients; I'm not going to find sea urchin in a land-locked state let alone a whole sucking pig. And we have yet to find even professional cooks who can make risotto right at this elevation.
Catherine Smith
I just love Michael Chiarello. His great recipes and appreciation for the earthiness of Napa is very endearing. I love that I can pop by Bottega periodically and actually taste some of the recipes he has in his cook book or variations of them.
Gorgeous book. Not sure I can make anything in this, but I love the techniques and tips. I ate there once and it was incredible.
Jon added it
Nov 19, 2015
Amy Pauwels
Amy Pauwels marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Anna marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Sue Walsh
Sue Walsh marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Jleyser marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Sophie added it
Jul 20, 2015
Steve Locastro
Steve Locastro marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
MICHELLE TROSCLAIR marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Tamie added it
Apr 19, 2015
Brooke added it
Mar 29, 2015
Kate marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Toni marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Alain Phanouvong
Alain Phanouvong marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Megan added it
Oct 31, 2014
Nennys added it
May 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Michael Chiarello is an award-winning chef and owner of critically acclaimed Bottega restaurant in the Napa Valley. He made his mark by combining his Southern Italian roots with the distinctive hallmarks of Napa Valley living. From his earliest childhood experiences – created around his mother’s California kitchen with his extended Italian family of butchers, cheesemakers and ranchers -Michael Chi ...more
More about Michael Chiarello...