Start by marking “Heat and Light: Advice for the Next Generation of Journalists” as Want to Read:
Heat and Light: Advice for the Next Generation of Journalists

Heat and Light: Advice for the Next Generation of Journalists

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In Heat & Light, a legendary journalist and a journalism professor join forces to offer a one-of-a-kind guide for our next generation of great journalists. Drawing on the authors' decades of experience at the top of the field and inspired directly by beginners’ most frequently asked questions, Heat & Light offers invaluable advice on such topics as:

· balancing d
Published July 13th 2010 by Broadway Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Heat and Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heat and Light

Kalie Lyn
I was skeptical when I first picked up Heat and Light. It was not a book I was obligated to read for class, nor was it a book I was told to read for a job; it was a book I wanted to read for my future journalist self. While I wanted to read it to learn about the ins-and-outs of journalism, I was still scared that maybe this book would be too technical, too full of lists, and ultimately boring. However, after reading the first page, I realized how wrong I was.

This is not one of those bullet-point
Blog on Books
It comes as no secret to web readers that the news media is going through the greatest revolution since the days of William Randolph Hearst. Newspapers, like Hearst’s, are trimming back or going under entirely, while cable news and the internet have dismantled the 24 hour news cycle and put a strain on much of its credibility. Who better than seven decade reporter, Mike Wallace, to give us insight into where news journalism has been and where it is going?

“Heat & Light: Advice for the Next Ge
Brandon Iben
Some really good insight for anyone working in Broadcast/Print/Radio news. Towards the end, a lot of the material seemed to be common sense, but added historical facts with certain cases and situations.
Ethar
It was interesting
I liked the late chapters more than the opening chapters
It could be easier in it's language
I need it as a journalisim student though iam gonna readi again =D
Kalie
Good information with a little bit of humor. Really great interviewing advice (for both broadcast and print) journalists.
John
Wallace was a brilliant journalists I revered when I was younger. One of us has gotten older and more simplistic.
Joan
Joan added it
Dec 14, 2014
Piret Kooli
Piret Kooli marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Simona323201
Simona323201 marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Mark Davenport
Mark Davenport marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Maggie
Maggie added it
May 27, 2013
Man Solo
Man Solo marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Kevin Flavin
Kevin Flavin marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Dilys
Dilys marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Myron Leon "Mike" Wallace was an American journalist. Wallace was a correspondent for CBS's 60 Minutes since its debut in 1968. During his career at 60 Minutes, he interviewed a wide range of prominent newsmakers, including Deng Xiaoping, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, Ayatollah Khomeini, Kurt Waldheim, Yasser Arafat, Menachem Begin, Anwar Sadat, Manuel Noriega, Jeffrey Wigand, John F. Nash, Vladimir ...more
More about Mike Wallace...
Between You and Me: A Memoir with 82-Minute DVD The Way We Will Be 50 Years from Today: 60 of the World's Greatest Minds Share Their Visions of the Next Half Century Backpacking Light: A Beginner's Guide to Ultralight Backpacking (Includes Nearly 200 Minimalist Hiking Tips) Close Encounters: Mike Wallace's Own Story Frank Lloyd Wright: The Mike Wallace Interviews