Start by marking “Conquer The Night (Graham, #2)” as Want to Read:
Conquer The Night (Graham, #2)

Conquer The Night (Graham Clan #2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  639 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
His family murdered and his heart hardened by hate, Sir Arryn Graham had come to seek revenge against Kinsey Darrow for his bloody deeds against the Highland rebels. And he d do it by claiming Darrow's bride, Kyra, for his own. But in the tangled gold of her hair and the emerald of her eyes, Arryn found a lady who was much more than a pawn.

Conquered by this bold knight, Ky
Published July 1st 2000 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Conquer The Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conquer The Night

KatieV
How to rate this one? It really deserves a 4 for the writing and extreme amount of historical research Graham did, but there were factors that definitely detracted from my enjoyment. This is probably more of a 3 for me.

Warning: There is a rape scene and forced seduction between the H/h.

As bodice rippers go, I thought the scenes between the H/h were fairly mild. He didn't smack her around. Odd that I can easily deal with a rape/forced seduction scenario in a romance, but be very upset if the H s
Noelle
I almost gave up on this one right from the start. I had to push myself to keep reading, it was like having a history lesson. uggg. I kept going and I'm glad I did, the story really picked up after about 1/3 of the way through and I ended up really enjoying it.

Arryn (H) was out for vengence, horrable things were done to his family and people. He had one purpose and that was to storm the castle of his offender and take his intended bride.

Kyra (h) had been praying to be rescued from her soon to be
Noelle
May 11, 2007 Noelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: ridiculous, romance
I recall throwing this book across the room. The "heroine" gets raped by the "hero" and, of course, falls in love with him. His excuse? She said she was a slut. And when he discovered that she was a virgin, his words? "Damn you." Yeah. Pretty disgusting.

I must admit though that this book really piqued my interest in romance writers. Why the hell would a woman ever write a story where rape was justified? I'm sorry, but I find no romance in rape, even where there's forgiveness. (Sorry Luke and La
maricar
Jan 07, 2008 maricar rated it did not like it
i'll admit that i made a mistake in buying this one. the cover was simply beautiful, you see (that was the reason i had to give it one star). this is one of the unfortunate attestations that you should never judge a book by its cover.

so, okay, he claims you for his own, you two have sex....then you fall in love? excuse me, but i dont see the "connection" on that. everything just virtually centered on the war, it was more like a war journal. and it went on and on for pages. it simply dragged. yo
Kathryn
Apr 30, 2013 Kathryn rated it really liked it
I liked this infinitely better than Come the Morning, which had its heroes pitted against each other throughout most of the book. The heroes here still struggle with one another, but generally like each other for a majority of the novel. It is frankly exhausting to read a novel wherein my main characters generally despise each other for a majority of the exposition.

There is "rape," in a sense. It is always problematic in romance novels, and I struggle with how forced sex turns into something pl
Priscilla
Apr 20, 2015 Priscilla rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. I didn't understand why Kyra wouldn't just come out and say her true feelings for her betrothed? The attempt to create this big misunderstanding/conflict between the two characters fell flat for me and just dragged on for too long.

Not something I will reread. I'll probably end up trading this in at my local used bookstore.
Judith
Sep 24, 2010 Judith rated it it was ok
I don't understand how a female author can suggest that a woman who's been raped will then fall in love with her rapist. It just doesn't happen. The whole idea is humiliating and degrading to women. It's shameful coming from a woman. I understand that this is fantasy, I love fantasies, I just want them to be at least slightly believable.

I gave it two stars because of the excellent historical writing. The book takes place in the late 13th century; a favorite of mine.
Jamie
Jun 08, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it
I haven't read Shannon Drake in a long time so I'm going back and rereading them. I enjoyed the story and the conflict, she is a talented author. I won't be rereading this book but I had a grand adventure reading it and she is a must read, must buy author for me.
HÜLYA
Nov 19, 2014 HÜLYA rated it really liked it
Güzel bir orta çağ romanı okudum. Baştan sona kadar heyecanı bir hikaye idi. Fakat romanda tecavüz sahnesinin olması beni rahatsız etti. Romanın başlarında oldukça sıkıldım.Tarihi detay çok fazla idi dönemin önemli tarihi notlarını tekrar öğrenmiş oldum.
Yazarın stili böyle o yüzden kitabın başlarında biraz sıkıldım.Fakat sonradan hikaye açıldı okurken çok büyük bir zevk ile okudum.
Kitabın çevirisi ilk kitaba göre daha iyi idi. Fakat biraya da Ale olarak çevrilmesini biraz tuhaf buldum. Ale'yi b
İnci Puyan
Dec 14, 2014 İnci Puyan rated it liked it

Graham Clan serisinin ikinci kitabı Geceyi Keşfet'te bitti. İskoçları ve tarihi aşk romanlarını sevdiğimi bilirsiniz. Dolayısıyla da bu kitabı beğendim. Tabi kusurları vardı ama konu güzeldi. Eeeee İskoç kitabı beğenmemek ne mümkün ;)

Öncelikle çeviri daha iyi olabilirdi bence, bunu söylüyorum çünkü okurken akıcılığı bozacak derecede kurulmuş cümleler vardı, devrik ve yüklemsiz yarım cümleler... Ahh tabi bir yerde "of course Ingrid" cümlesi çevrilmemişti bi
Kerry
Dec 27, 2014 Kerry rated it it was amazing
When your told you have to marry a man so dreadful you need and pay to find a way out. Unfortunately rescue comes in the design of someone more dangerous. Tempers flair when you have to fight all your life and don't take to orders well. Can the captive and conqueror get along long enough to escape, survive and make amends? This book is full of adventure, intrigue and action. Highly entertaining and couldn't put the book down.....Recommended read
Trudy Miner
Oct 05, 2013 Trudy Miner rated it really liked it
Following the murder of his wife and unborn child by Kinsey Darrow, Sir Arryn Graham has come to Seacairn to seek revenge and take Darrow's bride from him. Darrow is gone but Kyra is more than a match for Arryn. Set against the early rebellion by the Scots led by William Wallace, this story is stepped in history and detail. People changed sides with the tides and no one was to be trusted. Kyra certainly wasn't going to tell this conquering warrior that she was praying for deliverance from weddin ...more
Maura
Hafize
Feb 23, 2016 Hafize rated it really liked it
güzel bir konu, tarihi detaylarla yazılmış güzel bir kitap ama yayınevi kötü çeviri ile
(ki bu sorun ilk kitapta da vardı!) yazara ve seriye çok büyük haksızlık ediyor...
umarım serinin devamında bu sorunu hallederler...
belisa
May 13, 2015 belisa rated it liked it
yani sevgili yazar aşk romanı mı yoksa iskoçya tarihi mi yazacağı konusunda karar vermiş olsaydı iyi olurdu, ikisini birleştirince ben hem tarihten hem aşktan koptum, kötü çeviri de cabası... yine de güzel hikayeydi...
Elif Yılmaz
Dec 18, 2014 Elif Yılmaz rated it it was ok
kitaplara iki puan vermeyi sevmiyorum. ozellikle ilk kitabini sevdigim seri kitaplarina :( ancak bu kitap beni hayal kirikligina ugratti.
yazar yine tarihi bilgiyi cik abartmisti. William Wallace ile ilgili bilmeniz gereken her sey icin Cesur Yurek'i izleyin. Bu kitabi okuamkatan iyidir. Ask hikayesi ve o guzel kurgu arada kaynayip gitmisti. Yazim yanlisi coktu.Ceviri de kotuydu. Bazi yerlerde hala ingilizce sozcukler kalmisti. ilk kez basima geliyor bu. Of course ve oh no! yu gordumgumu cok iyi
Mati
Jan 01, 2015 Mati rated it liked it
Çok kötü değildi ama ilk kitabı kadar da değildi.

MaryJane Rings
Dec 10, 2015 MaryJane Rings rated it really liked it
Well researched novel of the conflict between England and Scotland in the 14th century. Very well depicted with interesting characters, accurate combat scenes and a love story between two very different people. Reads easily and keeps the reader interested to the very last page. I have read many of this author's books and she never disappoints. These older novels are very well researched from her own family tree.
Beth
Jan 13, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story...Loved the historical setting and the rich characters.
Brandy
Jun 15, 2010 Brandy added it
This is a very good indepth historical....
Veronica
Oct 20, 2011 Veronica rated it liked it
This is a good book. I love it.
Beverley
Oct 02, 2013 Beverley rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Well written
Lydia Hittman

I gave up on it 70 pages in.
Pamela
Feb 13, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5
Monica Wright
Monica Wright marked it as to-read
Cheryl Georgiou
Cheryl Georgiou marked it as to-read
Goddess of Chaos
Goddess of Chaos marked it as to-read
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Regina Wyer
Regina Wyer marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
marilyn weinheimer
marilyn weinheimer is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2016
  • The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2)
  • Never Call It Love
  • Gypsy Lady (Louisiana #1)
  • Always Mine (The Blackthorn Trilogy #1)
  • Maiden Bride (de Laci, #2)
  • Firestorm (The Bragg Saga, Book 2)
  • Stormfire
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Daughter of Hassan
  • The Devil's Arms
  • This Other Eden (Eden, #1)
  • Viking!
  • Shadows and Lace (Brides Of Legend #1)
  • The Counterfeit Marriage
  • Maiden of Inverness (Border, #4)
  • House of Mirrors
  • The Scotsman
  • Desire and Deception
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis Po
More about Shannon Drake...

Graham Clan (7 books)
  • Come the Morning (Graham, #1)
  • Seize The Dawn (Graham, #3)
  • Knight Triumphant (Graham, #4)
  • The Lion In Glory (Graham, #5)
  • When We Touch (Graham, #6)
  • The Queen's Lady (Graham, #7)