Start by marking “Heaven: Your Real Home” as Want to Read:
Heaven: Your Real Home

Heaven: Your Real Home

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In this devotional with excerpts from Joni's best-seller, Heaven: Finding Your True Home, you'll learn what heaven is like, who will be there, and how you can prepare your heart here on earth for the reality of heaven.
Published May 11th 2010 by Zondervan (first published October 15th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven

Steven
If you think Heaven is people in white robes sitting on white clouds, singing hymns and playing harps for eternity, then you really need to read this book! Nothing on earth can compare with the beauty, color, and excitement of Heaven. (God managed to create a beautiful world for us here, didn't he? With plenty to keep us busy and interested, in spite of the FALL? Can Heaven really be something less? Of course not.)

This is the best work I've read on Heaven. Joni pulls from hundreds of other sourc
Dottie Parish
This is a beautiful, thoughtful, well written, and well researched book about Heaven as described in Scriptures. The author, Joni Eareckson Tada, is a remarkable person. She is a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, has written a number of excellent books, is a national speaker, and has a ministry to disabled individuals. She pictures heaven in vivid, insightful and glorious images.

The book is divided into three parts.
1. What Will Heaven by Like?
2. Will Heaven be Home?
3. The Journey Home.

Throughou
Rebecca Mcneish
I literally chew on this book. It sits by my chair in the book holder with my bible. I use it mostly when I need to be uplifted. As a suffering MS individual Joni Tada can put me back to reality and pull me out of self pity like no other author. "Heaven" is our real home and that makes this earthly life livable day by day.
Jennah
I got through half of this book and stopped reading it because I did not agree with some of the things Joni Eareckson talked about. She thinks that she will get to have coffee dates with her friends, go on hikes, and other things that we do here on earth. We won't be doing that, we will be praising and glorifying God for eternity when we go to heaven. If felt like this book is her just thinking out loud and writing it down in a book. I know there is not a lot of Scripture about heaven, but I wis ...more
Mad Russian the Traveller
{Updated}
After forcing patience and repentance upon my ethical radar and into my personal circuits, I do like much of sister Joni's meditations. I am acquiring a dead-tree version of this book for my wife for reference; she had no qualms about the book. My next quest will be to analyze some of the more profound things that Joni has written/spoken because some of what I liked of her writing coincides quite well with the NT Wright book ("Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and
Lisa Rathbun
I grew up knowing I should be excited about heaven, but it didn't always seem very interesting. So imagine my excitement when Joni expressed some of my same feelings in her first chapter! I loved that someone else had though the same things I had and had come up with excellent points to consider. We are so blessed here in America, sometimes it's hard to pull our heart away from the things of this world. But because of Joni's suffering, she has gained insight into the precious promises of heaven, ...more
Tiara
I liked the book.

The majority of the reflections were interesting (though there were some I wasn't a huge fan of).
I felt that her main purpose, though she did talk a lot about what we can expect, was to show that there is divinity here and now on Earth. She wanted the reader to know that in sunsets, in words, in experiences, and especially in people he/she can see a wonderful piece of what is to come in Heaven. This was my favorite message! Find the divinity on Earth before you begin to contem
Kim
Mar 12, 2014 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kim by: lorene burton
Shelves: guideposts
I have read her book entitled JONI and it was a good book. Hoping this one will be to.
Linda
Feb 09, 2008 Linda rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone daring enough to peer into the beyond
Recommended to Linda by: saw it on Judith's shelf . . .
The two stars really don't reflect my opinion of this book. Joni is a wonderfully descriptive writer, and this book is at its best when she is sharing from her own life, or the lives of her friends. She also paints heaven with rich, concrete images, which makes this a great book for anyone who has never thought much about what heaven will be like. Although my theology doesn't line up exactly with hers, there was only one passage in the book that I vehemently disagreed with - but I'll let you rea ...more
Gayle
Loved this book! It gave me a whole new outlook on life!
Sylvester
I have a lot of respect for Joni Eareckson Tada, and wanted to hear her perspective on heaven. A person in a wheelchair looks at life and death in a different way, and Joni's passion for heaven is very evident. She is looking forward to the day when she can run and swim and feel when someone embraces her.

So saying, this book didn't offer anything new for me other than Joni's unique attitude.
Samantha
It has been awhile since I read this and I plan to read it again in the next few months but I remember loving it. The normal thoughts of Heaven - about standing in front of God worshiping Him all day, streets of gold, and all that stuff sounded (well) boring. Joni Eareckson Tada gave me a new way to look at it and things to be excited about.
Allison
I did finally finish this book. I like Joni Eareckson Tada and I did actually like this book even if it wasn't super compelling and I always was picking up a different book instead of this one. Some of the things that she wrote I've been thinking about and have rather stuck with me.
Helen
This book really makes you think! I am sure that one day I will read it again. It's very well written and very interesting and inspiring.
Karen
My mom told me about this book and I loved it. It is something I have read twice and will read again.
Denese
A beautiful account of what Heaven means to her vs. her disabilty in this world.
Judy Kunce
Her lessons on life and view of eternity
Claire
This book is boring. :/
Raelee Carpenter
Raelee Carpenter marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Shay Freeman
Shay Freeman marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Evelyn A
Evelyn A marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Rhonda Wendover Moore
Rhonda Wendover Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie added it
Apr 04, 2015
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kevin Neathery
Kevin Neathery marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Path Through Suffering: Discovering the Relationship Between God's Mercy and Our Pain
  • Meeting God at Every Turn
  • The Five Silent Years of Corrie ten Boom
  • Let Prayer Change Your Life
  • The Reason for My Hope: Salvation
  • If You Will Ask: Reflections on the Power of Prayer
  • Seeing Beauty and Saying Beautifully: The Power of Poetic Effort in the Work of George Herbert, George Whitefield, and C. S. Lewis (The Swans Are Not Silent #6)
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • Craving Grace: Experience the Richness of the Gospel
  • By Searching: My Journey Through Doubt Into Faith
Previously published as Joni Eareckson
FROM WEBSITE:
A diving accident in 1967 left Mrs. Tada a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, unable to use her hands. During two years of rehabilitation, she spent long months learning how to paint with a brush between her teeth. Her high detail fine art paintings and prints are sought after and collected.
Due to her best-selling books, beginning with her autobiograp
More about Joni Eareckson Tada...
Joni: An Unforgettable Story A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty When God Weeps: Why Our Sufferings Matter to the Almighty The God I Love: A Lifetime of Walking with Jesus A Step Further: growing closer to God through hurt and hardship