Start by marking “Los Osos Berenstain y La Ninera = The Berenstain Bears & the Babysitter” as Want to Read:
Los Osos Berenstain y La Ninera = The Berenstain Bears & the Babysitter

Los Osos Berenstain y La Ninera = The Berenstain Bears & the Babysitter (The Berenstain Bears)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  3,855 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Mom and Dad are going out, Gramps and Gran are too. Who will stay home with the cubs? Just anyone won't do... This is the series of Berenstain Bears and the Sitter.
Library Binding
Published October 1st 1999 by Turtleback Books (first published October 1st 1981)

Be the first to ask a question about Los Osos Berenstain y La Ninera = The Berenstain Bears & the Babysitter

Christina Deroche
The Berenstain Bears are some wonderful books. They teach lessons and are fun and adventurous. Children really get into some of their books. This specific book helps teach children to give a person a chance before shutting them out.

Stan and Jan Berenstain are the creators of the Berenstain Bears series of children's books. The first Berenstain Bears book, The Big Honey Hunt, was published in 1962. It quickly became a favorite book for young children that are just learning how to read. Since the
Jordan Lee
This is a story about the bears getting scared to be left alone with a new sitter who they don’t think likes them because of accidents that have happened in the past. When Ma and Pa leave for the night they end up having a lot of fun with the new sitter and they realize that she is just as nice as anyone else, they just had to give her a chance. We would use this books in our classroom to teach students that they can’t judge a book by its cover and it’s better to give people a chance than not at ...more
Cindy
I read so many Berenstain Bears books during elementary school it's ridiculous!

I rated every book that I read during childhood 5 stars.
Why? Well because that was a time in my life when I loved every single thing I read. And because they bring back fond memories. Ah, the joys of being young!
Stacey
This book is for students of all ages. It encourages students not to think the worst in situations. Sister and brother bear think they are not going to have a good time with the babysitter because of their misbehaviors in the past. Towards the end of the book they change their mind.
D'Anne
If this town meeting is do damn important that both Mama and Papa have to go and everybody else is going, why isn't Mrs. Grizzle attending?
Bethany Vines
Since I have always been a fan of The Berenstain Bears collection, I often read these books with the kids that I babysit. The Bereinstain Bears and the Sitter is a cute book that shows the bears first experience with a babysitter. At first, the bears are nervous, but in the end they learn that having a babysitter can be fun and exciting. I think that this book was a good choice for kids to read or to be read to because it is relatable to kids of many ages that may have babysitters. I think that ...more
Steve
I love reading the Berenstain Bears books to my children! Each and every one of them sends a positive message.
Adam Utehs
This book shows that children usually fear their next door neighbors and in this case the next door neighbor was going to be their baby sitter. Many children make assumptions that people do not like them like neighbors and other people who are not their parents. When kids even get their first sitters like me they are scared that these people are evil and out to get them. This book shows that these assumptions are not true and children should be more open minded. I would recommend this book for c ...more
Shacoria
Jun 25, 2011 Shacoria rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Small Children
This is the 7th Berenstain Bears book that I have read. These books are always so beautifully illustrated. This books didn't really have very much flair to it. I mean, it just sort of came and went. The parents went to a town hall meeting and left the kids with the babysitter. They were afraid of the babysitter but she turned out to be nice. THE END.
Chelsea Horton
This is a series that I read growing up. I never read this one as a child (at least I do not remember). It is a great book for kids who are scared to have their first sitter. In the book the cubs were afraid she was scary, but they ended up having a great time and she was their favorite sitter. It is adorable and a great lesson for kids.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Mama and Papa Bear, have a meeting to go to, so Brother and Sister Bear need a sitter. This will be there first time with a sitter, and they are scared that they won't like her. But as it turns out, everything ends up fine, and they like her.
Shelli
When Momma and Papa Bear get a notice about a town meeting they have a hard time finding a babysitter for Brother and Sister Bear. Everyone they know is going to the same meeting. Only Old Mrs. Grizzle seems to be available... and she is not anyone the cubs wish to spend time with.
chucklesthescot
There is a big meeting that all the adults are wanting to go to but no family members are left to look after Brother and Sister Bear. The cubs are very nervous about meeting their new sitter as they have both given her a bit of trouble in the past with their cub games.
Anne Broyles
I don’t remember this one in English, but having read it in Spanish with a young child, I liked how Brother and Sister’s feelings of insecurity and trepidation about a new babysitter are met by a strong, experienced babysitter.
Belise Michel
It is a great tool to give to parents to read with children when leaving them alone with a babysitter for the first time. It is also a great book to read in the classroom to talk about babysitters.
Megan Sewell
These books are great for families trying to teach children valuable life lessons, this one is great for letting kids know about what it is like to have a babysitter and to respect them.
Ashley
Wow... If this isn't a flash back to childhood, I don't know what is. I read this book so many times! The Berenstain Bears were a huge part of my reading list growing up!
Nataytay
I really really really enjoyed this book when I was little and teaches that you can't judge a book by it's cover! One of my favorite Berenstain Bears books!
In case we needed more proof that looks can be deceiving. Mrs. Grizzle turns out to be a terrific babysitter after all. Who'd a thunk?
angrykitty
for some reason, when i saw the malcolm in the middle where bea arthur babysits dewey, this book instantly came to mind.
Heather
I used to read these with my parents all the bloody time! Most of them were so loved that they had all fallen apart.
Shannon
"Shannon 1988." My grandma baby sat for me my whole life -- I always wondered what a baby sitter would be like...
Sally
OMG Mrs. Grizzle was just the most awesome! Looks all terrifying and scary and then was just heaps of fun :)
Kristy
One of the best Berenstain Bears books I've read...this one is just seriously cute and funny.
Lia
Some of the Berenstain Bears might be mental hygiene (like this one), but they're still good.
Aiden
A gift from Mommy. All-Time Bestselling Children's Books #115.
Thomas
"Don't be sad about people that are always mad when you do things."
Brittany
Great series of books that teach little ones important lessons.
Kayla
A good book to discuss anxiety kids might have with new babysitters
  • Arthur's Tooth  (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • Trick or Treat, Little Critter (Little Critter)
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
  • Clifford Takes A Trip
  • Where's Waldo Now?
  • Little Miss Bossy
  • In the Time of the Dinosaurs (The Magic School Bus, #6)
  • Franklin Is Lost
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to School
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears in the Dark
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Truth
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV