Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition

Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition (Lost Love #1-2)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  827 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Compilation of two bestselling novels by Karen Kingsbury.
Published December 1st 2009 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition

Carol Preston
Rating this double novel book was tricky because I'd give the first one four stars but the second three. Even Now was a good story of two young people in love who are kept apart for many years. As usual Karen Kingsbury raises real life and deep issues and issues and handles the Christian perspective sensitively but clearly; a great challenge re the power of prayer. The story has lots of twists and turns and creates great anticipation and involvement with the characters. I did find the time gap b...more
Shelbs
talk about two books that will make you cry over and over again. I actually had to put it down in order to get ahold of my emotions so i could finish it. They are two of the best books i have ever read. :)
Davina Bell
A real tear-jerker!!!! LOL! I am glad that I manage to finish the second half of Even Now. A very good story. It made me think about a lot a things, especially about the wars. As an Army wife, Mrs. Kingsbury touch on all the emotions that I encounter constantly when I support my husband. The most important thing that I absolutley agree with is that no matter what the reasons are behind the wars, we all as Americans need to support the service members!!!!!!! They need all our love, prayers, and u...more
Allison
I basically love anything written by Karen Kingsbury but this one tops my list. From the first pages of Even Now right to the last page of Ever After she had me hooked.

The characters draw you in immediately and it feels like you are a part of their lives. I've also never read anything with such a clear and different perspective on war.

I must admit though that I pretty much cried from beginning to end so if you don't want a tear-jerker, you probably don't want to read it.
Cate
Even Now is a great read. I've given it four stars. The storyline is intreging, and although I found the ending a little unusual (the circumstances surrounding Lauren's rapid departure), the author managed to make it mostly believeable.
Ever After, however, I've only given two stars. I struggled with many aspects of the story, including Emily's inability to find especially her father, but both her parents. I also struggled with the ongoing issue of the war and America's involvement in Iraq and A...more
Kristi
This is my review for Even Now;
I fell in love with this story. The characters were amazing. Lauren and Shane's love for each other was flawless, even as kids. They grew up without each other. And their child little Emily. Found them and tried to get them back together. I love it. Emily was adorable. Her character was awesome. Karen Kingsbury made a great contrast of characters.
Although it was in ways similar to one other book I read called The Chance. But I overly enjoyed both books.
This book...more
Angela
I was going to give this 2 stars because of its predictability. But I moved it to three because I felt the author did a great job at describing what the characters were feeling toward the end of the book. And I'm a sucker for love-stories.
Allyson
This was a really good, tender read. It has a strong Christian element to it which I liked. The whole thing was great. It's a tear jerker!
Kayley Ryan
So, I'm not usually a sucker for romance, but this was pretty good. Knowing Karen Kingsbury, I had a feeling I would really enjoy these books, but now I can see why. She has such a beautiful talent for describing what happens in this book that you can actually begin to understand what the characters are feeling even if you don't have any experiences similar to theirs. And if you do, Karen hits spot on with the emotions in this book. It is truly beautiful and inspiring. And it's a book that many...more
Nikki Stark
It was very interesting... Had me on the edge of my seat the whole way....
Emma Melldén
Cried trough the last 100 pages or so. Fantastic, but a little patriotic. Hence the four stars and not five.
Lauren
Loretta
Frankly, I think this book is worth 6 stars. I do sometimes have a tear in my eye, when reading a moving story, but this one almost had me weeping. And no, I'm not going to tell you which of the two stories in this blockbuster had that effect on me, you'll have to read it and see for yourself.

I've read many, but not all, of Karen's books. Some story lines don't appeal to me, and I only read the ones I expect to enjoy. This one is beautiful.

Wendy Dawn
Wow, these two books were exceptional. Among Kingsbury's best works. Both reads are an emotional ride full of tragedy and triumph, love and heart break. Ultimately, Kingsbury pays tribute to America's soldiers while exploring peace, not world peace, but the peace of God which passes all understanding.

I highly recommend this to Kingsbury fans or women who have not yet discovered this amazing writer.
Michele
These were my first 2 Karen Kingsbury books and i will definitely be checking out more by this author. Emotional, inspiring, thought-provoking. I cried so much reading Ever After.... but sometimes those are exactly the kinds of books that I need.
I would definitely recommend Even Now and Ever After... but have your tissues ready!
Dorel
Totally loved this book and nice to have the sequel right in the same volume. Discusses the difficult question of how can war be right very intelligently. Love the character development and how even in the most heartbreaking circumstances, God walks with them through it all.
Heather
this book was at first what I would place in my top 10. even now was great and ever after was great at first also. then, a specific event happens toward the end of ever after that ruins the whole book. this book went from being an amazing book to a waste of time.
Alli Lee
Kerri
Michelle
I actually only read Even Now. I really enjoyed the story. I took it back to the library before ready Ever After. The double book is so thick that it makes it hard for me to hang onto.
Rachel
I read the book quickly and enjoyed it, I liked Ever After more but it seamed too predictable, and sometimes forced. It did pull me in, but not the best book I've read.
Elisabeth
Oh, my! This book (or rather, these books) are awesome. Warning: you may find yourself reading whilst tears run down your cheeks.
Michelle
I have read this book at least twice. I cry, I laugh and I cry some more. No wonder Karen Kingsbury is my favorite author!
Teanne
These two books were so good! They made me feel so many emotions. I flew through the book bc I couldn't put it down.
Jennica
I loved this book! It is one of my favorites. It made me cry, and that is a rarity. It was just really, really good.
Kaylee Brimmer
This book is a tear jerker. By far my favorite book(s)....ever!
Evinda Lepins
Awesome! Was sad to read the last page..... wanted more!
Terri
I always like the series together better than apart!
Constance
The best books I think I have ever read!!!!!
  • Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)
  • Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary #1)
  • Plain Promise (Daughters of the Promise, #3)
  • In Name Only (O'Donovan Family)
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
  • The Oak Leaves (The Oak Leaves #1)
  • Until Forever
  • Not a Sparrow Falls (Second Chances Collection, #1)
  • From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
  • Undaunted Love
  • An Angel by Her Side (Heaven On Earth #3)
  • Everybody's Daughter
  • A Heart Deceived
  • Amish Prayers: Heartfelt Expressions of Humility, Gratitude, and Devotion
  • The Designer Bag at the Garbage Dump
  • Long Time Coming
  • Tangled Ashes
  • Echoes (The Michelli Family Series #3)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)