Start by marking “A Day to Go Gently” as Want to Read:
A Day to Go Gently

A Day to Go Gently

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This book tells the story of one woman's life, as she remembers it on one day.

She has lived long enough to be daughter, wife, mother and grandmother, but today is alone with her memories. Many of these memories centre on her long years of love for one man, and his for her.

It is the longest day of the year.

I wrote this book quite quickly, earlier this year (2010). I had bee
Kindle Edition, 1st Kindle edition, 128 pages
Published July 10th 2010 (first published March 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Day to Go Gently, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Day to Go Gently

Irene
Oct 30, 2010 Irene added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-my-own-work
"A Day to Go Gently" was written quite quickly a few months ago, simply because every time I put down my keyboard, the next bit would begin to write itself into my head.

It's not a perfect book, but I'm not ashamed of it. And I think it displays the heroine's own character in its imperfections.

It tells the story of one woman's journey through life, from her childhood on a farm through love and marriage to old age. Inevitably she dwells on her long relationship with one man - and inevitably, ther
Ice Bear
This gentle tale is of someone writing their life's diary on a warm summer day. The early parts of innocence and youth brought a smile to my face. And then we seemed to rush through the married years, pausing occasionally to reflect on key events, and the odd twist, such is life !
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2011
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2011
Rick F.
Rick F. marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2011
Irene
Nov 05, 2010 Irene added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Irene
Jul 25, 2010 Irene added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: all-my-own-work
I have several books in print, but they're a mixed bunch!

I have some on family history, one on the history of a church and community in the Scottish Borders, and some fiction and poetry. So I don't seem to fit into any particular genre - I write what takes my fancy and / or comes into my head at the time.

Six are now available at Amazon, in Kindle format, or at Lulu.com in paperback or e-editions:
More about Irene M. Redpath...
Flowers for Alys When the Snow Refused to Fall In the Image of Ravenna St James the Less, Penicuik 1882 - 1982 Wild Honey