Start by marking “You First (Perfect Timing, #1)” as Want to Read:
You First (Perfect Timing, #1)

You First (Perfect Timing #1)

Book one in the Perfect Timing Series

All Luke had to do was come after Justin. How difficult could that possibly be?

There was only one thing that stopped sex with Justin being completely perfect for Luke. The timing. That wasn't so perfect. In fact, the timing really sucked – and not in the fun, fellatio related way.

Justin was five years younger than Luke and relatively in
Published (first published April 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about You First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You First

Nancy
Posted at Hearts on Fire Reviews

Luke is 23 years old, sexually experienced, very ambitious, and driven to succeed in his career as a barrister. Though his sex life is nearly perfect, he doesn’t understand why he can’t last as long as his younger, inexperienced partner.

Each chapter of this story begins with a day – Saturday or Wednesday, the two days a week that Luke and Justin meet at the club and then return to Luke’s place for sex. Luke is much more comfortable just having sex, but 18-year-ol
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Nov 08, 2013 Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kim Dare fans, fans of the squee reads
Right here, in this moment all he needed to do was obey.

Dear Kim,
description
❤,
Cupcake

Her stories make me feel like all sparkly inside like I rolled in the best kind of glitter.
description

And I find that glitter in the oddest places for days, sometimes months later. It makes me sigh and squee all over again.

You First did it for me. You know I have a weakness for the bondage. Luke does as well. Luke also has a weakness for Justin's form of dominance. The Voice is usually all it takes to gain Luke's submission.

Usuall
JenMcJ
I have not read a Kim Dare story yet that I did not like. This one was no exception. The insecurities are real and the characters are human with flaws that don't outway the story but enhance it.

My only complaint(and I think I have said this before) is that they are too short. Just when I really get to know the characters the story is over and I am left wanting more.

This is more a 4.5 star review only because the characters were so young to be that good at the D/s game.

More, Kim, more!
Elisa Rolle
This is one of the most nice novella I read lately. And it's strange since usually I don't like BDSM story, but this one is a very slight shade of D / s play, so light that it's more a real "play" between the two men than a real lifestyle.

Luke is 23 years old and he is in love for the first time, even if he still doesn't know it; he is having a perfect relationship with Justin, an 18 years old boy he met in his usual hook up night club. They meet two days per week, on Wednesday and Saturday, and
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
While I really liked this one, there was just a little too much sex for my liking. But, I found it amusing how Luke was slightly obsessed with trying to come after Justin (all because Justin is 5 years younger). I preferred the second half of the book to the first half mainly because the first half is mostly sex.

When the story begins, what Justin and Luke have is just a hook-up but then Justin asks Luke on a date and their relationship begins to change. In the second half we actually get more o
Dre
*Re-read 7/9/14 for Re-Romancing the Faves Challenge- Still 5 stars. I love Kim Dare. The chemistry between her MCs is always off the charts, and her sex scenes are always HOT. I love how caring and sweet Justin is with Luke, esp after their fight and Luke watches Justin chatting with and dancing with another guy in the club. It was cute that Justin admitted he'd be jealous watching Luke with another guy and when Luke said the other guy was gorgeous, Justin said he wouldn't know because he was w ...more
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Fiuuhh.. kelar juga... Butuh SEHARIAN baca ini.. hmpffth..

Awal baca bareng sama Oma Lely.. malah gw kelar belakangan...

Ceritanya bagus.. tp lebih bagus lagi klo bukan Homo,an.. wkwkwkkw...

dari 2 buku yg gw baca tentang para Gay ini.. ini lah buku pertama yg menunjuk.an bener2 ada sisi 'Feminim' di dalam tubuh pria.. dalam artian.. Hubungan mereka memang ada yg jadi Wanita - dan ada yg jadi pria.. ahaayy.. xD

Luke.. umurnya 23tahun.. hampir 5 tahun selisih umurnya sama Justin.. His Lover.. tapi
Lelyana
Mar 28, 2012 Lelyana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
Aku kasih 4 bintang deh (sementara, gak bisa akses bintang dari my PC)

Bagus nih, kisah nya tentang Luke dan Justin, menjalin hubungan awalnya hanya sex, tapi beberapa bulan kemudian,after sex, Justin ngajak kencan, dan Luke yang biasa nya manwhore cuma bisa terheran2...dan menyanggupi, kenvan mereka.
Justin dominan antara kedua nya, masalah nya adalah,Luke selalu "keluar" duluan sebelum Justin,dan harga dirinya sebagai player merasa terhina. Makanya pada suatu saat, dia nahan gak keluar duluan d
Funzee Shu

“If you don’t like the way I run my scenes, you’d best find a lover who is willing to satisfy your every whim, because I won’t.” Justin looked down at him. “Do you like my way, Luke? Do you like knowing I’m in control? Do you like doing whatever I say?”

Justin and Luke always do "regular hookups" every Wednesday and Saturday night. Each time they met at the same club and then ended in Luke bed for hot sex.
Yep, at first it only "just sex", but the fact is....both Justin and Luke can not denied
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I enjoyed this story about a submissive guy (Luke) who is convinced his relationship with his dom (Justin) cannot move beyond "just sex" and be perfect unless he is able to come after his younger dom. The story has a lot of sex since he is constantly trying to gain control. When he is victorious, it is bittersweet in that it doesn't give him the results he was hoping for. This story centers around one guy's views of what being submissive means, and the other guy showing him what it actually mean ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Dec 24, 2012 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Cassandra
I really enjoyed this story, even though it was short. We follow Luke as he struggles to fully accept his submission to his Dom who is five years younger. I liked the subtleties of their relationship, the angst when Luke's idiocy breaks them up, and the super make-up scenes, both the sexy and the relationship building.

Lots to read in such a short story.
Holly
May 15, 2010 Holly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t love it, maybe it was jut to short and happened to fast so their was no back ground detail really. It was really just about how Luke always came before Justin, and how that frustrated him because he was older than Justin. It was okay and I’ll probably read the next one just because I read the first one, hopefully I will find it more interesting.
Julia
May 04, 2010 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, bdsm-kink
Ha! This was kind of great. Funny and sweet and hot all at the same time. The BDSM is light but incredibly sexy and the story is engaging (if a fairly simple one) with lovable characters. Bonus points for the hot cover art.
Lucy
Aug 23, 2010 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very young Dom, and his sub with a timing idea that he can't get rid of. Sometimes those ideas are ridiculous but all consuming and you forget how others may perceive your actions.
blade
Dec 31, 2010 blade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great little story from Kim Dare. Lots of humour in this one! Highly recommended!
Katy Beth Mckee
Dec 03, 2016 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-books, bdsm, m-m
Luke is trying so hard to prove something and he almost ruins his whole relationship with Justin.

He needs to learn that communication is the key. Also, to get what you want or need sometimes you just have to let go.
Theresa
Feb 19, 2017 Theresa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too YA for me - Justin was an 18 year old reactive teenager and a really bad Dom. He wanted more from Luke, who was a no relationship kind of guy. Justin pushed Luke for more and didn't have the maturity to manage the D/s relationship when Luke played passive aggressive.
Avalon
Ugh why is this book so short?? Kim Dare is wonderful as always, which is the main reason I gave this novella three stars.

Justin is an 18 year old who is dominant in bed, and as I was reading I kept thinking about how maybe he should have been written as older. He had enough control over himself and his submissive that really spoke of someone with a ton of experience.. which is weird because when I was in high school I don't remember boys being that way. So it is a little weird that he seems so
Adara
Nov 02, 2013 Adara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute short story about a guy who has a complex about making his Dominant come before he does. Luke doesn't like how little control he has over his body when he's with Justin, so before things can be "perfect" between them, he needs to outlast Justin at least once. The problem is that he gives Justin the wrong idea when it actually happens.

The only odd feeling I had about this story was in how young the two protagonists are. Justin feels too wise as a Dominant at only 18 years old. Hon
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
I give this 4.5

I really enjoyed this story. You have Luke a 23 year old submissive manwhore who's been around the block and knows how to have great sex. Then you have Justin an 18 year old alpha who wants more with Luke. They have great sex and great chemistry.

The problem...Luke always comes first. This irritates Luke to no end. He doesn't understand how Justin, and 18 year old can hold out all the time. He tries to hold out on coming but Justin knows exactly what to do to make him come. Then on
Sharman
Feb 09, 2016 Sharman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lily
Twenty-three year old Luke's in love with his eighteen year old boyfriend, Justin. They're happy and everything's going good except for one thing, Luke can't seem to last when they're having sex. Determined to make Justin come first Luke loses sight of what's really important. In the end, it takes almost losing Justin to open Luke's eyes to what's really important.

Although it felt too short I enjoyed this sweet yet sexy story. Both protagonists are engaging, the sex is hot and I liked the touche
Kym
Jun 16, 2014 Kym rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really don't even want to write a review!

The only thing i can say is communication and honesty is the key. The entire situation could have been solved in a few seconds if they would have just talked about it!!!

After all the complaining and sulking because he couldn't manage to hold his orgasms Luke finally succeeds and it screws everything up. Number one rule for a submissive is to obey your master! When Justin says come, Luke should have jumped off the cliff right then. And even when Luke act
Shirley Frances
Dec 16, 2011 Shirley Frances rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read, 2012
This book was a disappointing one for me. I was so looking forward to reading it, since I've enjoyed all of Kim Dare's books. I'm not saying it's a bad book, it just didn't make me feel anything. I still don't understand what Luke's big problem was about! Was saved it and kept me reading was Justin. He was real from the beginning and more so at the end. Luke, well I just thought he was an immature, selfish lover. I'll keep on reading more of this author's book, since she has proven to be a great ...more
Tj
Jun 29, 2011 Tj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
Kim Dare books are always good just short. This didn't have the depth to make it one of her better ones but I did enjoy it. The whole book is written with Luke as the main character so we really don't see much of what makes Justin tick. Luke seems a strange sub to me but I get he isn't as deep into the life style as some. The thing that surprised me were the ages of the characters. Luke is 23 and Justin 18. Justin seems well versed as a dom for an 18 year old. I had fun reading this and watching ...more
L-D
This is my first Kim Dare novel and it was very short, but not bad. Luke is a barrister (lawyer) and has a regular hook-up that he met at his club named Justin. Luke is 23 and Justin is 18, but Justin wants to take their relationship a step further into the dating realm but Luke doesn't feel like he is ready until he can, well, last longer than Justin in bed. Yes - this the premise of the story. The book is not deep or extremely developed, but I did like Justin and Luke was okay even if he was k ...more
Tamela
I liked the characters, but I found it a little unbelievable that an eighteen year old dominant was so sure of himself. I've always heard that the dominant needed some training and to also learn what it meant to be submissive. Eighteen year olds do not seem like they've had the time / life experience to handle being the decision maker.
======================
1st read - May 8, 2011
2nd read - May 16, 2016
Bookbee
A light-hearted view of BDSM-lite. Not to say the book is silly or frivolous - it's not; it's just not overly angsty. I really liked both characters; I really liked how they progressed from a casual, twice-weekly hook-up to the possibility of more. Although it's a short story, it is well plotted and flows smoothly to it's final post-coital cuddle.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
This was cute, but I couldn't get beyond their ages. The fact that they were supposed to be 23 (the sub) and 18 (the dom) caused me to have difficulty. Just my own personal preferences coming to play.
Summer

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
  • Bound to Him
  • Soft Focus
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Bound and Determined
  • Bent (Hammer, #1)
  • Word on a Wing
  • Gathering Storm
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • New Leather
  • Obedience Training (Ian McAllistor #1)
  • Uneven
  • Submission (Deviations, #1)
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)
  • Out of the Fire
  • Simon and Sir
  • A Strong Hand
  • More Than Just a Good Book, A Short Story
Kim is a thirty-three year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably alw
More about Kim Dare...

Perfect Timing (9 books)
  • Silent Night (Perfect Timing, #2)
  • Time to Do (Perfect Timing #3)
  • Three Minute Man (Perfect Timing, #4)
  • Bi Now, Gay Later (Perfect Timing, #5)
  • The Stroke of Twelve (Perfect Timing, #6)
  • Before He Cheats (Perfect Timing, #7)
  • While Under the Influence (Perfect Timing, #8)
  • Time to Remember