Start by marking “Arranged” as Want to Read:
Arranged
Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Arranged

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  5,408 ratings  ·  846 reviews
Anne Blythe has a great life: a good job, good friends, and a potential book deal for her first novel. When it comes to finding someone to share it with, however, she just can't seem to get it right.

After yet another relationship ends, Anne comes across a business card for what she thinks is a dating service, and she pockets it just in case. When her best friend, Sarah, an
Paperback, First Edition, 390 pages
Published January 8th 2011 by HarperCollins Canada (first published December 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Arranged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arranged

Colleen
If I could give it a higher star rating, I would. And if it was published now everyone I know would be getting a copy for Christmas. Thank you, Catherine, for helping me realize that when written well, I love books with romance in them.

Here's my full review, originally posted at http://lavenderlines.wordpress.com

So yesterday Catherine McKenzie's first book, Spin, made it on my list of favorite reads for 2010. I know we're only three days into 2011 but I can tell you that Arranged will make it o
Smilingplatypus
This was a fascinating concept -- a successful, independent woman gets fed up with her failed romances and signs up for an arranged marriage service. It turns out to be light and predictable, with fairly shallow characters (in terms of development, and only sometimes in terms of personality), a bland romance, and an obvious "plot twist" towards the end.

It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong: but it was a bit like eating "empty calories" in that it's rather fun while you're reading it, but afterwards
Hilda
Arranged marriage was the norm for centuries. Romantic love is a modern notion.

When Anne Blythe learns that his long time boyfriend, Stuart, is cheating on her, she ends their relationship and decides to find a new man. This time, she vows to herself not to fall for dark-haired and blue-eyed man anymore. Anne has a type, yes, and all of her ex-boyfriends have that similar look. But it’s hard to be alone, especially when your ex-boyfriend is already married, your brother is expecting the fourth c
Nancy
For some reason Catherine McKenzie needs to be my best friend. Supposing she is vaguely like the protagonists she writes, I am quite certain she and I would have a wonderful time together. I'm pretty sure I'd have to keep running to the bathroom because she makes me laugh so hard. Because I get it. I really do.

My copy of Arranged is an ARC so I am not allowed to quote it. But if I could, I might just quote a little ditty from when Anne is feeling sorry for herself and finds herself drinking too
Tammy Walton Grant
Sep 30, 2012 Tammy Walton Grant rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tammy by: Buggy
So my friend Buggy (*waves*) was reading a really cool-sounding book called Spin a while ago. I added it to my mountainous TBR, and when this book, by the same author, came across my radar I snagged it.

I am so glad I did - this was sooooo good. I loved it, think everyone should read it, and here's a little bit about it:

Anne has a great life, except for the love part of it. She just wants what everyone else seems to have. After breaking up with a cheating boyfriend and her best friend gets engag
Melissa Landers
This was so delicious that I started and finished it in the same day! I found the concept of modern-day arranged marriage fascinating, especially the way it was facilitated by the matchmakers, Blythe & Co. This is a must read for anyone who enjoys shows like "Married at First Sight."
An arranged marriage. Would you agree to one? Well, after being frustrated with yet another breakup, that is exactly what Anne Blythe agrees to. Arranged kept my interest from page one. I was so hooked I couldn't put it down. I just had to know what was going to happen in these characters' lives. I laughed, I got teary-eyed, I felt protective of my new best friends. Seriously, I would be best friends with these people...if they were real, haha. The characters are incredibly likeable and for a wh ...more
Therese Walsh
Catherine McKenzie’s Arranged explores what happens when what you think you want collides with what you really need. It’s a rare book: smart, funny, honest, and absorbing. I truly enjoyed it.
Didi
I read this a while back and remember liking it. It had a very old fashioned feel to it and was quite sweet. It was also interesting to note the arranged marriage while outdated in North American society was the benchmark for coupling throughout history.
Virginia Campbell
Everyone has their own idea of what "Happily Ever After" means, and what it means for themselves may differ from what they think it means for others. Arranged marriages are well documented throughout history, with women often having little choice in their matrimonial destinies. Matchmakers have been "hired" for many different reasons, offering a practiced brand of "love for money". Mail-order brides were the original "personal ads" and the forerunners to online dating. In this day and age, what' ...more
Kristin
I love it when I stumble on a book that I was not expecting and it then turns out to be exactly what I need. Such was my introduction to the beautifully simple writing style of Catherine McKenzie through her second book Arranged.

I came across Arranged while searching through the 'Deals' section on my Nook. I will confess it was the cover that caught my eye initially. Then I read the overview and thought to myself, "hmm, this is different. I need something different. My book rut is quickly becomi
Myrna
Great chick lit book! Unique plot, entertaining, and fast read.
Say
Well, another first take on an author and guess what? I LOVED IT....AGAIN!!! Yes, at first I find Anne irritating with all the ranting of wanting to get married but other than that I loved everything about it, which made me give it 5 stars.

And the reason for Jack getting into an arranged marriage? IT NEVER EVEN CROSSED MY MIND!!! You have to read it to know what I mean.

Gonna check on this author again, definitely!!!
Zemira Warner
Since I'm in a crappy mood this book was a perfect distraction. It's been so long since I properly sat down and read a book. For the past couple of months I can't even force myself to read the books I waited for months/years but Catherine McKenzie managed to get me out of my funk.
Rachel
I loved this book. Fun, well written above the rim chick lit with stellar dialog. The premise could've been problematic -- an arranged marriage -- but McKenzie brings it all together.

Good read. Fun, entertaining with a heart connect.

Dionna Johnson
This book started out wonderful!!! Couldn't put it down...somewhere in the middle it started to slow down and was kinda boring. But the end was absolutely horrible and I dislike how the book ended!!!
Catherine McKenzie
Dec 15, 2014 Catherine McKenzie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
UK version of Arranged ... coming February 1, 2015!
BookLover
I love Catherine McKenzie’s writing. This book was one of my favourite reads of 2013.

I was initially drawn to this book based on the book being about an arranged marriage. I found the idea of arranged marriage in today’s age a fascinating topic and I was interested to see how it would be handled in this book.

Anne Blythe, the main character was super likeable. I became attached to her from the beginning of the book. Her mother’s obsession to Anne of Green Gables and how it played out in both her
Stacie Vaughan
I became a fan of Catherine McKenzie after reading her debut novel, Spin and was excited to dive into her newest book, Arranged. The book follows the main character, Anne Blythe, as she leaves another failed relationship and feels down in the dumps because she is alone. All her friends are either married or are getting married and she is concerned that she won’t ever met the right guy. As she is walking on the street feeling self-pity, she finds a business card for something called Blythe & ...more
Candie
Wow. I don’t even know where to begin. This is the first book I read by Catherine McKenzie and I already know that it will not be my last.

The entire time I was reading “Arranged,” a few of my friends kept asking me how it was and I felt like I always had the same response, “interesting.” I didn’t know how to properly put into words how I felt about this book, but now that I’ve completed it, I feel like I have to at the very least try… especially since I rated it as “amazing.”

The simple (or not
Anjana
I should probably begin with telling you that I adore Catherine's writing. I read her book Spin last year and if you've read my review, you'd know how much I loved it. Chick lits are usually predictable, they have a standard plot that involves something funny, some romance and a lovable heroine but just as with Catherine's previous novel Spin, Arranged is anything but predictable. It has all the best elements of chick lit combined with a wonderful, relatable and unique love story.

Anne Blythe is
Liza Wiemer
An unconventional love story - and I LOVED it!

ARRANGED had been on my to read list for over two years. And I am soooooooo glad I finally read it.
My heart still aches from it. Maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me, but I really fell in love with Jack and Anne, who met through an arranged marriage service. Things between them seem really great - and the truth is that they ARE great together. But he screws up . . . and what he loses is the best thing in his life.
Looking back, I don't think he was
Karen
It's been months since I've read a full book or wrote a review for that matter. While I still have to finish Not Without Hope.. I decided to bring Arranged with me while on vacation. Great, easy, beach read. Read it in 5 days and actually had to slow myself down so I had something to read while on the flight home. I think this is the book that is going to get me back into reading again.
Beth
I started reading this book yesterday and read about 20% of it before I had to stop to shower and do some errands with my husband. I woke up early this morning and started reading again, thinking that I would eventually get up and take a shower and go about my day. Instead, I spent most of a beautiful Sunday reading because I just couldn't put this book down until I had finished it.

It is not often that I come across a book that I just can't put down, even if I know that I have things to do and r
Colleen
I was really interested in this book after reading the synopsis, it is a little different than the average Contemporary Romance book. Arranged is about a woman named Anne who has just left her current boyfriend, and has found out he has been cheating on her for quite sometime. On her own now she reflects on her past relationships and realizes that she always ends up with the same type of creep that never works out for her, very handsome with dark hair and a great body. Feeling saddened by this r ...more
Kelly Hager
After her latest relationship ends, Anne Blythe* is unsure of what to do. She wants to get married and have kids, but she keeps picking the wrong guys. She finds a business card for what she thinks is a dating service. When she finally decides to give it a try, she learns it's a company that actually creates arranged marriages.

Even so, she eventually decides to go for it and when she meets Jack, there is an instant connection. But can there be a happy ending when you marry a stranger?

I don't kno
April
Meaghan
This is such an interesting concept for a book. It is about a woman who breaks up with her boyfriend and has a bit of a crisis of identity. It is during this time that she attempts an arranged marriage service. I do not want to give too much of the book away but it was fantastic. I've said it before, and fairly recently too, I love Mckenzie's books. She takes these type of "what if" ideas and brings them to life. We have all say around and played the "what if" game and I love that McKenzie takes ...more
Natalie

On the train ride home from the Blog Ontario meet up, Kaley from Books Ect. recommended that I check out Catherine McKenzie’s latest novel, Arranged. As Kaley, a chick lit expert, started describing the book to me, my ears immediately perked up. She told me all about how the story is focused on Anne Blythe, a young writer who can’t seem to find Mr. Right. After yet another failed relationship, Anne discovers a business card on the street that she assumes is for a dating service. Having given up
  • In the Bag
  • The Wedding Beat
  • What You Wish For: A Novel
  • Honey on Your Mind
  • Ten Girls to Watch
  • Blank Slate Kate (Toronto, #7)
  • 150 Pounds: A Novel of Waists and Measures
  • Skipping a Beat
  • Hard as Teak (Hard as Teak #1)
  • The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service
  • Off the Menu
  • Pinch Me
  • And Laughter Fell from the Sky: A Novel
  • Why Can't I Be You
Catherine McKenzie was born and raised in Montreal, Canada. A graduate of McGill University and McGill Law School, Catherine practices law in Montreal. An avid runner and skier, she's the author of the international bestsellers SPIN, ARRANGED, FORGOTTEN, HIDDEN and the novella, SPUN. HIDDEN was a #1 Amazon bestseller and a Digital Bookworld bestseller for five weeks. Catherine's newest novel, SMOK ...more
More about Catherine McKenzie...
Hidden Forgotten Spin Spun Catherine McKenzie 3-Book Bundle: Spin, Arranged, and Forgotten

“Everyone’s path to here is unique, Anne. It’s what you do from here that counts.” 7 likes
“If someone figured out a way to bottle woman-been-wronged, they’d make a fortune.” 7 likes