Start by marking “My Cup Runneth Over: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts” as Want to Read:
My Cup Runneth Over: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts

My Cup Runneth Over: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts (Angel / Life of Angelica Cookson Pots #1)

This humorous young adult take on Bridget Jones's Diary introduces Angelica (Angel) Cookson Potts, who loves food, both cooking it and eating it, and plans to become a famous chef. Angel's own recipes are included.
Published September 1st 2003 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Cup Runneth Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Cup Runneth Over

Sandy Trand
Sep 26, 2011 Sandy Trand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like humor and relastic fiction stories, than this is the book for you. this book is about a teenage girl named Angelica Cookson. she is also called Angel by her closest friends. She has a life that most people would think is a pretty easy life. She has friends, is not a social outcast, has money, lives in a luxe subbarb of London, goes to an excellent school and has famous parents. Her mother Clarrisa Cookson Potts was once a fashion model and a pretty well known lady in the decades back ...more
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
Oh my gosh, I've been looking for this book for so long! I read it around 5 years ago but I forgot about it. I was looking for this book because it has some really awesome recipes. I FINALLY FOUND IT. Yes!
Charlotte Phillips
My favorite part about this book, the recipies that it gave me because cooking is a huge passion of mine which is probably why I could actually relate to the character Angel. It felt similar to many of the other teenage style books that are out there, simplistic and easy to read, something that challenges the reader to think about the way that we look at ourselves and how we see everything else that is going on around us. I felt that there was a comedy effect to the piece that was just different ...more
Kricket
yet ANOTHER book i took home while weeding because i felt bad that no one loved it! all the others in the series are circulating well; i'm guessing that this one is scorned because of the large cartoon floral bra on the cover. too bad, because it's a super cute book.

angel cookson potts is a plus-sized british teen who loves cooking, her friends, and dreamy adam on the motorbike. but she's conflicted about her size- on the one hand, she loves cooking & tasting food, on the other hand her mom
Rebecca
I read this one in a couple of hours as it was quite a short read. There were a couple of humorous bits in it but not that many.
The characters were nothing too special to be honest. The dad, Potty was about the only slightly interesting character. Angel was a little bit too sensitive about her weight. She really didn't have that much to worry about. I felt that her character just complained all the time.
As for the story line it was really predictable and nothing out of the ordinary. Everything t
Lily
Jul 23, 2010 Lily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were so many problems with this book, it's hard to pick just one. Angel is soooooo sensitive about her weight, and no one can say anything without her saying that she's not going to have any fun because of her weight. There wasn't an unexpected moment in the whole thing, I could pretty much make out the whole plot within the first few chapters of the book. None of the characters were very likeable or understandable because they just complained so much or were so stereotypical that it was ...more
Courtney
It may not be a complex story, but it's certainly entertaining! Angelica, more commonly called "Angel," is a British teen with a "completely potty" elderly father and a mother who is a retired model. Needless to say, Angel's very tall, very broad, very busty figure is a source of much contention in the house. Thankfully, she has the culinary wisdom of Jamie Oliver to keep her creative soul going and three fantastic girlfriends to keep her spirits up! This first person narrative is light-hearted ...more
Pyrate Queen
Angelica Cookson Potts is a size 14 British girl who is very conscientious of her appearance. She fancies two unobtainable guys- Jaimie Oliver, the naked chef on TV, and Adam, a popular guy at school.

Surrounded by loving and caring mates, Angel manages to survive (even if just barely) the daily struggles of adolescence and high school. But when their school decides to have a fashion show as a school fundraiser, Angel decides to be the hostess instead of a model. Then the top star of the show ge
Helen
Jan 04, 2008 Helen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definite fluff read. I need to stop reading young adult books. They simply aren't relevant to my life anymore.

All in all, cute illustrations and lots of yummy discussions of food from an English protag, which means that charming slang reminicent (can I say reminicent if they're contemporaries?) of Georgia Nicholson in the Louise Rennison books.
Marjolein
READ IN DUTCH

Ik las Wat een zootje! lang geleden toen het werd uitgegeven als een Tina Topper, die ik destijds verzamelde. Ik zou het anders denk ik niet zo snel hebben uitgekozen, maar als een tussendoorboekje voor een regenachtige middag is het heel geschikt. Ik kijk nog steeds met een beetje nostalgie terug op de serie.
Michele Oyamata
May 02, 2012 Michele Oyamata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-portuguese
What a delightful read!
I read this in less than 3 hours and I absolutely enjoyed it.

Angel has issues with her weight and she has to struggle with her crazy parents, her 3 best friends, her crush that won't notice her and a mean boy that won't leave her alone. Also, she has to deal with her school's upcoming fashion show.
Monica Albright
Jul 02, 2013 Monica Albright rated it it was amazing
A terrific British young adult novel...very touching with the struggles and insecurities of all teen girls of all shapes and sizes...and Potty, Angel's father, well he is just a riot!
Oh, and did I fail to mention that recipes are included in this book??? Yeah. My kind of read.
This one kind of grew on me. The story started off slow and I kept falling asleep. The recipes were the only real bright spot. Then, the main character went on the "cabbage diet", and the story picked up a bit. In the end, I liked it after all.
Margaret
Apr 27, 2010 Margaret added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone!!
LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!!! It made me laugh so hard! I especially enjoyed the illustrations, lol. ROCK ON, ANGEL!!

Jenne
Mar 15, 2007 Jenne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Less horrifying than a lot of teen chick-lit, really.
Anne
May 22, 2013 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was not expecting this book to be so much fun! :) Definitely a book I can recommend to teens. Hello Ate Yen! :)
MB (What she read)
Fun British YA read. Angel is charming.

Fans of Louise Rennison's "Georgia Nicolson" series (i.e. should enjoy this one as well.
Jul 28, 2011 Jennifer rated it did not like it
Cut-rate Georgia Nicholson. Poorly written, but mildly entertaining and quick to finish. Good recipes!!
Mikayla Blue
This character seems very unrealistic and whiney. But this book is quite humorous and I'm sure those who read will enjoy :)
Norma Blanco
Norma Blanco rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Eva
Eva rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2008
Sufia
Sufia rated it liked it
May 25, 2012
Felicia
Felicia rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
LeeAnn
LeeAnn rated it it was ok
May 19, 2011
Leticia
Leticia rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Serena
Serena rated it liked it
May 03, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2008
Ronni
Ronni rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • Fix
  • Love Changes Everything (Love Stories For Young Adults, #6)
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • The Secret Blog of Raisin Rodriguez
  • Message in a Bottle (Love Letters, #4)
  • Popular Vote
  • Flavor of the Week
  • Life as a Poser (The 310, #1)
  • Eyeliner of the Gods
  • It Had to Be You (Love Stories For Young Adults, #10)
  • Girl Stories
  • Crimes of the Sarahs
  • How to Hook a Hottie
  • Contents Under Pressure
  • Girl of the Moment
  • Four Things My Geeky-Jock-Of-A-Best-Friend Must Do in Europe
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
Cherry Whytock's shoe collection has increased dramatically since a recent trip to Morocco with her husband. When she's not rearranging her footwear or waiting for her two beautiful daughters to become fabulously famous, she can be found upside down in her Kentish flowerbeds, weeding. Sometimes Lily the boxer helps, but not often.

Cherry loves Vogue magazine, lacy underwear, and face cream, and wou
More about Cherry Whytock...

Angel / Life of Angelica Cookson Pots (5 books)
  • My Scrumptious Scottish Dumplings: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts