Start by marking “Bliss” as Want to Read:
Bliss

Bliss

Lock the door and get ready to follow your bliss...

Kara is a sex columnist who believes lovemaking is a natural physical function and nothing more. When she meets a J.M - a Tantra master who thinks sex is the way to reach a higher spiritual plane - she thinks he's whacked. But when he volunteers to tutor her in the ancient sensual arts and show her what Tantra is all about
Published June 15th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bliss

Jane Stewart
Sex scenes needed more emotional development. Tantra sex ideas were interesting. Heroine was disappointing.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
It felt like most of the book consisted of sex scenes, but the actual page count puts them at about 34%. Kara was ok in the beginning, but by the end of the book, I didn’t like her. She was like a selfish kid in a candy store. She meets JM and has amazing sex with him. Then she says can we do it with two men? Then she wants to do it with more than two men. Then she wants
jenjn79
Not the best I've read by Opal Carew but not the worst either.

Series Note:
This book is a follow up to Carew's book Blush in that it continues the story of Tantra expert, J.M. I don't think you have to have read Blush first. It's been ages since I read it and I don't remember much and this one read okay. But it can't hurt to read Blush first.

Summary:
Kara Spencer is a sex columnist heading to a sex conference where her editor has asked her to interview Tantra expert Jeremy "J.M." Smith. Kara might
LaFleurBleue
Not bad but not really good either
I liked that for once the heroine willing to discover all her fantasies was not a blushing virgin or close to one and that she showed some hesitations a few moments in time.
The hero on the other hand looked a bit too perfect to be real.
What let me down is that, as often in erotica, I did not get when or more especially how the hero and heroine could fall in love with each other. It just so happened and I just so did not buy it ;(
Regarding the steamy scenes, the
Joy Boutwell
Mar 07, 2017 Joy Boutwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bliss by Opal Carew is a must read. Kara and JM are great. I didn't like how Quinn was invited and then just took over. But in the end it all worked out. The sex scenes as usual with Opal's books are excellent.
Lokki
If all you are looking for are steamy scenes, Bliss, the latest offering by Carew, delivers the heat (although pretty much 'been there done that, nothing really new). If you are looking for a romantic plot you might want to look elsewhere. That's mainly because there is hardly any plot at all. I usually say that the difference between romance and erotica, beside the fact that erotica is steamier (although with the new genre 'Romantica' that's changing), is that romance has a plot with maybe some ...more
Amy
Jun 19, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I want to say the Story summary on the book, is very misleading. From the summary, I was expecting the story to be a bit more about these two exploring Tantra, and this "spiritual Plane" they discover, and how it could be great sex for a couple, but really the Summary should have said:
Kara is a sex columnist who is on her way to an important Sex Conference, to interview Jeremy Smith-a Tantra master who thinks sex is the way to reach a higher plane. But while awaiting her flight she meet
Ilene
Jun 20, 2013 Ilene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stand-alone
Was it a gripping story line? Nope. Was the story realistic? Maybe in an alternative universe. I get being open minded and trying new things but in this story it seemed a bit much. They both could have used a bit more backbone.
Kara a sex columnist meets J.M on an airplane on the way to a sex seminar. He is a tantric sex expert but does not represent himself as such. They are stranded & decide to spend the night together then go their separate ways. But it doesn't end there. He puts her sexua
Karen111
Aug 08, 2016 Karen111 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although I usually one-star a DNF, I face this two stars purely because it's the first erotic novel (out of hundreds I've read) that's been about tantric sex.

Unfortunately I didn't like the female character, Kara. She was very skittish for a grown woman, and yet she oozed sexual confidence when she was actually having sex. A bit of a contradictory character.

I love spirituality and do energy healing (although I haven't tried tantra - yet!!!), so I could relate to the book's terminology, but I f
Tracy
Aug 11, 2010 Tracy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
This was my first book by Opal Carew. The reviews seemed mostly positive for it so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try.

I LOVED JM as a character. He was fabulous and in my mind a well rounded character.

I like Kara at first and as the book continued I slowly started to dislike her.

There were plenty of sex scenes in the book to keep readers that like them them entertained, but I started to cringe inside whenever they came up because I felt bad for JM. He really loves Kara and 80% of the
Regina
May 28, 2012 Regina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tantra sex was supposed to be the premise of this story but a good portion of the plot focused on JM fulfilling Kara's sexual fantasies of menage, sex with a stranger, and dominance. Even though JM instantly knew Kara was his perfect woman, there wasn't a whole lot of romance. A big plus was that JM practiced his universal energy beliefs in his regular life, not just during sex. However, while the sex was fun, there wasn't much else beyond it making it a somewhat unsatisfying read. 3.5 stars.
Kay Lee
At the airport on her way to a sex conference, Kara, a sex columnist meets and flirts with a handsome stranger. They share a passionate night and go their separate ways.

To her shock, they meet again at the sex conference. JM, her one night stand, turns out to be Jeremy, the Tantric sex expert she is supposed to interview.

Very enjoyable read. I would actually rate this 3.5 stars. I love that Kara is able to explore various fantasies with JM's help.
Paige
Aug 30, 2010 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
A pretty good effort by Opal Carew. The "hero" was a bit too wimpy for me, but I wasn't unhappy that the main character ended up with him. As with all Opal Carew books, the sex was amazing. (Has she ever written a book that doesn't have at least one group-s*x scene in it? Not that I'm complaining: I love it!)
Kim
I wasn't a fan of the Tantra part of this, which seemed like it was all of it. gave me flashbacks of alternative energy medicine that my previous job used to force me to learn and do to pts and it was a nightmare. I just couldn't see past the woowoo part of the book to read and enjoy much else of it.
Daniela
Jan 31, 2012 Daniela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
New Author for me. Story was ok. Some menage and four-some. I enjoyed reading about the Tantra techniques however the story was a little too much "throw in sex scene after sex scene" for me. I did not feel like it built characters enough to get how they grew closer and were meant for each other....I might try another book by author but most are menage or multiple partners....not my thing.
Michelle
Oct 31, 2011 Michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cold sex only. No emotional connection and for a Master he should have had her hooked from the word go. And who mets and takes each others word about being clean or clear of disease and has unprotected sex??????
Mahlet
Jun 01, 2010 Mahlet marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
I skipped Six based on the reviews...and then Forbidden Heat since it involved characters from Six. But I loved Swing, and also Opal Carew's tantric-related book, Blush, so I'm really optimistic about this one.
Tracey
Aug 18, 2011 Tracey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
It was too short, not enough time for the characters to fall in love especially with so many other "distractions".
Karsyn
A good erotica with all different kinds of situations going on.
Christine
Starts fast and ends suddenly, but a good smut story.
Trigger warnings: Contains group sex, m/m, and simulated abduction
Conney Cerdena
the book is REALLY SEXY and so HOT!!

Pamela
Feb 13, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 3.5
Kara
Apr 07, 2012 Kara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. Nothing special. I didn't like the main characters because they felt forced. JM wasn't terrible.
Jenniffer
research for work... pretty good story, nicely written
Isabelle
Apr 23, 2014 Isabelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
verry good...
Erin

Glenna Taylor
Jun 19, 2010 Glenna Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story
Kelly
Oct 26, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Hot damn I'm loving this book.
Lindsey
I like the book up until the last 40 pages and then it just lost something.
Deanna
Jul 24, 2014 Deanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
By far my least favourite Opal Carew book I've read thus far. There was no character development. Poorly written, I found this book to be very boring and repetitive.
  • Show Me The Ropes (Lothario, #2)
  • Menagerie
  • Bare Seduction (Bare Love, #3)
  • Full Exposure
  • Luck Be a Lady (West Investigations, #2)
  • Total Surrender
  • Skin Deep
  • The Darker Side of Pleasure
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • Primal Pursuit (Primal Attractions, #2)
  • Dakota Heat, Volume 1 (Her Dakota Men: Dakota Ranch Crude)
  • Smooth Operator
  • Subjugated (Politically Incorrect, #2)
  • Wedding Favors (Mortal, #3; Berkley Heat, #4)
  • Lisa's Gift
  • Past Midnight (DeKnight, #1)
  • Trouble (Dungeon #2)
  • Erotic Research (Black and White Collection, #1)
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...