Start by marking “Heaven: Your Real Home” as Want to Read:
Heaven: Your Real Home

Heaven: Your Real Home

In this devotional with excerpts from Joni's best-seller, Heaven: Finding Your True Home, you'll learn what heaven is like, who will be there, and how you can prepare your heart here on earth for the reality of heaven.
Published May 11th 2010 by Zondervan (first published October 15th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven

Steven
Apr 25, 2016 Steven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
If you think Heaven is people in white robes sitting on white clouds, singing hymns and playing harps for eternity, then you really need to read this book! Nothing on earth can compare with the beauty, color, and excitement of Heaven. (God managed to create a beautiful world for us here, didn't he? With plenty to keep us busy and interested, in spite of the FALL? Can Heaven really be something less? Of course not.)

This is the best work I've read on Heaven. Joni pulls from hundreds of other sourc
Dottie Parish
This is a beautiful, thoughtful, well written, and well researched book about Heaven as described in Scriptures. The author, Joni Eareckson Tada, is a remarkable person. She is a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, has written a number of excellent books, is a national speaker, and has a ministry to disabled individuals. She pictures heaven in vivid, insightful and glorious images.

The book is divided into three parts.
1. What Will Heaven by Like?
2. Will Heaven be Home?
3. The Journey Home.

Throughou
Revonda
Nov 02, 2015 Revonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The cover also on this book was beautiful and I understand was painted by the author Joni with her paintbrush between her teeth since she is a quadriplegic & unable to use her hands to write or paint. God has given her the talent to have done many outstanding pictures , Christmas cards that can be purchased & her talent is outstanding. Joni is such an inspiring lady that has dedicated her life completely to the ministry of Jesus Christ and helping others by not only her talents, but by ...more
Rebecca Mcneish
Jun 03, 2013 Rebecca Mcneish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally chew on this book. It sits by my chair in the book holder with my bible. I use it mostly when I need to be uplifted. As a suffering MS individual Joni Tada can put me back to reality and pull me out of self pity like no other author. "Heaven" is our real home and that makes this earthly life livable day by day.
Michael Hsu
Jun 10, 2015 Michael Hsu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
An uplifting book about mankind’s ultimate destination…an excellent read.
Mad Russian the Traveller
{Updated}
After forcing patience and repentance upon my ethical radar and into my personal circuits, I do like much of sister Joni's meditations. I am acquiring a dead-tree version of this book for my wife for reference; she had no qualms about the book. My next quest will be to analyze some of the more profound things that Joni has written/spoken because some of what I liked of her writing coincides quite well with the NT Wright book ("Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and
Alice  Wallace Roth
I've heard about this book for years and finally took the time to read it. It broadened my thoughts about what heaven is/may be like and provided a reminder that I have a purpose here on earth. My time here is temporary and I should be conscious that I am on a journey which ultimately leads to heaven. It was easy to read and while biblical, not "text-booky" in style.
Jennah
Oct 23, 2015 Jennah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
I got through half of this book and stopped reading it because I did not agree with some of the things Joni Eareckson talked about. She thinks that she will get to have coffee dates with her friends, go on hikes, and other things that we do here on earth. We won't be doing that, we will be praising and glorifying God for eternity when we go to heaven. If felt like this book is her just thinking out loud and writing it down in a book. I know there is not a lot of Scripture about heaven, but I wis ...more
Lisa Rathbun
Aug 14, 2011 Lisa Rathbun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I grew up knowing I should be excited about heaven, but it didn't always seem very interesting. So imagine my excitement when Joni expressed some of my same feelings in her first chapter! I loved that someone else had though the same things I had and had come up with excellent points to consider. We are so blessed here in America, sometimes it's hard to pull our heart away from the things of this world. But because of Joni's suffering, she has gained insight into the precious promises of heaven, ...more
Tiara
Jan 12, 2013 Tiara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book.

The majority of the reflections were interesting (though there were some I wasn't a huge fan of).
I felt that her main purpose, though she did talk a lot about what we can expect, was to show that there is divinity here and now on Earth. She wanted the reader to know that in sunsets, in words, in experiences, and especially in people he/she can see a wonderful piece of what is to come in Heaven. This was my favorite message! Find the divinity on Earth before you begin to contem
Linda
Feb 09, 2008 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone daring enough to peer into the beyond
Recommended to Linda by: saw it on Judith's shelf . . .
The two stars really don't reflect my opinion of this book. Joni is a wonderfully descriptive writer, and this book is at its best when she is sharing from her own life, or the lives of her friends. She also paints heaven with rich, concrete images, which makes this a great book for anyone who has never thought much about what heaven will be like. Although my theology doesn't line up exactly with hers, there was only one passage in the book that I vehemently disagreed with - but I'll let you rea ...more
Gayle
Sep 20, 2014 Gayle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It gave me a whole new outlook on life!
Fredia Creech
Dec 26, 2015 Fredia Creech rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't finish. Too much religious context.
Adina Pop
Apr 14, 2016 Adina Pop rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
o carte extraordinară!
Norma Peckham
Jul 05, 2016 Norma Peckham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book after my mum died as I thought more and more about heaven. Joni lifted my eyes to realities of heaven I had never really considered. What an inspiring glimpse into eternity.
However, this book is not only a comforting glimpse into the future but a real challenge to make the most of our time left on earth doing things of eternal value, as the time is short.
Given her condition (quadriplegic) there is also a challenging section on the reason for and value of suffering i
Sylvester
Jun 17, 2010 Sylvester rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I have a lot of respect for Joni Eareckson Tada, and wanted to hear her perspective on heaven. A person in a wheelchair looks at life and death in a different way, and Joni's passion for heaven is very evident. She is looking forward to the day when she can run and swim and feel when someone embraces her.

So saying, this book didn't offer anything new for me other than Joni's unique attitude.
Samantha
Apr 29, 2008 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I read this and I plan to read it again in the next few months but I remember loving it. The normal thoughts of Heaven - about standing in front of God worshiping Him all day, streets of gold, and all that stuff sounded (well) boring. Joni Eareckson Tada gave me a new way to look at it and things to be excited about.
Allison
May 10, 2012 Allison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I did finally finish this book. I like Joni Eareckson Tada and I did actually like this book even if it wasn't super compelling and I always was picking up a different book instead of this one. Some of the things that she wrote I've been thinking about and have rather stuck with me.
Helen
Jul 22, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really makes you think! I am sure that one day I will read it again. It's very well written and very interesting and inspiring.
Karen
Dec 02, 2007 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My mom told me about this book and I loved it. It is something I have read twice and will read again.
Kim
Jun 20, 2016 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kim by: lorene burton
Shelves: guideposts
I have read her book entitled JONI and it was a good book. Hoping this one will be to.
Denese
Dec 16, 2008 Denese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful account of what Heaven means to her vs. her disabilty in this world.
Judy Kunce
Oct 06, 2009 Judy Kunce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her lessons on life and view of eternity
Claire
Sep 22, 2012 Claire rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stopped-reading
This book is boring. :/
Colin Harper
Colin Harper rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2016
Shirley Whitecotton
Shirley Whitecotton rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Brent Lehman
Brent Lehman is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Ben Smith
Ben Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Janne
Janne marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
  • A Path Through Suffering: Discovering the Relationship Between God's Mercy and Our Pain
  • Meeting God at Every Turn
  • The Vision of His Glory
  • Church: Why Bother?: My Personal Pilgrimage
Previously published as Joni Eareckson
FROM WEBSITE:
A diving accident in 1967 left Mrs. Tada a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, unable to use her hands. During two years of rehabilitation, she spent long months learning how to paint with a brush between her teeth. Her high detail fine art paintings and prints are sought after and collected.
Due to her best-selling books, beginning with her autobiograp
More about Joni Eareckson Tada...