Circle Series 4-in-1 (The Circle Series)

Circle Series 4-in-1 (The Circle 0-3)

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  734 ratings  ·  49 reviews

Four novels. Two worlds. One Story.

Enter an adrenaline-laced epic where dreams and reality collide.

Black - An incredible story of evil and rescue, betrayal and love, and a terrorist threat unlike anything the human race has ever known. A virulent evil has been unleashed upon the people of Earth. The only man who can stop it is Thomas Hunter, an unlikely hero whose life is

Published February 1st 2011 by Thomas Nelson (first published September 1st 2009)

Dustin
Rare is the story that takes readers out of this world and into another.

Rarer still the story that captures heart, soul, and mind...leaving the reader forever transformed.

This is that story.

Dive deep and enter the Circle.

The Circle is an epic story of evil and rescue, betrayal and love, and terrorist threat unlike anything the human race has ever known.

It beings when a man named Thomas hunter finds himself being chased down an alley after working the late shift at a coffee house. When a bullet...more
JoAnn Jordan
Finished reading the first of the novels in this volume: Black. The story alternates between two realities with a great deal of action in each. Ted Dekker is a very skilled writer who captures and holds interest throughout. I am so glad I have all four books to read at once because waiting for them would be torture.

Finished reading the second of the novels in this volume: Red. The heroes in the story fight staggering odds to save both realities. Nothing is certain and there are many trials. I am...more
Yen-Yen
I really wanted to like this series, and for the most part I did. I got through one book but partway through the second in the series I had to quit. I haven't any other series by Ted Dekker and checkout all four books in this series at once anticipating my enjoyment. This series relies heavily on previous books and on the reader's knowledge of those previous books, events and people. For someone new coming in to this series, I constantly felt lost, left out or this overwhelming feeling of missin...more
Rani Simpson
This series changed my life!! Ted Dekker is a poet, he writes with such conviction that you can't help but take every word to heart! This is and will forever be my favorite series! The characters are phenomenal! I love that story takes the creation of mankind and intermingles it with the end of times! The way he weaves the two realities together is flawless!! I also love that this series plays a part in so many of his other books! Like The Lost Books, The Paradise novels, House, Immanuels Veins,...more
Kris Hunter
This book was major fantasy which I don't read. It reminded me of the Matrix movie. I loved how the author had a great grasp on the love of God. The "Great Romance" is what I have been studying and this was a confirmation for me. It was a nice distraction. Some may not like how the evil is portrayed but to me this is how the supernatural realm and the enemy really work.
Mark Dakin
When an author strives to awaken our minds to ideas and passions that we already know, we find that many fall short. Not that they don't write good literature, but that one needs to walk away and say that their actually life's have been changed because of it. I have read these books a few times and find that with each reading, I am challenged to go back to my own beliefs and see if there is passion.

What I see as sometimes bleak and sad, is that I have allowed something so personally passionate...more
Sally
I give the first three books of the circle series, "Black", "Red", and "White" 5 stars. I have not read 3 novels quite as hungrily...."Green" was so much more gory, and even though these 4 books are truly a circle series, I would highly recommend beginning with "Black." I was SO GLAD that I ended with "Green" even though the Kindle version started with it.
Overall, well written young-adult, Christian fiction. It is somewhere along the lines of Narnia meets the Lord of the Rings....a fantasy thril...more
Jeff Hendricks
Very good realization and imagery, bringing spiritual struggles into stark physical reality. Extremely creative and colorful writing. The books were written in a cyclical path, this particular collection starts with Black, but contains an alternate ending to Green if you wanted to start there. Overall, the series started off slowly, but the intensity ramps up continually until the ending/beginning. Overall, a great read, and a great twist on a timeless tale of redemption.
Brendan Drayazmore
I have actually only read Black and I thought it was a very entertaining story. Any story about a man who can go to sleep in one world and wake up in another is always gonna be an interesting story, but dieing in both world's and not knowing which world is real makes it very interesting! Black is definitely a book that keeps you on the edge of you seat.
Chris Clements
This series of books is a fight between good and evil. While C.S. Lewis had his Chronicles of Narnia, Dekker has the Circle series. There are similarities of man's fight between his thirst for God and the lures of evil. Truly a great read from beginning to end.
Rachel
This series is Awesome... I highly recommend starting either with green, its tells more of the beginning I think. Or black works just as well, in all these books go into a circle, so wherever you start it will end in a circle. Pretty cool huh? I thought so...
Evelyn
All four books were excellent! This is a series that is fast paced, takes you to another world, and leaves you with a lot to think about. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit and will definitely be reading it again.
Christina
Love this series. One of my favorites by Ted Dekker. I would definitely recommend, especially to someone who hasn't read anything by him yet. This is a good place to start.
Dive Deep.
Samantha
I liked the Circle series a lot, they did have some very slow parts however. But neverless they were hard to put down and very addicting to read.
Rachel Malcolm
These are my favorite books of all so far. I was romanced, mesmerized, and smitten. My heart forever belongs to this series.
Desiree
I couln't read each page fast enouph! Wow what an author! I would love to see a movies made from this series.
Joan Bergin nuzbach
Very unusual but a compelling read. Makes you think! I read right through all four books.
Jess Erhart
goodness these were the best books i ever read, no exaggertaion!
William Boothe
I thought this was a great series. Although they were recommended to me several times, I never read them individually as Elyon intended. I only read them in this set and thoroughly enjoyed them. They were not at all what I expected and were a pleasant break from the cookie-cuttered fiction that riddles our electronic shelves these days.

The story is fast paced for the most part and I got through the whole series in about two weeks. I am assuming (but too lazy to look) that this set is the one wi...more
Donald
Oct 21, 2013 Donald rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Epic. Four novels, two worlds, one story.

At nearly 1600 pages, this single book comprises four novels in an omnibus edition along with the original ending to Green, which is the last book. There is also a short interview with the author.

In our world, his name is Thomas Hunter; in the other realm he is known as Thomas of Hunter. When he dreams in either reality, he enters the other and time never travels at the same speed between.

In one world, he saves humanity from the Raison Strain, an air-born...more
C.A. Gray
I loved the first book, "Black" - that was an easy five stars.

The second, "Red," was probably 4 stars... I started getting annoyed that the main characters kept dying and coming back to life via various different devices.

By the third book, "White," I stopped reading entirely because there were too many "deus ex machina" (the gods came down to save them) kinds of scenarios... they get themselves into a mess and there's no way out, and then suddenly some completely unforeseen and unexplained eve...more
Ashley
I read this in the order of the compilation... starting with Green. I would suggest to future readers to read Green last... start with Black. You can read them both ways, but as I was reading I found myself thinking, "I wish I hadn't read Green first." Now that I have completed the series I think I will reread Green to bring it "full circle." (I swear... no pun intended!)
Brendan Fugere
Dekker is truly a master at new and creative concepts in story and writing. In this series, he presents you with a wonderfully confusing and ever changing story masterfully unpredictable and yet it makes perfect sense after the fact. I highly recommend it.
Acacia
I have this edition and I love it. Waiting between books dulls your memory. Ted Dekker is brilliant. I would recommend not reading Green, its an unnecessary extension that throws off the finality of White.
Debs Taylor
This was my March break reading and I read the first three in that week. They were that good. I was a little saturated by the beginning of Green, but after a short hiatus steamed through that one too. Dekker always weaves the physical and spiritual dimensions together, and I loved how he transposed the familiar history of the Bible into a new setting. Challenging and stretching in the best ways. Just couldn't bring myself to give 5 stars - there's always more you can do, right?
Maureen
My favorite series ever. The first three are the best, Green wasn't as good in my opinion - but still tops any other series I've ever read.
Samuel Brown
Great! Long But Great!
I Loved every minute of the 16 - 20 hours it takes to read. Gripping!

The last book - Green - Is the convergence of many of Ted Dekker's other books including the Paradise Trilogy. I personally preferred the original ending than the ending offered in this book though.

5 Stars!
Preston Bell
Awesome quadrilogy based on fantasy connected to real life. Good biblical message. Fast and enjoyable read!
Jake
Fast paced, easily read quickly, left with a few apparent plot holes, was not expecting the religious link.
Alissa
This is the omnibus version of Ted Dekker's Circle Series. I really enjoyed this series; however, it was extremely long and sometimes it felt like it moved unbearably slow, which is why it took so long for me to finish the books. I loved the Christian imagery regardless of how glaringly obvious it was at times, and felt myself often thinking deeply about what it means to be a child of God. I especially love how God was depicted here. Overall, I recommend the series without reservation to anyone...more
  • This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness (Darkness Set, Books #1 and #2)
  • Fuse of Armageddon
  • Vicious Cycle (Intervention, #2)
  • Opening Moves (Patrick Bowers Files, #0.5)
  • Time Lottery
  • Riven
  • Blood of Heaven (Fire of Heaven, #1)
  • The Bone House (Bright Empires, #2)
  • The Kingdom (Chiveis Trilogy, #3)
  • Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War 3-Book Boxed Set: The Red Queen, The White Queen, and The Lady of the Rivers
  • To Kill With Reason
  • Illuminated (An August Adams Adventure, #1)
  • Perfectly Ridiculous (Universally Misunderstood, #3)
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...
Thr3e White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3) Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1) Red: The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2) Green: The Beginning and the End (The Circle, #0)