Start by marking “Eat Right in a Modern Life: Gizi Bagi Jiwa” as Want to Read:
Eat Right in a Modern Life: Gizi Bagi Jiwa
Preview

Eat Right in a Modern Life: Gizi Bagi Jiwa

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Masalah obesitas dan pencernaan pada orang dewasa dan anak-anak meningkat secara tajam dewasa ini. Akan tetapi, jawabannya tidaklah hanya dengan menerapkan program diet. Makanan sehat bukan berarti diet kilat, melainkan sebuah perjalanan seumur hidup.

Selain merupakan perpaduan sempurna dari inspirasi dan saran praktis, buku ini juga berisi petunjuk dasar dalam memilih maka
Published by PT Buana Ilmu Populer (first published March 17th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Eat Right in a Modern Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat Right in a Modern Life

Heather
If you need some pep talk for your soul, this book might do the trick. However, its main point, actual FOOD nourishment guidelines for your soul, was a bit extreme for me. I am not interested in testing her postulation that grains combined with proteins/fats are the hardest combination to digest and should therefore be avoided! I am not interested in cleansing myself by eating only veggies and fruits for a week. However, I will give her this: she is right to emphasize the need to listen to your ...more
Fedora
One of my favorite books of all time. Really teaches you about the connection of food and body.
Jillian
This book describes a dietary cleanse, the goal of which is to purify the body and spirit. I have not actually done the cleanse, so this review should be taken with a grain of salt for now.

I wish I'd skipped the first chapter. The point is to describe why the cleanse is a good thing that people should do. I do not need this motivation - I already think cleanses are good. The language in this book is also very floofy. I'll look up a random sentence now: "When you're aligned with your spirit, your
Elisa
I already knew alot of the stuff in this book, so i skimmed over some of it and then read some chapters.
I reall liked that it was written from her own experiences (she works in the nutrition field) and I love that she wants you to listen to your body. Not everything works for everyone and all of our bodies change over time. Also she talks about NOT DIETING. She approaches it from the perspective of feeding your body AND mind.
Also there are recipes at the end, although I dont see myself making t
Casey
I enjoyed the book but I was hoping for a slightly more scientific study based analysis of processed foods and what they are doing to the body. This book has a much more spiritual focus on nourishment and what that actually means for a person as whole, not just nutritionally. I may still try the cleanse to see how it makes me feel. Overall a little too new age spiritualism for my taste, but if that's what you are looking for it's a great book.
Cindywho
I really love the idea of this book - mindfulness and nutrition. Unfortunately, there was just enough new-agey psychobabble and testimonials to get on my nerves. There was some good information in it about healthy food and food combinations (remarkably similar to some ayurvedic principles - unattributed) and the cleansing instructions seemed sane, including healthy foods and flexibility. The recipes didn't look too bad either.
Bea Bolinger
It started out so good with the whole nourishing verses consuming, and again I want to eat locally, buy seasonally blah blah and this book is seven years old but she spends half the text repeating herself and a good half of the book talking about cleansing - yknow extreem fasting, I don't care how else you lable it but its not for me. I just wnat to learn how to feed myself for the next 100 years...
Vanessa
I'm giving this four stars because it's the only book I've picked up so far that deals with food and spirituality. it's not kooky, although a big part of the book is about fasting. Fasting, to be honest, freaks me out but this book advocates eating just veggies for a week or so.

Lots of neat ideas, I need to re-read. there are also recipes that I've yet to look over.
Shana
This is a nice primer on mindful eating with a cleanse I've been dying to try, but I'm going to wait until I wean the baby (don't need all of those toxins coming out in the breast milk). The cleanse recipes are all eastern and Mediterranean in origin, and though I'm not big on Asian food, there is plenty here that appeals to me.
Heidi
Transformational Nourishment...Eating vs. Feeding, Who are you Feeding? If the Buddah came to dinner at your home, what would you serve?...Chances are you'd feed your honored guest a delicious meal prepared with love and care. But the next time you have dinner, what will you eat? This is a really great book.
Margaret
Feb 24, 2010 Margaret rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those interested in embracing a Pollan-esque plant heavy diet
Recommended to Margaret by: My Sister
I found many of her ideas interesting (and others less so). She offers new perspectives on eating that I found useful in considering my own relation to food. I think most people would walk away from this book with a few useful thoughts. There are also some tasty recipes in the back.
Mellissa
A spiritual journey into the concept of 'nourishment'. It's an opportunity to change the way that we perceive the food that we fix and learn how to build health from the most simple of practices. This is one that I will definitely buy for my bookshelf. AND recipes are included! YUM!
Annie
This was very interesting and I think I will enjoy the recipes in the back of the book. I'm not sure if I completely buy all of this spiritual nourishment stuff, but I think that she has an interesting approach to eating. I look forward to experimenting with her suggestions.
Lee-ann Dyke
The book places emphasis on caring for yourself. A good message! There a few times I thought ideas were explained for too long. But the underlying point was always very true. A good cleanse plan and great recipes.
Rebecca Thompson
this book is about nourishment - in every sense of the word. I learned about my relationship with food and the impact my life has had on my ability to nourish myself with awareness, openness and life-giving care.
Karin
Interesting comments on nourishment and different ways of determining what nourishes you. A very easy read and written in a way that gently introduces you to the concept of nourishment (vs. dieting).
This book will teach you how to treat yourself right. And in essence, know yourself (through your desires and needs). I only lament that my breath smells like tea more than anything else now.
Kelly
Nov 03, 2008 Kelly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone into simple food... anyone!
Made me think about how vital foods are in having a balanced life. how we fuel are bodies is a reflection of how we nourish ourselves. goooooooood book.
tami
I agree with her on almost everything. I may use just a few word replacements, but I may just have to buy my own copy and highlight half of it.
Cathy
It was good. As long as I come away with something @ finish the book it's good.
Cindy
"I really love the idea of this book - mindfulness and nutrition. Unfortunately
Hardiansyah
Makan yang transformational ... dan makan yang tidak emosional :)
cool book ...
Lida
Jan 27, 2008 Lida rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lida by: Yunah
This book could use a bit of editing but the message and recipes are great.
Katie Aschero
May 05, 2009 Katie Aschero is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
loving this book so far and I've only read the intro so far!
Bridget
There is a right time in everyone's life to read this book.
Gooberpie
My favorite cleanse book. The only one that makes sense.
Lucy
Apr 06, 2008 Lucy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i'm loving this book so far... more when i'm done.
Karen Aleta
Try the Festive Lentils recipe, it's amazing!
Alex
how to nourish myself more fully
Keith
Jul 15, 2009 Keith is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Gaining a better understanding of our relationship and food. Very very interesting.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Millennium Cookbook: Extraordinary Vegetarian Cuisine
  • The Savory Way
  • Becoming Vegetarian: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Vegetarian Diet
  • Almost Vegetarian: A Primer for Cooks Who Are Eating Vegetarian Most of the Time, Chicken & Fish Some of the Time, & Altogether Well All of the Time
  • Whole Foods for the Whole Family: La Leche League International Cookbook
  • Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure
  • The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes
  • Juiceman's Power of Juicing
  • Frugal Gourmet Cooks with Wine
  • Stalking the Healthful Herbs
  • The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality
  • Cook Right 4 Your Type: The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type
  • 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make, Healthy Meals for Everyone
  • The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook
  • The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook: Delicious Dairy-Free Cheeses and Classic "Uncheese" Dishes
  • Tassajara Cooking
  • The Rough Guide to the Brain
  • The Tao of Sexology: The Book of Infinite Wisdom
Halé Sofia Schatz, nourishment educator and consultant, has focused on cultivating the essential correlation between nourishment, health, and spiritual awareness since 1975. With a degree in psychology and training in both Eastern and Western approaches to health, nutrition, and well-being, Hale Sofia Schatz Halé offers a multi-disciplinary perspective that respects the individual’s unique needs. ...more
More about Hale Sofia Schatz...