Start by marking “Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition” as Want to Read:
Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition

Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition (Lost Love #1-2)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  1,079 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Compilation of two bestselling novels by Karen Kingsbury.
Published December 1st 2009 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Even Now / Ever After Compilation Limited Edition

Carol Preston
Rating this double novel book was tricky because I'd give the first one four stars but the second three. Even Now was a good story of two young people in love who are kept apart for many years. As usual Karen Kingsbury raises real life and deep issues and issues and handles the Christian perspective sensitively but clearly; a great challenge re the power of prayer. The story has lots of twists and turns and creates great anticipation and involvement with the characters. I did find the time gap b ...more
Shelbs
talk about two books that will make you cry over and over again. I actually had to put it down in order to get ahold of my emotions so i could finish it. They are two of the best books i have ever read. :)
Davina Bell
A real tear-jerker!!!! LOL! I am glad that I manage to finish the second half of Even Now. A very good story. It made me think about a lot a things, especially about the wars. As an Army wife, Mrs. Kingsbury touch on all the emotions that I encounter constantly when I support my husband. The most important thing that I absolutley agree with is that no matter what the reasons are behind the wars, we all as Americans need to support the service members!!!!!!! They need all our love, prayers, and u ...more
Riarna
I L.o.v.e.d This book ! Probably one of my most favorite books I have EVER read. I'm a young teen girl, 15, and I simply couldn't put it down. It really spoke to me in a personal way, and it brought me to tears throughout the whole book so many many times. Its about a girl called Lauren who falls in love with her best friend, Shane. Their families are close friends, but one day that all changes because of the one mistake so many make in this modern generation, which is why I loved this book. It ...more
Allison
I basically love anything written by Karen Kingsbury but this one tops my list. From the first pages of Even Now right to the last page of Ever After she had me hooked.

The characters draw you in immediately and it feels like you are a part of their lives. I've also never read anything with such a clear and different perspective on war.

I must admit though that I pretty much cried from beginning to end so if you don't want a tear-jerker, you probably don't want to read it.
Cate
Even Now is a great read. I've given it four stars. The storyline is intreging, and although I found the ending a little unusual (the circumstances surrounding Lauren's rapid departure), the author managed to make it mostly believeable.
Ever After, however, I've only given two stars. I struggled with many aspects of the story, including Emily's inability to find especially her father, but both her parents. I also struggled with the ongoing issue of the war and America's involvement in Iraq and A
Kristi
This is my review for Even Now;
I fell in love with this story. The characters were amazing. Lauren and Shane's love for each other was flawless, even as kids. They grew up without each other. And their child little Emily. Found them and tried to get them back together. I love it. Emily was adorable. Her character was awesome. Karen Kingsbury made a great contrast of characters.
Although it was in ways similar to one other book I read called The Chance. But I overly enjoyed both books.
This book
WOW! What a highly emotional story Karen Kingsbury wrote! Lauren, Shane and their families were really close. Growing up they did everything together. Their parents saw them getting married someday. At seventeen, they had to break the news that no parents want to hear. They were going to have a baby. What to do? Their parents friendship is shattered. What happens next is heartache!!!
Lori Roberts
Very emotional, and will take you on a teary ride! Having been in the miltitary, and also my husband was in the military it adds to the emotions. I like this edition, having both books together. However, overall, it was difficult to make it through the whole thing because the predictability made it much lessinteresting for me.
Jan Chancey
PRAISE

With tears streaming down my face I say Praise God for you Karen. This story needs to be heard by our US leaders. If I could afford it and I thought they would read it I would buy a copy for every member of Congress. Thank you for allowing God to use your voice!!
Ila
I enjoyed reading this very inspirational book. The characters were very human, selfish at times, giving and learning about themselves and one another at other times - maturing. It is a book about learning to trust in God but is not "preachy" at all.
Angela
I was going to give this 2 stars because of its predictability. But I moved it to three because I felt the author did a great job at describing what the characters were feeling toward the end of the book. And I'm a sucker for love-stories.
Christine Williams
This author is so talented. I never wanted to put my book down because you get so wrapped up in the story and are rooting for the characters. The second book had me in tears but touches your heart at such a deep level.
Allyson
This was a really good, tender read. It has a strong Christian element to it which I liked. The whole thing was great. It's a tear jerker!
Elli Scrivner
I really enjoyed these stories. The characters really drew me in - so much so that I was sad when I finished the book.
Kayley Ryan
So, I'm not usually a sucker for romance, but this was pretty good. Knowing Karen Kingsbury, I had a feeling I would really enjoy these books, but now I can see why. She has such a beautiful talent for describing what happens in this book that you can actually begin to understand what the characters are feeling even if you don't have any experiences similar to theirs. And if you do, Karen hits spot on with the emotions in this book. It is truly beautiful and inspiring. And it's a book that many ...more
Nikki Stark
It was very interesting... Had me on the edge of my seat the whole way....
Barb Blasch
As always, Karen Kingsbury makes me laugh and cry. This was a beautiful story.
Karen Schaser
I liked the first book, Even Now, better than Ever After. Both are predictable Christian fiction. I needed a break from reading books where people did not have hope.
Emma Melldén
Cried trough the last 100 pages or so. Fantastic, but a little patriotic. Hence the four stars and not five.
Lauren
Great story. Sad, but lovely!
Loretta
Frankly, I think this book is worth 6 stars. I do sometimes have a tear in my eye, when reading a moving story, but this one almost had me weeping. And no, I'm not going to tell you which of the two stories in this blockbuster had that effect on me, you'll have to read it and see for yourself.

I've read many, but not all, of Karen's books. Some story lines don't appeal to me, and I only read the ones I expect to enjoy. This one is beautiful.

Wendy Dawn
Wow, these two books were exceptional. Among Kingsbury's best works. Both reads are an emotional ride full of tragedy and triumph, love and heart break. Ultimately, Kingsbury pays tribute to America's soldiers while exploring peace, not world peace, but the peace of God which passes all understanding.

I highly recommend this to Kingsbury fans or women who have not yet discovered this amazing writer.
Michele
These were my first 2 Karen Kingsbury books and i will definitely be checking out more by this author. Emotional, inspiring, thought-provoking. I cried so much reading Ever After.... but sometimes those are exactly the kinds of books that I need.
I would definitely recommend Even Now and Ever After... but have your tissues ready!
Dorel
Totally loved this book and nice to have the sequel right in the same volume. Discusses the difficult question of how can war be right very intelligently. Love the character development and how even in the most heartbreaking circumstances, God walks with them through it all.
Heather
this book was at first what I would place in my top 10. even now was great and ever after was great at first also. then, a specific event happens toward the end of ever after that ruins the whole book. this book went from being an amazing book to a waste of time.
Alli Lee
  • Plain Living (The Diary #1)
  • Never Without Hope (Sacred Vows, #1)
  • In Name Only
  • Redbud Corner
  • Emerald Fire (The Jewel Trilogy #2)
  • Everybody's Daughter
  • Livvie's Song (River of Hope, #1)
  • Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • Things Pondered: From the Heart of a Lesser Woman
  • Beyond the Waves (Pacific Shores #1)
  • Long Time Coming
  • Sins of the Father
  • Love Comes to Paradise (The New Beginnings, #2)
  • Past Forward-A Serial Novel: Volume I (Past Forward, #1-5)
  • A Log Cabin Christmas Collection
  • The Glory of Green (Green #3)
  • The Courtship of Carol Sommars (Silhouette Special Edition, No. 606)
  • The Solitary Envoy (Heirs of Acadia, #1)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...

Lost Love (2 books)
  • Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1)
  • Ever After (Lost Love Series, #2)
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)