4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  574 ratings  ·  57 reviews
The much-anticipated sequel to the bestseller Message from a Mistress is here! Will the wives finally get their revenge on their notorious "frenemy"? Niobia Bryant thrills readers again with another bold, sexy, suspense-packed story!

In Message from a Mistress, Jessa Bell shocks her three married girlfriends by texting them all that she's sleeping with one of their husbands...more
Published 2011 by Kensington Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mistress No More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistress No More

OOSA
The After Life,

I gotta start this review with a slight rant. I normally don't read other reviews until after I've written mine, and even then I don't read them often. But with the overall low rating on this book, I wanted to see what people were taking issue with. This issue doesn't seem to be this book, but the last book. If you didn't like "Message from a Mistress," why even pick this one up? And if you can't separate the two books, why bother with a review? Review the book at hand on the meri...more
Alicia
This was an AWESOME book!!! I think there should be a part 3
Monique
Not everyone can survive serious trouble in their marriage, especially when the one causing the problems is supposed to be your friend. In Message from a Mistress, Ms. Jessa Bell, wreaks havoc on her three friends - Jamie, Aria, and Renee – and their husbands. In the first book, Jessa sent an email to her friends saying she had been having an affair with their husband but didn’t say which one. In this sequel, we find out the drama that unfolds when women are scorned. The issues are non-stop maki...more
Nardsbaby Reader
Glass Shards

It's been one whole month since the infamous text from Jessa Bell. Lives have changed drastically, as the ladies are trying to deal with their own secrets; their friendships have taken a beating. While each husband returned home that night, the identity of Jessa Bell's lover is still unanswered.

Richmond Hill may be the ideal place for most families, but for these families, there is anger, hostility, desperation and secrets that continue to eat away at their once happy lives as they...more
Shanae
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I'm a fan of Niobia Bryant's romance novels, but I think this is my first time ever reading one of her urban lit novellas. I have not read Message from a Mistress or Mistress, Inc. but that did not limit my understanding of Mistress No More. As a matter of fact, I think I'll read the other two books because if they're as drama-filled as Mistress No More, I know I'll enjoy it. Mistress No More has sex, lies, substance abuse, adultery...man, I could go on and on. It...more
Diana
Well, since I couldn't sleep last night I decided to read this book since I was still dying to know whose man Jessa had been sleeping with and I am glad I did. The author does a much better job this time of getting the story moving and not wasting our time with a lot of nonsense. She got right to the point and it was a really good story with enough twists to keep me laughing and interested. She improved her writing from the first book and that is a great job on her part.
Serena
Niobia Bryant showed out on this one! This book had me sounding like a run a way slave with all the twists and turns. Whew! And the ending! Ahhhhhh! I loved how each of the three ladies stories ended, especially Aria's :-). An amazing book. I'd like to see a third one with the ladies in it. This was gooooooood!
Lord' Williams
Mistress No More

My, my, my this series is only getting better. As an author I wondered how Ms. Bryant was going to start this volume of the series, and than I wondered where the he'll will she take it? Well this author answered my questions and then some, and how so you asked? Well the life of the characters are driven by the storyline, the storyline is driven by the subplots, the subplots are defined and executed by the author's Character Development Skills. Poor Character Development leads to...more
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Message from a Mistress was a banger when I read it in 2010, but only to be stunned that I wouldn’t discover the big secret was a downer. So when I was able to finally get my hands on part two Mistress No More, I was more than ready to see which husband was carrying on with the mistress. This sequel was definitely a standalone and really you don’t need to read part one. Sometimes the scenes were gut twisting funny, to heart wrenching intense which made this book a page turner from the very first...more
Shelby P
I read "Message from a Mistress" and "Mistress No More" back to back over 2 days. I couldn't wait to find out who the cheating husband was. My guess was wrong. This story was drama filled, funny, had a few "mouth hanging open" moments for me.

I liked Jaime's story the best. I was sort of disappointed in Renee's out of control drinking. I felt it was a bit too much. But I guess that's how alcoholics roll.

It would have been nice to know the characters exact ages. We knew Renee was in her forties, t...more
Ashley Teagle
This is the second book in the "Mistress" novels trilogy. Jessa has decided she will no longer be a mistress and her friends are left to pick up the pieces of their lives. I enjoyed this book because Bryant didn't end the characters' stories in a way that I was expecting. This book was full of drama, like its predecessor. The only issue I had with the book was how the ladies never got to really deal with Jessa as a person. I think the story would have been more realistic with a confrontation sce...more
J
(FROM JACKET)Jessa Bell shocked the hell out of her three best friends when she announced she was having an affair with one of their husbands-then refused to say which one. She has been reveling in watching her friends self-destruct while trying to figure out which dog of a husband has been getting some of the side.
But now, caught between an ex-lover who won't let her go, and a new lover who's more than happy to, Jessa's ready to confront the ladies, reveal the truth, and move on. Maybe her stun...more
Nicole
I like how Niobia kept the story line going, making it an easy transition into the 2nd book. I love how Aria conceived at the end and how all of the women are able to move on hopefully into something greater, and Jessa...that remains poor Eric, damn
shekitta
Great read!

Niobia always brings the hotness in her books! Her Mistress series always has me wanting more when I read them!
Natasha
I enjoyed this book more than the first. Going deeper into the lives and marriages of Aria, Jaime and Renee made for some good reading. I was surprised that the husband who was cheating with their former friend was revealed halfway through the book. I'm glad she didn't drag it out to the end. I wasn't surprised at who it was but boy was he a nutcase! Once again the ending has me ready to read the next in the series so I'll be starting that book real soon. The ending sure did have some gripping t...more
Valerie
Excellent Sequel to Message from A Mistress.

I was so glad to finally find out who the cheating husband was. I was kind of surprised.
The story captured my attention and kept it through out. There was still a lot of drama and chaos centered around Jessa Bell. Not just for the couple that she came between, but the other two couples as well.

The story was filled with erotic episodes, funny scenes and jaw dropping "i know he didn't scenes.

Loved it.

On to Part III... Mistress, Inc....
Luqunita Hill
From the start this book kept my attention. It also proves, that everyone has a story and the grass is not always greener on the other side. Jessa Bell leaves nothing out. She is foolish all in the name of love.

Yvaana Reid
Amazing! Such a twist, but it was slightly innevitable, as i'm sure Eric would not go quietly, but a beautifully written ending.

I completed this book in 2 days! Sucked in completely! Fantastic writing, very impressed. But now slightly lost, as i struggle to re-adjust to life without Richmond Hills!

Would recommend to everyone! Strongly advise Message from a MIstress first as you'll definitely appreciate the back story.
Rakia
Aug 29, 2011 Rakia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read Message From a Mistress
Mistress No More starts a month later with everybody's lives in turmoil. Two couples are seperated and the final couple is hanging on by a thread. Aria is driving Kingston away with accusations, Renee is a raging alcholic, Jamie is addicted to Pleasure's pleasure, and Jessa Bell is being stalked. I don't want to give away too many details but it's better than the first book. It's more emotional and comical.
Rachel
I really thought it was Kingston who was cheating with Jessa Bell. Turns out it was that sorry Eric. Which did Jamie a favor. Love the way Jamie played Pleasure in the end. Looks like Jessa Bell and Eric got theirs in the end. Felt bad for Rene, Jackson did her dirty. I knew she was goint to become and alcoholic the way she was throwing them back in message from a mistress.
SittinPretty
Book was boring also, I just read til I found out who the cheating husband was, suspense is a mutha, ain't it?? Lol. And I was right. Yay me! But I don't think I will be picking up another Niobia Bryant book again. :( and Aria is a stupid bitch, I'm sure by the end of the book Kingston will come back, bu I don't blame him if he don't she was just acting straight crazy.
Alexis
Totally worth the wait! This one was an awesome follow up to the first book. I loved it!
Malika
The issue for me was with the characters. I felt they could have been fleshed out more. It just seemed that the side characters suddenly did things that were a bit unexpected, and didn't seem in line with the behavior of the character that the author had built to that point.

Kellee
The book was ok. I expected it to be better. I thought there would be more drama with Jessa. I was also shocked to find out who Jessa's lover was. It ended w/o actually revealing the outcome between one of the couples & Aria's ending was predictable.
Yvette
Apr 10, 2012 Yvette added it
This was just an ok book. Based on the title I was expecting more from the storyline. I don't feel like all of the story was connected in the END... Just my 13 cents worth.
Judy Jacobs
Very good book! Definitely answers questions from Message From a Mistress. The end literally gave me chills! Now to figure out which Niobia Bryant to read next...
Lena
Well, I'm glad I didn't spend too much time on this. The sequel to "Message From A Mistress" was some straight-up rubbish! Not at all my idea of a 'good read'.
Earniece
finished this book in one day so that I could finally find out which husband had done the deed.......took forever to find out and the ending left me in a bad place
Charmain
WOW great read all the way thru. Things became shaky for the ladies but they pulled through and poor Jessa did she not think she would have consequences!
Tina Marie
I thought this book was exciting and tasty at first but when i read it,i was stunned and looking for more.I want more hot details and more of the book.
Content of Book 3 28 Sep 11, 2012 02:54PM
  • What We Won't Do For Love
  • G-Spot 2: Pride: the 1st Deadly Sin
  • California Connection
  • Millionaire Wives Club
Niobia Bryant was born and raised in the Central Ward of Newark, New Jersey to Letha and Ernest. She has one brother, Caleb. Bryant reveals her mother's struggles to raise them alone while her father fought a drug addiction. She credits her mother for introducing her to books at an early age.

Bryant was educated in the Newark Public Schools system and graduated from University High School, eventua...more
More about Niobia Bryant...
Message from a Mistress Give Me Fever Heated The Hot Spot Hot Like Fire