Start by marking “Quantum (Portal Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Quantum (Portal Chronicles, #3)

Quantum (Portal Chronicles #3)

A whole year has passed. It’s October again… or is it?

As California teen, Arizona Darley, contemplates traveling back through the portal to seek out her dad, her life is plunged into a whirlwind ride through the unknown.

But this time, she doesn't disappear through the portal.

Has Arizona been kidnapped–again? Is Raj Sen to blame? Could Dillard have taken her?

As Kellan, Dav
Paperback
Published November 16th 2010 by Imogen Rose (first published October 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Quantum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quantum

Bob Rodenbaugh
Feb 04, 2013 Bob Rodenbaugh rated it it was ok
I feel so disappointed, but to each their own. I wanted to like book two and three, but have found each less pleasing than the last. I had very high hopes for two and wanted three to pull me back in when Equilibrium disappointed me, but alas no such luck. I will not pick up book 4, but will continue to recommend Portal and perhaps others will find what I unfortunately seem to have missed in book 2 & 3.
Mani
Dec 23, 2011 Mani rated it liked it
So, I like this series and all, it has a pretty good line..BUT, I have to say that I hate ALL the Olivia parts.. Geez seriously, the woman's a pain! She can't do ANYTHING on her own! she doesn't take a stand, all she does is hug that goddamn husband and say that she "doesn't get it" or "what about the kids" or "oh Rupert" geez woman... take a stand and be a woman will ya? If this is who she is, just someone with no opinion or information to provide in the story, then why talk about her so ...more
Stormy
Jun 02, 2011 Stormy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra
Oct 25, 2016 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Muy entretenida hasta ahora!!!
Candy
Nov 02, 2010 Candy rated it it was amazing
The end of the second book in this series, EQUILIBRIUM (Portal Chronicles Book Two), leaves us with quite a cliff hanger. I've been not-so-patiently waiting on the third book to come out. I have major instant gratification problems, so either the author took pity on me or I moaned and groaned enough in public forums that she sent me an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of Quantum just to shut me up. Either way, I was excited to find out what happened next. I'm a 30(mumble) year old woman, but I ...more
Taylor Smith
Mar 17, 2013 Taylor Smith rated it did not like it
This series has been taunting me for a while, ever since I bought it over a year ago. It sounded so interesting, but unfortunately, it didn't live up to it's hype at all. I did finish the entire series, which ended up being a huge waste of my time. I kept thinking it was going to get better, but sadly, it never did.

The writing was unnatural and didn't flow well, especially in the dialogue, and I felt that there were a lot of missed opportunities in the storyline. I'm no writer, but if I were, t
Al
Nov 12, 2010 Al rated it it was amazing
I’d read and enjoyed the first two volumes of Imogen Rose’s “Portal Chronicles” and was thrilled when she accepted my offer to be a beta reader for Quantum, the third book in the series. This is easily the best book of the series so far. While I think it would be possible for someone just starting to begin with "Equilibrium(Portal Chronicles Book Two)" if they hadn’t already read "Portal (Portal Chronicles Book One)" I would not advise starting with Quantum. This is because with each new volume ...more
Sylvianne
Aug 14, 2015 Sylvianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arizona est de retour dans le monde des Darley, après une très courte accalmie, on apprend la disparition de Simla et de Justin. Et voilà qu'Arizona, alors qu'elle est avec sa famille à la maison, là où elle se croit en sécurité, elle disparaît devant les yeux ahuris de Kellan.

Quand son voyage se termine, Arizona se rend compte qu'elle est en France ??? Que fait-elle sur un autre continent et surtout, comment a-t-elle atterri là et pourquoi ? Quand elle rencontre Luna, Arizona n'y comprends tou
Amber
Mar 01, 2011 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Probably the best one in the series. The dialogue was somewhat better and character reactions weren't quite as off. Or maybe it was easier to ignore....See my reviews of the first 2 books for more details.

I really only have 2 complaints: first, there were too many characters in too many dimensions to keep track of. I found myself having to stop and figure out who certain people were. Not good. The other thing is that situations and characters were mentioned in the very beginning and you were lef
Linda
Oct 17, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by this book! There are many more characters and plot twists. Rupert is taking on a larger role in the story, Olivia is driving me nuts and these teenagers are smart. There is a significant plot twist that I saw coming but how it was revealed blew me away! I am enjoying this mystery time-travel adventure immensely.

I am glad I waited to start this series until 4 books were already out, and now another one will be out this summer, hopefully. Arizona's story has grown to epic propo
Toniann
Nov 17, 2010 Toniann rated it it was amazing
I am really glad there will be a fourth book! So much happend and yet it feels like there is so much more to come. The damn dog had me crying my eyes out... I LOVED this book! Felt like there could have been more of a wrap up here and there- but I figure it will all play out soon enough in book 4! Sorry that this review doesn't offer much other than saying how great the story is, but I'm still going over it in my head:)
Kitty
Mar 05, 2011 Kitty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
The only thing wrong with this book is that I finished it, and the next one in the series isn't out yet! I'm officially putting Imogen Rose on my "must buy everything she writes" list. I love this series! The story is just so imaginative, and detailed, and unique. I really can't share anything specific without giving spoilers, but if you liked the first and second book, you'll almost certainly like this one, too. But they must be read in order... these are not stand-alone books.
greg brammer
Sep 01, 2015 greg brammer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am I Arizona Stevens or Arizona Darley?

Arizona having been kidnapped by Raj Sen and taken to California escapes in her Darley life. Arizona Stevens is taken by the Sigma W Pi, to force her Granddad to vacate his position has head of the Sigma W's so that Potomal can lead. The Wanderers rescue her and she is taken home to be with her family, while both kidnappers disappear.

Ami Blackwelder
Apr 14, 2012 Ami Blackwelder rated it it was amazing
I actually liked this book the best thus far of the three...after rereading it from the first time, I enjoyed it more. I am looking forward to reading Momentum.

I liked how we got to see both Arizona's and how each now has a boyfriend, very sweet. I like Kellan and David and so both hooked up with Arizona's works out nice.

I am intrigued to see where the fourth book will take me...

amiblackwelder.blogspot.com,
Yekaterina
Jul 22, 2014 Yekaterina rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Arizona Darley just can't get a break. Nor can Arizona Stevens. The sigma- w-pi? Plus, she's now royal? This book is a must read. The pages just keep turning.
Though, I had to give it another 4 stars because some minor things annoyed me. There are some things that are over exaggerated then others are way under exaggerated. There are starting to be to many things to keep track of and they seem to just be thrown in instead of steadily introduced. Few editing errors. Otherwise, good read!
Jenni
Mar 04, 2012 Jenni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, ebooks
I personally didn't like Quantum as much as the previous two books in the Portal series. It was good but didn't feel quite as exciting to me as they did. I do like the new twists that the author added though. I still absolutely love the relationship between Arizona and Kellan. I also really like when authors add something in that is unexpected like the little secret about Gertrude.
Linda
Dec 07, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Linda by: Imogen Rose
This is a continuation of the Portal series. The saga continues and just gets better & better. We learn more about the Wanderers, and things get even more complicated. All kinds of surprises in this one, but in the end, we still have the original villain, Raj Sen, stirring the pot. This is classified as YA, but it's really good reading.
Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson
Apr 11, 2015 Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, amazon
Started and finished the third book today, and it is good as the others are.. the problem is that when I went to begin the fourth book, I see it's not out yet!

That is so unfair! Don't end your books with the reader wanting more, and then not have more waiting for them! :D

Oh well, it'll be out sometime this year. Not soon enough, though.
Cris Meier
Mar 03, 2012 Cris Meier rated it liked it
I really liked the first two books in this series, and this one was good as well but I don't think I will read the last book in the Portal Chronicles. All of the books have the same general content and is a little predictable. I would still recommend people to read the books, but you may find you tire reading the same general story line each book.
Sara
May 03, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
Yet another great book to this series. I'm left a little confused at the end, but I'm sure the last book will bring everything to a fabulous close!
Jun 12, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was ok
I accidently read this one before the second one, thinking it was the second one I was reading, Lol, that would be why this was so confusing to me I suppose.
Alma
Alma rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Rebecca Faunce
Rebecca Faunce rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Thea Skov
Thea Skov rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Jordancahoon
Jordancahoon rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2011
Ryan.chapman
Ryan.chapman rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2012
  • Blood of Adoria (Guardians of Legend #2)
  • Treasure Lost
  • The Bone Sword
  • The Animal
  • The Age of Comfort: When Paris Discovered Casual—and the Modern Home Began
  • Mate Night: Kane (Southern Shifters, #2)
  • Talus
  • Rescue Bunnies
  • Midnight Reflections (Preternatural Investigation Agency, #1)
  • The Trap (The Magnificent 12, #2)
  • The Last Great Wizard of Yden (Yden #1)
  • Book of Revenge (Knight Angels, #2)
  • Grimpow y la Bruja de la Estirpe
  • The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman, #2)
  • One Season of Sunshine (Cedar Springs, #2)
  • Solitary (Solitary Tales, #1)
  • Soul Stalker (Timeless, #2)
  • Glimmer (Zellie Wells, #2)
Imogen Rose is the author of the bestselling series, Portal Chronicles, which has attained cult status within indie literature and become a favorite among teens and adults alike. An immunologist by profession, Dr. Rose published her first work of fiction in 2010. She now writes full time and is currently working on her second teen series, the Bonfire Chronicles. Imogen was born in Sweden and has ...more
More about Imogen Rose...

Portal Chronicles (5 books)
  • Portal (Portal Chronicles, #1)
  • Equilibrium (Portal Chronicles, #2)
  • Momentum (Portal Chronicles, #4)
  • Fusion (Portal Chronicles, #5)