Start by marking “The Family Plan” as Want to Read:
The Family Plan

The Family Plan (Hawkins Brothers #2)

Dr. Amelia Young has meticulously organized her family plan. Wonderful daughter? Done. Man? Unnecessary. All Amelia has ever needed is carefully selected DNA. So what if the donor turns out to be a ridiculously hot chef with a distracting butt and wicked smile? That only proves she had good taste in genes.
Anonymously donating his DNA at a clinic when he was a student is o
ebook, Harlequin Super Romance #1645, 256 pages
Published July 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Family Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Family Plan

Saly
When I started reading this book I realized it was the second in the series about Hawkin brothers and I will be going back to read the first and the last but I enjoyed this book.
The hero Finn was really good if a bit unsure about how good he was for a relationship or even fatherhood, he has just returned home to start a restaurant when he is shocked by a visitor at his door who wants his sperm donation, the thing is as a young man he donated years ago and now the mother of his child needs it aga
Kay
Aug 20, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
4 1/2 Stars ~ After two disastrous marriages, Finn accepted that he was meant to be "Uncle Finn" and that his restaurant would be his life. That was until Amelia came knocking on his door. The last thing Amelia wants is for the sperm donor of her daughter to be in her life. But Jordan requires a bone marrow transplant and her best chances are from an identical match that only a sibling can make. With great relief, Finn agrees to help the child he's never known. Amelia's adamant that Finn remain ...more
Kelley
Courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

Dr. Amelia Young has her life all mapped out and it doesn't include a husband. She has a beautiful daughter, Jordan, conceived via artificial insemination and that's all Amelia needs. Until Jordan is diagnosed with a deadly disease and the only way to save her is a bone marrow transplant from a family member that matches... or cord blood from a sibling. Amelia never thought she'd need a man for anything apparently The Family Plan is not what she thought it was
Ana
Aug 26, 2010 Ana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say, this is the first time I’ve seen this particular plotline. A lot of the Harlequins seem to latch onto a plot (secret babies, cowboys, marriages of convenience) and work them to death so finding a fresh plot is something to celebrate.

That said, I would’ve liked to see the romance take longer to develop. The heroine is dealing with the illness of someone she loves so jumping in bed with the one person who could complicate an already bad situation should have been untaken with more
jvan326
The Characters where pretty decent, although Amelia tended to get on my nerves every now and again and Finn was quite the hottie (although I found it hard to believe/hard to understand why he even donated sperm in the first place??). My biggest complaint about the book was that it was sickenly sweet like reading a sappy hallmark card or drinking sour lemonade.
J.
Jun 05, 2010 J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like serious issues with an HEA, emotional romance
In The Family Plan, Susan Gable once again proves she is an expert at realistic, gut-wrenching yet heart-warming romance. Susan has the ability to engage the reader in stories plucked straight from the headlines while providing a more than fulfilling escape. From the first paragraph, this book held me and did not let me go. A hero who is as deep as he is handsome, a strong yet vulnerable heroine struggling on her journey to true love, witty banter, a family of characters who are loving and suppo ...more
Tia
Aug 27, 2012 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a lot of Susan Gable books, only a couple if I'm being honest but this one called to me, so I picked it up. I honestly didn't mind the book but it was kind of sappy. It seemed a bit weak but it was sweet and dealt with real life scenarios. Overall it was good.
Layali
Oct 25, 2011 Layali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is the first time i've read a harlequin romance with a plot that didn't involve cowboys, Greeks, or blackmailed marriages and i have to say it was a joy.

This is a heartwarming intense story about love in all its aspects
Nicole
E and I picked this book up at the used bookstore because the blurb was SO ridiculous. But surprisingly, I didn't hate it.
Rachael Albert
Dec 22, 2015 Rachael Albert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my fave books, has been reread several times.. But honestly the h annoyed me at first, her attitude but not to give anything away! It was well written and simply amazing all round!
Alexis Holpin
Alexis Holpin rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Elaine Golden
Elaine Golden rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2010
Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Sam Kaur
Sam Kaur rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
jennifer brown
jennifer brown rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016
Hayihdram
Hayihdram rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Chetan Shet
Chetan Shet rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2010
Colbi
Colbi rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Irma04
Irma04 rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Phyllis Bourne
Phyllis Bourne rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2010
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Sam Kaur
Sam Kaur rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
Michele Lacroix
Michele Lacroix rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Marija
Marija rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
**bookworm**
**bookworm** rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2011
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 27, 2016 12:42PM
  • Baby Twins: Parents Needed
  • Beauty and the Billionaire
  • Boardroom Baby Surprise
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • What the Librarian Did
  • The First Wife (The Chapman Files, #1)
  • Bossman Billionaire (Illegitimate Heirs #4)
  • Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle
  • Doorstep Twins
  • Highland Fling (Perfect Timing #2)
  • His Wife for One Night
  • The Long Shot (The Fallon Brothers, #1)
  • The Other Soldier (Castle Creek, #1)
  • A Marine for Christmas
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness  (The Precinct: SWAT #3; The Precinct #15)
  • Baby Business
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • The Baby's Guardian (Texas Maternity Hostages #1)
I live in Erie, PA, with my husband and son, who both support me in this crazy venture of becoming a published author, an English Mastiff, who doesn't really care one way or another as long as she's fed and someone rubs her belly, and a large aquarium full of fish. (They belong to the dh and son.)

Books have always been my constant companions, all the way back to when I was reading Gus, The Friendl
More about Susan Gable...

Hawkins Brothers (3 books)
  • A Kid to the Rescue