Start by marking “How to Grow a Dinosaur” as Want to Read:
How to Grow a Dinosaur

How to Grow a Dinosaur

When Albie helps his mum in the garden by planting some seeds, he can't quite believe his eyes the next morning. The garden has grown beyond all belief and these are not just any old plants - oh, no - Albie's plants have grown into great big dinosaurs!
Published March 1st 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's

To ask other readers questions about How to Grow a Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Grow a Dinosaur

Kurtlu
Nov 22, 2015 Kurtlu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cocuk-edebiyatı
geçen gün erika bartos'un, ışık'ın kütüphanesinde bulunan birkaç kitabını değerlendirmiştim. maalesef hiçbiri 5 yıldızı hak etmiyor. tamam, küçük böceklerin çizimleri oldukça sevimli ve sade, hikayeler arkadaşlık, yardımlaşma, sevgi, saygı gibi kavramları aşılamayı hedefliyor ama yaratıcılık kısmını sorguladığınızda bazen vasatın da altında kalıyorlar. ama bu kitap öyle mi? küçük bir anaokulu çocuğu gibi a harfini uzata uzata hayır diyorum. çünkü bu kitap müthiş! sıradan başlayan hikayemiz, sonr ...more
Annabel Hall
Nov 08, 2015 Annabel Hall rated it really liked it
Before I left my job at a local nursery to go to university, I bought this book for the children in the preschool class and I can't count the number of times we read it. I know it word for word and still love it! A great picture book, particularly for dinosaur lovers.
Jennie
Mar 16, 2015 Jennie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teaching
I read this book to a nursery class while thinking about the theme/topic of growing. Because we had been talking about seeds and growth the children were really engaged and the book provoked lots of conversation.

Albie is a boy whose Mum ropes him into some gardening and asks him to plant some seeds. Albie does and when he wakes up the next morning something wild has grown! And when he goes exploring he finds some interesting things!

This is a lovely story with some beautiful illustrations. It en
Kathleen Dixon
Jun 04, 2013 Kathleen Dixon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s, dinosaurs
James is particularly interested in dinosaurs (as are so many boys and girls) and so we're studying them at the moment. He chose this and two other books today to read and respond to. For this he drew two pictures - one of the tyrannosaurus and stegosaurus fighting, and the other of the jungle that grows outside Albie's bedroom window. James' artwork is quite minimalist (slapdash, one might say) - I guess he's illustrating key points rather than the whole story. He said, "I like that the tyranno ...more
Pranav
Jan 10, 2015 Pranav rated it it was amazing
Albie's mother asked Albie to sprinkle some seeds. Next day it was a jungle outside his home. He got chased by a T-Rex, he got picked up by a Pterodactyl, he fed them some Jelly Beans. The T-Rex chomped the branch Albie was in. Albie's adventure was so cool and I liked the ending (about magic seeds).

I have read this book many times.
Apr 10, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Had to share for my son! I got him this book for easter and I haven read it cover to cover not joking maybe 20 times :-s

Its very good, sometimes I wonder how children understand stories that sometimes adults dont!

Illustrations are beautiful though and he loves looking through :)
Danie Cutter
May 27, 2012 Danie Cutter rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I thought not bad but little miss loves it, she only got it yesterday and I've had to read it 4 times already today!
Melekser Bayraktar
Pearson yayınları çocuklar için cidden çok güzel kitaplar basıyorlar.Oğlumun şu sıra(3buçuk yaşında)en sevdiği kitaplardan.Resimler harika.
val kennedy
val kennedy rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2016
Robert Hart
Robert Hart rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Aoife Blood
Aoife Blood rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Paromita
Paromita rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2016
Selin Kahraman
Selin Kahraman rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2013
Ellie Dennis
Ellie Dennis rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2017
Jules Spriddle
Jules Spriddle rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2015
Pipa Guest
Dec 26, 2015 Pipa Guest rated it liked it
I wasn't sure about this book, but my little boy really enjoyed it.
Markie Jones
Markie Jones rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2014
Jess Hancock
Jess Hancock rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Bethany Sawford
Bethany Sawford rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Nikki Munson
Nikki Munson rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Reena
Reena rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Beckie
Beckie rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2012
Addisyn Lilia
Addisyn Lilia rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Claire Adewunmi
Claire Adewunmi rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2013
Fifi
Fifi rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Caryl Hart is a full-time children’s writer who also runs creative workshops with local schools. Her first picture book, Don’t Dip Your Chips in Your Drink, Kate!, won two regional awards in England, and is short-listed for a third. She lives in England with her guitar-playing husband, two cheeky daughters, one extremely fluffy black cat, a goldfish, four hens, and a dog named Roo. As well as writ ...more
More about Caryl Hart...