Start by marking “King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father” as Want to Read:
King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father

King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Using kings of the Old Testament as character studies, Steve Farrar examines the critical role a father plays in preparing his son to become a godly man. What separated the good kings from the bad kings was a father who made time commitments to mentor his son, by modeling biblical manhood. Do you want your son to become a man of regal character? Then this book is for you!
Published February 1st 2006 by Moody Publishers (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about King Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Me

Jeff
We are to build sons so that they may build sons. But we don't have what it takes to pull this off. But our Heavenly Father does. We can't father without the Heavenly Father. He is there and He is not silent.

On the 8th day of July in the year 1401, the Dean and Chapel of Seville assembled in the Court of the Elms and solemnly resolved: "Let us build a church so great that those who come after us may think us mad to have attempted it." The church took 150 years to build.

Solomon - the wisest man
Luis Villasenor
Oct 05, 2009 Luis Villasenor rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fathers
My favorite book by Mr. Steve Farrar. Just the concept of it is awesome. A must read for every Christian or non Christian father because it goes back to how fathers use to raise the boys. Easy to read and at the same very insightful. I will be re-reading this book again!!
Michael Brown
Carpe…… Carpe…… Diem… Seize The Day….

Say these words and 99% of people will know what movie you are talking about. A classic film called “Dead Poets Society” with Robin Williams from 1989. It is hard to believe this movie is over 20 years old now. Growing up watching this film I remember the lines, “Seize the day,” and, “O Captain my captain,” as the two that really stick out. I saw it from the students’ perspective of finding your own voice and learning to think for yourself. But this time I sa
Matthew Melville
Great book on a fathers role with his sons! A great challenge to be intentional with my time & how to lead them biblically!
Cedric Graham
Excellent book by a tremendously faithful man.
Thompsonwrites
A friend of mine who recently turned 30 and is the father of two beautiful children, advised me to pick this one up. Bottom line, our world needs full time fathers. This is a book every male should read and get it deep down in his pants. Live with the intention to mentor your son. Providing is important but leaving a legacy lasts longer.
Axsel Cintron
Good read... Christ help me to be more like you, because he wants to be more like me.
Dean
I gave this book four stars because it has some five star chapters and some three star chapters. The book got better as it went and I was glad I stuck with it. (Maybe it would have benefitted from an editor who arranged it differently?) I would recommend this book to dads with sons.
Mark
Aug 09, 2010 Mark rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fathers
Recommended to Mark by: my brother
Some really good advice on raising your son. Being purposefully present is one of them. Seemed as though the book could have been edited down to closer to 200 pages and been just as effective at getting the points across.
Ray
Jul 29, 2011 Ray added it
If you have a son or grandson, you have to read this book. Steve Farrar does not pull any punches and each punch lands right on target. Our children's future is in OUR hands.
Legacy Dad
Further closing the gap and showing fathers that they need to be present and actively involved in their children's lives if they hope to make a difference.
Nan
Aug 02, 2008 Nan marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Anyone with a son
Recommended to Nan by: Focus on the Family
I just ordered this for Brad. Looks like a great recommendation from James Dobson. I'll keep you posted.
Helmut Granda
Excellent book, every father must read....
Doug Ausbury
Got a son? Read this. Period.
Andy
Aug 20, 2012 Andy added it
Shelves: owned
Chobbs66
Chobbs66 is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2015
Kris Sellers
Kris Sellers marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Daniel Moore
Daniel Moore marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Emeka Anolefo
Emeka Anolefo marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Ebster Davis
Ebster Davis marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Brenton
Brenton marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Barry
Barry added it
Jan 13, 2015
Pastormiller23
Pastormiller23 marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Christoher
Christoher marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
  • Raising a Modern-Day Knight: A Father's Role in Guiding His Son to Authentic Manhood
  • Gospel-Powered Parenting, How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting
  • Seasons of a Mothers Heart
  • Heartfelt Discipline: The Gentle Art of Training and Guiding Your Child
  • Pastor Dad
  • Instructing a Child's Heart
  • Together: Growing Appetites for God (True Woman)
  • Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
  • Choosing to Cheat: Who Wins When Family and Work Collide?
  • Every Man's Marriage: An Every Man's Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman
  • Parenting Isn't for Cowards
  • Raising Real Men: Surviving, Teaching and Appreciating Boys
  • Boyhood and Beyond: Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man
  • The Invisible Woman: A Special Story for Mothers
Steve Farrar is the founder of Men’s Leadership Ministries. He holds a Master’s degree from Western Seminary, and an earned doctorate from Dallas Theological Seminary. Steve is the author of the best-selling book, Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family, God Built, Battle Ready, and True Courage. Steve Farrar resides in Texas with his family.
More about Steve Farrar...
Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family Finishing Strong: Going the Distance for Your Family How to Ruin Your Life By 30: Just Follow These 9 Easy Steps! How to Ruin Your Life By 40 Anchor Man: How a Father Can Anchor His Family in Christ for the Next 100 Years