Start by marking “داستان کریسمس اوگی رن” as Want to Read:
داستان کریسمس اوگی رن

داستان کریسمس اوگی رن

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  771 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Je tiens ce récit d'Auggie Wren. Comme il n'y fait pas très bonne figure, en tout cas pas aussi bonne qu'il le souhaiterait, il m'a demandé de ne pas citer son vrai nom. A part cela, toute l'histoire du portefeuille perdu, de la vieille aveugle et du repas de Noël est décrite ici telle qu'il me l'a racontée. Il y a maintenant près de onze ans que nous nous connaissons, Aug ...more
24 pages
Published 1384 by انتشارات نیلا

To ask other readers questions about داستان کریسمس اوگی رن, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about داستان کریسمس اوگی رن

Maria
I went to the library today to watch a VHS tape of my work for a class. But when I got there, they told me that they don't let people watch their own VHS tapes, only tapes from the library. I asked why and they told me that if people could just bring in their own tapes and watch them they would never stop. Yup. Good thing the librarians are keeping a handle on things because we wouldn't want crazy people like me camping out in the library with their homework. Guess I'm supposed to go buy a TV an ...more
Jack Silbert
This slim book and I go back about four years. I picked it up that summer at a library book sale where I was volunteering--we get a free book as our "payment." And I set the book aside with the intention of reading it on Christmas.

Well, Christmas came and went and I forgot to read the book. So I had to wait for year two. And that Christmas went perfectly. As perfectly as it can go for a single Jew, anyway. On Christmas Eve, I went to the movies and afterward entered a nearby bar which I'd never
Donna
This Christmas story gives you something to think and talk about after you are done reading it. It is a favorite of mine and up there with some classics I have read: A Christmas Carol, Gift of the Magi, Louisa May Alcotts’s The Quiet Little Woman. One other thing: I saw some similarities between Auggie Wren’s Christmas Story and The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Both start out with a writer having trouble writing a story followed by someone telling them a story which is then related to us the reade ...more
Linda Lipko
I requested this from my local library last December. Finally, it arrived yesterday. This delightful, small, wonderfully illustrated book is very much a non-traditional Christmas story.

It is not a story of Christmas trees, of mangers, of churches, of stained glass windows, or of snow softly falling as candles shed light in the windows.

It is a story of unexpected gifts that arrive with moral dilemmas.

It is very thought provoking and it was well worth the wait!
Pam
I liked this book, which is really a short story and very non-tradional for a Christmas story. It is not the overly sweet, sentimental and unrealistic Christmas story you usually see at this time of year, so be ready for something truly different. I like the fact that it leaves you with more questions than answers. I am tempted to try another book by this author.
Bandit
I'm a completist by nature and this was a nice treat for this time of the year, a christmas story by one of my favorite authors. Very short and lovely story made perfect by amazing artwork, words and images went together as well as peanut butter and jelly or, this being a christmas story, like snowman shaped cookies and milk. Recommended.
gina~*
I was killing time at the library today and this little book captured my attention so I grabbed it and read it while waiting for my bus. February is perhaps not the best time for this christmasy short story but I enjoyed it anyway! Will be looking for something a bit longer by this author.
Cari
I've been ripping through the short books on my shelf this weekend and this one was among them. Very random short story for Christmas, and most likely my choice to read it in mid-April added to the weirdness. But it was strangely appealing somehow and - again - definitely random!
girlwithglasses
Not really a story... I was expecting a magical twist in the tale, but it just petered out rather disappointingly. The book looks like it is aimed at children, but I can't imagine any child whose attention or imagination would be captured by it.
Mary Alice
This is a gem of a little story. I am so happy to have discovered it. Takes only 15 minutes to read, and the illustrations are wonderfully charming. :)
Ernest
This was a sweet Christmas short story that was pleasant enough to read but I think will struggle to have any lasting impact on me.
Jana
This short story was thoroughly disappointing, but the one thing it had going for it was the illustrations. Very cute pictures...
Beatrice
A thought-provoking Christmas story that comes with beautiful illustrations.
Reid
No Books
25 dicembre 1990. Paul Auster pubblica su commissione un racconto di Natale sul New York Times: Auggie Wren’s Christmas Story. Sedotto dalla storia, il regista Wayne Wang contatta Auster e il risultato, cinque anni dopo, è il film Smoke. Il film recupera i due personaggi del racconto originale ma ne introduce di nuovi, e sostanzialmente racconta vicende diverse. Solamente alla fine, dopo i titoli di coda, in bianco e nero, il racconto di Auggie ricompare.

Nel 1998, la francese Actes Sud ripubbli
Ghizlane Zarrouk
This is the most nontraditional christmas story i've read so far. there is no christmas tree, no exchange of gifts no christmas shopping nothing, nada...

what is interesting about this short story is that we have a fiction, another story, within the original story.

so we have Paul a writer, who likes to smoke little Dutch cigars and who was asked or,to be precise,persuaded to write a short story for the New York Times to be published on christmas morning. u see Paul seems to have a problem, not
Syringa Smyrna
Lori
A tale of unexpected gifts told through beautiful visuals of NYC. Paul Auster has committed to writing a Christmas story for his paper but has no idea what to write about. He doesn't want to write about cliché overly sentimental holiday sap. He wants something original and true to his style of writing - true to his voice. Enter Auggie who shares with Paul a story that may just save Paul's hide.
Shannon
I'm trying to figure out why others like Auster so much, and what I'm missing. A below reviewer said something about, the more he reads of Auster, the more convinced he is that Auster is a genius. I'm definitely missing something. I mean, this book itself.. eh. Yes, it raises the question "What is a lie". And it's a Christmas Story. Fucking big deal. The only other book I tried reading by this guy is Travels in the Scriptorium A Novel, which I got bored with and had to put down. Someone please e ...more
Elvar
Nice illustrations, good chistmas story.
Nothing sappy.
Good job, love Auster.
Put me in the mood.
Matt Blair
Simple but touching, and beautifully illustrated. Worthy of becoming a Christmas tradition.
Edith
This is an short story requested by the New York Times for its Christmas Day edition in 1990. It was subsequently made into this slim diminutive book which looks as if it's made for children. Illustrations are by the Argentinian artist ISOL.

But, lucky you- you do not need to run to the library to read this Christmas story that is off the beaten path. If you have 16 minutes and 34 seconds, you can give yourself a treat and hear Paul Auster himself read this unique tale at NPR:

Susie
Quick story. It stays with you and allows you to appreciate a good lie.
Heather
Charming. Unsentimental. The perfect short Christmas story.
Tracy
Great little Christmas book. It takes ten minutes to read.
Monica Sanyer
Una lectura navideña nada convencional.
Gregg
As I was reading this short Christmas story by Paul Auster, I realized it was the same story that appeared in the award-winning film Smoke for which Auster wrote the screenplay. In the movie Harvey Keitel portrayed the character of Auggie Wren. I loved this story in the movie and enjoyed reading it again this holiday season. Not your typical Christmas tale but intriguing to be sure.
Nicole
The cover illustration has a sign cut off, leaving the beginning letters "MEH" front and center. How perfectly it captures how I felt about this book. Meh. I might have liked it more in a well-chosen short story anthology, but this just felt indulgent.

And now to discuss it in book group for 6 times as long as it took to read. Perhaps someone there can convince me to change my rating.
Dayana
Es un cuento relativamente simple, sin grandes pretenciones, sin demasiados mensajes ocultos para desentrañar, pero que cumple con el cometido de contar una época del año con un matiz diferente.

Más detalles de la reseña del libro en mi blog:
  • The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia
  • Storming the Reality Studio: A Casebook of Cyberpunk & Postmodern Science Fiction
  • Pass Thru Fire: The Collected Lyrics
  • Walpurgisnacht
  • The Gift
  • The First Forty-Nine Stories
  • The Essential Interviews
Paul Auster is the bestselling author of Report from the Interior, Winter Journal, Sunset Park, Invisible, The Book of Illusions, and The New York Trilogy, among many other works. He has been awarded the Prince of Asturias Prize for Literature, the Prix Médicis Étranger, the Independent Spirit Award, and the Premio Napoli. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, the American Ac ...more
More about Paul Auster...
The New York Trilogy The Brooklyn Follies The Book of Illusions Moon Palace Invisible

“As long as there's one person to believe it, there's no story that can't be true.” 17 likes