Start by marking “Priority One (EMS Heat, #4)” as Want to Read:
Priority One (EMS Heat, #4)

Priority One (EMS Heat #4)

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  645 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
It’s never easy being the new guy in town. Especially when you’re gay, single and broke. Not only does Dylan fall into every one of those categories, but he’s also homeless and heartbroken as well and all before he’s celebrated his twenty-first birthday. Even though his older brother, Lucas, let him move in and found him a job at the local EMS company, Dylan has never felt ...more
Published August 1st 2010 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Priority One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priority One

Hot Head by Damon SuedeCollision Course by K.A. Mitchell911 by Chris OwenKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneWith Caution by J.L. Langley
Best Gay Firemen/Paramedics/EMTs
29th out of 143 books — 294 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedePromises by Marie SextonZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldFaith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
Gay Uniforms
92nd out of 285 books — 130 voters

More lists with this book...

Ter
Aug 01, 2010 Ter rated it really liked it
Between 3.5 and 4.
While I liked it, it ended to soon. I would have liked to have gotten to hear more about both of them and the relationship, We didn't really see much of the relationship, was told "they were together for weeks now", rather than read what happened etc.
Also would have liked to have gotten into more of his relationship with his brother. He lives with him but not too much happens there.
While I love this series, this one was just 'good', I felt it just need more to make it feel mo
Alina
Mar 11, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
I have a huge soft spot for the first-time stories, so I just loved this one! Age difference doesn't hurt too :) Oh and that's nice to see a glimpse of human in Gladis too ) It seems she's not completely hopeless.
I think so far it's my favorite installment from the series, love the dynamic and the characters.
Cait Miller
Aug 04, 2010 Cait Miller rated it liked it
I liked this story and loved the characters but it felt kinda unfinished, maybe a bit rushed. I'd have liked to read a bit more about the development of their relationship and see the situation between the brothers resolved.
DaisyGirl
3.5 Stars

I liked Dylan and Kaleb well enough. But the story ended too abruptly and left me wanting.

Bottom line: too short.
Nic
The EMS Heat Series by Stephanie Hecht

I’m reviewing this entire series in one go because they all have similar themes. Each book is short and sweet – little bite-sized stories when you want to pick up something quick to read (I read each one in one sitting).

This is one of those series (previously called St Michael’s) that centres on a group of men who work in emergency services. It is a glorious combination of EMTs, firemen, nurses, doctors…

Each book is relatively short (<100 pages) and make
ARe Cafe
Apr 18, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it really liked it
Shelves: vals-picks
Priority One by Stephani Hecht will thrill the fans who have been flocking to the author’s stand-alone novellas, which feature a shared cast of hot gay men who work as firefighters and paramedics associated with Saint Michael’s Hospital in Flint, Michigan. A writer just can’t beat the dramatic potential involved in emergency work, but so few writers have the requisite medical background, or if they do, they’re not talented enough to blend it into the fiction and make it accessible to us readers. ...more
Erin
Aug 27, 2015 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
This was my least favorite of the series so far. I didn't like Kaleb. I especially didn't like that he saw Lucas was "obviously scared" and kept going. I didn't buy their chemistry. I get that it is a short story, but I feel like the others in the series so far have had a little more depth.

Having said that, this one is not bad. It just "okay." I don't know if I will read the next one in the series. The blurb didn't grab me, so I am leaning toward not.
Tam
Aug 22, 2010 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

Dylan is a 20 year old EMT, (Lucas of Lights and Sirens brother). He’s been dying to try out a club so he takes Lucas’ ID and heads out. There he runs into hot firefighter Kaleb who’s set his sights on him. Kaleb doesn’t do relationships, ever. He takes him home and Dylan is a virgin no more. Then Kaleb totally freaks when after sex Dylan shakes his hand, thanks him and leaves. That’s HIS role. While on a job Dylan cuts himself and when he sees the blood it brings up some issues he nev
CrazyMoo
Sep 07, 2014 CrazyMoo rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for this book.

Dutchgirl
The book (as all the books in this serie) should have been a lot longer. I would have loved it if the author spent more time in developing the characters because they deserve it.
But i enjoyed reading it.
Ami
Aug 02, 2010 Ami rated it liked it
My constant complaint of Ms. Hecht's stories is they are usually finish too soon. I wish she would write something more than 200 pages, a full-length novel, so I can treasure her characters. This is one is another example of how things finish way too abruptly for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I love Dylan (he's Lucas's brother from book #3) and I like the way he handles Kaleb (way to go with bruising the fireman's ego, Dylan!). So I would love to see their relationship lasts longer *po
Rhowena
Oct 13, 2015 Rhowena rated it it was ok
2.5
Lucy
Sep 15, 2010 Lucy rated it really liked it
This would have been a five star with just a little more length. Dylan (Lucas' brother) has had a horrible time since coming out, betrayed by more than just his parents. He is now staying with Lucas, and working as a paramedic. He meets Kaleb, a fireman who is notorious for one-offs with just about everyone. Dylan and Kaleb get together, and it would have been great to have more time to develop the relationship. Still, it was a likeable story and they seem to be a true couple.
Sheilad37
Jun 19, 2013 Sheilad37 rated it really liked it

I have read several in this series and enjoy the quick read. I love when characters are brought back to a series you get a small update. I love how Kaleb is the one who gets left after they first get together. He is usually the player. There is definitely more to this story, but is a cute read.

Candice
Dec 14, 2013 Candice rated it liked it
Read on 12-13-13

It just ended. I wanted more! I wanted to know more about Dylan. I wanted more of his "relationship" with Kaleb. I wanted to see how they fell together. I want more, damn it! LOVED how Dylan basically flipped off Kaleb and said "thanks for fixing my situation"! HA!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Sweet story about Dylan who brings Kaleb down a notch or two, but it was just over so quickly that I was just getting into it and it was over.
The length really stopped me from being able to understand the attraction and love between them!
Betryal
Aug 03, 2010 Betryal rated it it was amazing
Sizzling hot and worth taking the time to read. Took a dejected Dylan to put the fireman Kaleb in his place and turn the tables on his loose ways.

Antoher damn good story by Stephani. :two thumbs up:
Chris
Oct 05, 2010 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2010, owned, ebook
Good m/m romance about a new paramedic, young and inexperienced in more ways than one, who's living with his overprotective brother while trying to recover from a traumatic incident.
Trisha Harrington
Another great story from this series. Loved Dylan and Kaleb in this book. The series is really starting to grow on me. Loved this one just as much as the other books before it :)
Janna
Dylan was cute and Kaleb was hot, I mean who can resist a hot firefighter? But their story felt a little bit rushed compared to the other books in this series.
Lily
Sweet story, nicely written with likable protags. Unfortunately it felt a bit rushed. I wish it had been longer.
Lisa
Aug 14, 2010 Lisa rated it did not like it
this one was jut too rushed. i know it's a shorter story, but it just didn't flow. very disappointed.
UKSandy
Feb 27, 2011 UKSandy rated it really liked it
Another Hot story of Kaleb & Dylan, the only problem with these books is that they end too quick.
Stephanie
Apr 30, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stephani-hecht, 2010
This is a wonderful love story. One of the better ones of this series so far.
Janie
Nov 06, 2013 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Good story but way too much tried to be crammed into such a short story.
Ingrid
Aug 07, 2010 Ingrid rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Books from Stephani are like good chocolate. I always wish for more.
Clover
May 31, 2011 Clover rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
sweet story about a paramedic and a firefighter.
Meggie

Isabel
May 02, 2012 Isabel rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
3.5*
  • Burnin' for You (Burnin' for You, #1)
  • Firehouse Heat (Cattle Valley, #16)
  • Alternative Treatment
  • Turn the Other Cheek (911, #3)
  • Only His Heart (Only Forever #3)
  • Dangerous Distraction (Boys in Blue #3)
  • Two In Two Out (Hero, #2)
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Tinder (Firefighters, #5)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Aidan and Ethan (Seeking Redemption, #1)
  • On Fire (On Fire, #1)
  • Hearts Afire: January
  • Blue Fire
  • His Hero Anthology
  • Burn (Hammer, #10)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

EMS Heat (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Running Hot (EMS Heat, #1)
  • Man Down (EMS Heat, #2)
  • Lights and Sirens (EMS Heat, #3)
  • Code Blue (EMS Heat, #5)
  • Red Lights and Silver Bells (EMS Heat, #6)
  • High Flow (EMS Heat, #7)
  • Three-Alarm Fire (EMS Heat, #8)
  • Shades of the Past (EMS Heat, #9)
  • In His Hero's Shadow (EMS Heat, #10)
  • Life Over Limb (EMS Heat, #11)