Start by marking “Bliss” as Want to Read:
Bliss

Bliss

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  481 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Lock the door and get ready to follow your bliss...

Kara is a sex columnist who believes lovemaking is a natural physical function and nothing more. When she meets a J.M - a Tantra master who thinks sex is the way to reach a higher spiritual plane - she thinks he's whacked. But when he volunteers to tutor her in the ancient sensual arts and show her what Tantra is all about
Published June 15th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bliss

Jane Stewart
Sex scenes needed more emotional development. Tantra sex ideas were interesting. Heroine was disappointing.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
It felt like most of the book consisted of sex scenes, but the actual page count puts them at about 34%. Kara was ok in the beginning, but by the end of the book, I didn’t like her. She was like a selfish kid in a candy store. She meets JM and has amazing sex with him. Then she says can we do it with two men? Then she wants to do it with more than two men. Then she wants
jenjn79
Not the best I've read by Opal Carew but not the worst either.

Series Note:
This book is a follow up to Carew's book Blush in that it continues the story of Tantra expert, J.M. I don't think you have to have read Blush first. It's been ages since I read it and I don't remember much and this one read okay. But it can't hurt to read Blush first.

Summary:
Kara Spencer is a sex columnist heading to a sex conference where her editor has asked her to interview Tantra expert Jeremy "J.M." Smith. Kara might
LaFleurBleue
Not bad but not really good either
I liked that for once the heroine willing to discover all her fantasies was not a blushing virgin or close to one and that she showed some hesitations a few moments in time.
The hero on the other hand looked a bit too perfect to be real.
What let me down is that, as often in erotica, I did not get when or more especially how the hero and heroine could fall in love with each other. It just so happened and I just so did not buy it ;(
Regarding the steamy scenes, the
Lokki
If all you are looking for are steamy scenes, Bliss, the latest offering by Carew, delivers the heat (although pretty much 'been there done that, nothing really new). If you are looking for a romantic plot you might want to look elsewhere. That's mainly because there is hardly any plot at all. I usually say that the difference between romance and erotica, beside the fact that erotica is steamier (although with the new genre 'Romantica' that's changing), is that romance has a plot with maybe some ...more
Amy
First, I want to say the Story summary on the book, is very misleading. From the summary, I was expecting the story to be a bit more about these two exploring Tantra, and this "spiritual Plane" they discover, and how it could be great sex for a couple, but really the Summary should have said:
Kara is a sex columnist who is on her way to an important Sex Conference, to interview Jeremy Smith-a Tantra master who thinks sex is the way to reach a higher plane. But while awaiting her flight she meet
Kim
I wasn't a fan of the Tantra part of this, which seemed like it was all of it. gave me flashbacks of alternative energy medicine that my previous job used to force me to learn and do to pts and it was a nightmare. I just couldn't see past the woowoo part of the book to read and enjoy much else of it.
Ilene
Was it a gripping story line? Nope. Was the story realistic? Maybe in an alternative universe. I get being open minded and trying new things but in this story it seemed a bit much. They both could have used a bit more backbone.
Kara a sex columnist meets J.M on an airplane on the way to a sex seminar. He is a tantric sex expert but does not represent himself as such. They are stranded & decide to spend the night together then go their separate ways. But it doesn't end there. He puts her sexua
Tracy
This was my first book by Opal Carew. The reviews seemed mostly positive for it so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try.

I LOVED JM as a character. He was fabulous and in my mind a well rounded character.

I like Kara at first and as the book continued I slowly started to dislike her.

There were plenty of sex scenes in the book to keep readers that like them them entertained, but I started to cringe inside whenever they came up because I felt bad for JM. He really loves Kara and 80% of the
Dee
Very quick read, but ehhh on the relationship development
JC
It's seems unrealistic
Regina
Tantra sex was supposed to be the premise of this story but a good portion of the plot focused on JM fulfilling Kara's sexual fantasies of menage, sex with a stranger, and dominance. Even though JM instantly knew Kara was his perfect woman, there wasn't a whole lot of romance. A big plus was that JM practiced his universal energy beliefs in his regular life, not just during sex. However, while the sex was fun, there wasn't much else beyond it making it a somewhat unsatisfying read. 3.5 stars.
Daniela
New Author for me. Story was ok. Some menage and four-some. I enjoyed reading about the Tantra techniques however the story was a little too much "throw in sex scene after sex scene" for me. I did not feel like it built characters enough to get how they grew closer and were meant for each other....I might try another book by author but most are menage or multiple partners....not my thing.
Paige
A pretty good effort by Opal Carew. The "hero" was a bit too wimpy for me, but I wasn't unhappy that the main character ended up with him. As with all Opal Carew books, the sex was amazing. (Has she ever written a book that doesn't have at least one group-s*x scene in it? Not that I'm complaining: I love it!)
Mahlet
Jun 01, 2010 Mahlet marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
I skipped Six based on the reviews...and then Forbidden Heat since it involved characters from Six. But I loved Swing, and also Opal Carew's tantric-related book, Blush, so I'm really optimistic about this one.
Michelle
Cold sex only. No emotional connection and for a Master he should have had her hooked from the word go. And who mets and takes each others word about being clean or clear of disease and has unprotected sex??????
Darvina
I think that there are some scene I would defiantly do and others I would not from this book. It was a good book, I liked how she explored but I also wanted more if the relationship with J.M
Christine
Starts fast and ends suddenly, but a good smut story.
Trigger warnings: Contains group sex, m/m, and simulated abduction
Tracey
It was too short, not enough time for the characters to fall in love especially with so many other "distractions".
Kara
It was ok. Nothing special. I didn't like the main characters because they felt forced. JM wasn't terrible.
Lindsey
I like the book up until the last 40 pages and then it just lost something.
Karsyn
A good erotica with all different kinds of situations going on.
Limecello
Really a 2.5 ... extremely hot but not so much a believable romance
Jenniffer
research for work... pretty good story, nicely written
Conney Cerdena
the book is REALLY SEXY and so HOT!!

Wendy Biernaskie
Just another erotic thriller ...
Kelly
Hot damn I'm loving this book.
Glenna Taylor
Really enjoyed this story
  • Full Exposure
  • Menagerie
  • Luck Be a Lady (West Investigations, #2)
  • Bare Seduction (Bare Love, #3)
  • The Darker Side of Pleasure
  • Past Midnight (DeKnight, #1)
  • Skin Deep
  • Clay (Armed and Dangerous, #4)
  • Relentless (Federation Chronicles, #2)
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • Savannah's Vision  (Corralled #1)
  • Bound, Branded, & Brazen
  • Lisa's Gift
  • Marvin and the Three Bears
  • Subjugated (Politically Incorrect, #2)
  • Long Road Home
  • Body Master (The Body, #1)
  • Sweet Dreams
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...