Start by marking “داستان کریسمس اوگی رن” as Want to Read:
داستان کریسمس اوگی رن

داستان کریسمس اوگی رن

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  909 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
Je tiens ce récit d'Auggie Wren. Comme il n'y fait pas très bonne figure, en tout cas pas aussi bonne qu'il le souhaiterait, il m'a demandé de ne pas citer son vrai nom. A part cela, toute l'histoire du portefeuille perdu, de la vieille aveugle et du repas de Noël est décrite ici telle qu'il me l'a racontée. Il y a maintenant près de onze ans que nous nous connaissons, Aug ...more
24 pages
Published 1384 by انتشارات نیلا

To ask other readers questions about داستان کریسمس اوگی رن, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about داستان کریسمس اوگی رن

Maria
Apr 02, 2008 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
I went to the library today to watch a VHS tape of my work for a class. But when I got there, they told me that they don't let people watch their own VHS tapes, only tapes from the library. I asked why and they told me that if people could just bring in their own tapes and watch them they would never stop. Yup. Good thing the librarians are keeping a handle on things because we wouldn't want crazy people like me camping out in the library with their homework. Guess I'm supposed to go buy a TV an ...more
Bev
Nov 25, 2015 Bev rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first review for the Christmas Spirit Challenge is going to be a mini-review for a mini book. Michelle, our lovely hostess, sent me Paul Auster's Auggie Wren's Christmas Story as part of my prize package for a previous year's challenge. It is a slim volume with a lovely Christmas fable--without Santa or reindeer or snowmen or Christmas trees. The most holiday-type thing in the story is a very unconventional Christmas dinner. How can this be?

It is a tale about a writer who has been asked by Th
Jack Silbert
Dec 29, 2012 Jack Silbert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This slim book and I go back about four years. I picked it up that summer at a library book sale where I was volunteering--we get a free book as our "payment." And I set the book aside with the intention of reading it on Christmas.

Well, Christmas came and went and I forgot to read the book. So I had to wait for year two. And that Christmas went perfectly. As perfectly as it can go for a single Jew, anyway. On Christmas Eve, I went to the movies and afterward entered a nearby bar which I'd never
Jane
Dec 31, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: american, christmas
This is a reread lost count on how many Christmases I have read it there is no such thing as a free lunch
Graziano
Apr 02, 2015 Graziano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: verona-library
Dopo avermi portato in una piccola stanzetta senza finestre
nel retro del negozio, Auggie ha aperto uno scatolone
e ha tirato fuori dodici album identici di fotografie.
Poi mi ha spiegato che quello era il lavoro
di una vita. Non gli prendeva
piu' di cinque minuti al giorno:
ogni santo giorno degli ultimi dodici
anni Auggie s'era messo all'angolo
fra Atlantic Avenue e Clinton Street
alle sette in punto del mattino
e aveva scattato una foto a colori
della stessa scena. (8)

Poi, quasi mi avesse
letto i pensie
Reid
A.M.
Apr 17, 2016 A.M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Regardless of the title, Auggie Wren's Christmas Story is a tale that can be read and re-read anytime of the year. It's classic Auster, which means it's got metaphysical musings.

The illustrations are terrifically awesome, too. In fact, this book would make a nice gift.
Donna
Dec 15, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Christmas story gives you something to think and talk about after you are done reading it. It is a favorite of mine and up there with some classics I have read: A Christmas Carol, Gift of the Magi, Louisa May Alcotts’s The Quiet Little Woman. One other thing: I saw some similarities between Auggie Wren’s Christmas Story and The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Both start out with a writer having trouble writing a story followed by someone telling them a story which is then related to us the reade ...more
Linda Lipko
I requested this from my local library last December. Finally, it arrived yesterday. This delightful, small, wonderfully illustrated book is very much a non-traditional Christmas story.

It is not a story of Christmas trees, of mangers, of churches, of stained glass windows, or of snow softly falling as candles shed light in the windows.

It is a story of unexpected gifts that arrive with moral dilemmas.

It is very thought provoking and it was well worth the wait!
Pam
Dec 21, 2011 Pam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: xmas, pam
I liked this book, which is really a short story and very non-tradional for a Christmas story. It is not the overly sweet, sentimental and unrealistic Christmas story you usually see at this time of year, so be ready for something truly different. I like the fact that it leaves you with more questions than answers. I am tempted to try another book by this author.
Bandit
Dec 30, 2012 Bandit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a completist by nature and this was a nice treat for this time of the year, a christmas story by one of my favorite authors. Very short and lovely story made perfect by amazing artwork, words and images went together as well as peanut butter and jelly or, this being a christmas story, like snowman shaped cookies and milk. Recommended.
gina~*
Feb 28, 2011 gina~* rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gasp-non-romance
I was killing time at the library today and this little book captured my attention so I grabbed it and read it while waiting for my bus. February is perhaps not the best time for this christmasy short story but I enjoyed it anyway! Will be looking for something a bit longer by this author.
Cari
Apr 19, 2009 Cari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been ripping through the short books on my shelf this weekend and this one was among them. Very random short story for Christmas, and most likely my choice to read it in mid-April added to the weirdness. But it was strangely appealing somehow and - again - definitely random!
girlwithglasses
Feb 26, 2010 girlwithglasses rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not really a story... I was expecting a magical twist in the tale, but it just petered out rather disappointingly. The book looks like it is aimed at children, but I can't imagine any child whose attention or imagination would be captured by it.
Mary Alice
Dec 24, 2008 Mary Alice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gem of a little story. I am so happy to have discovered it. Takes only 15 minutes to read, and the illustrations are wonderfully charming. :)
Ernest
Jul 29, 2011 Ernest rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet Christmas short story that was pleasant enough to read but I think will struggle to have any lasting impact on me.
Jana
This short story was thoroughly disappointing, but the one thing it had going for it was the illustrations. Very cute pictures...
Beatrice
Sep 17, 2012 Beatrice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, 2012
A thought-provoking Christmas story that comes with beautiful illustrations.
No Books
25 dicembre 1990. Paul Auster pubblica su commissione un racconto di Natale sul New York Times: Auggie Wren’s Christmas Story. Sedotto dalla storia, il regista Wayne Wang contatta Auster e il risultato, cinque anni dopo, è il film Smoke. Il film recupera i due personaggi del racconto originale ma ne introduce di nuovi, e sostanzialmente racconta vicende diverse. Solamente alla fine, dopo i titoli di coda, in bianco e nero, il racconto di Auggie ricompare.

Nel 1998, la francese Actes Sud ripubbli
Ghizlane Zarrouk
This is the most nontraditional christmas story i've read so far. there is no christmas tree, no exchange of gifts no christmas shopping nothing, nada...

what is interesting about this short story is that we have a fiction, another story, within the original story.

so we have Paul a writer, who likes to smoke little Dutch cigars and who was asked or,to be precise,persuaded to write a short story for the New York Times to be published on christmas morning. u see Paul seems to have a problem, not
Syringa Smyrna
Nov 20, 2012 Syringa Smyrna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: american
Lori
Nov 03, 2014 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tale of unexpected gifts told through beautiful visuals of NYC. Paul Auster has committed to writing a Christmas story for his paper but has no idea what to write about. He doesn't want to write about cliché overly sentimental holiday sap. He wants something original and true to his style of writing - true to his voice. Enter Auggie who shares with Paul a story that may just save Paul's hide.
Sung-Gi Kim
Quotes from the book:

Auggie was photographing time, I realized, both natural time and human time, and he was doing it by planting himself in one tiny corner of the world and willing it to be his own, by standing guard in the space he had chosen for himself. As he watched me pore over his work, Auggie continued to smile with pleasure. Then, almost as if he'd been reading my thoughts, he began to recite a line from Shakespeare. "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow," he muttered under his breath, "t
Sara
Apr 21, 2016 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¿Falta mucho para navidad? A quién le importa, siempre es buen momento para leer un cuento ambientado en navidad. Y con el espíritu del autor no es excesivamente meloso. Es un relato tan corto que no vale la pena intentar presentarlo o lo cuento entero; basta con decir que me agradó.
Elisabeth
I liked the little there was of this story, but I was disappointed to find that there wasn't as much as I'd expected. But a good read if you want to finish a book in one, short setting.
Shannon
Nov 19, 2009 Shannon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm trying to figure out why others like Auster so much, and what I'm missing. A below reviewer said something about, the more he reads of Auster, the more convinced he is that Auster is a genius. I'm definitely missing something. I mean, this book itself.. eh. Yes, it raises the question "What is a lie". And it's a Christmas Story. Fucking big deal. The only other book I tried reading by this guy is Travels in the Scriptorium A Novel, which I got bored with and had to put down. Someone please e ...more
Artemisia Hunt
Dec 03, 2015 Artemisia Hunt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A uniquely charming story that captures the essence of Christmas in an offbeat tale with beautiful jewel-tone illustrations.
Elvar
Jan 08, 2015 Elvar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice illustrations, good chistmas story.
Nothing sappy.
Good job, love Auster.
Put me in the mood.
Anne
Jan 02, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brief, but delightful and unconventional Christmas story with wonderful illustrations by Isol.
  • Pass Thru Fire: The Collected Lyrics
  • The Springs of Affection
  • Storming the Reality Studio: A Casebook of Cyberpunk & Postmodern Science Fiction
  • The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia
  • Pafko at the Wall
  • In the Cage
  • The Starry Starry Night
  • Old Christmas: From the Sketch Book
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Mother Goose Tales to Read Together
Paul Auster is the bestselling author of Report from the Interior, Winter Journal, Sunset Park, Invisible, The Book of Illusions, and The New York Trilogy, among many other works. He has been awarded the Prince of Asturias Prize for Literature, the Prix Médicis Étranger, the Independent Spirit Award, and the Premio Napoli. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, the American Ac ...more
More about Paul Auster...

“As long as there's one person to believe it, there's no story that can't be true.” 20 likes