Start by marking “Clover #1” as Want to Read:
Clover #1

Clover #1 (Clover #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,114 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
En un mundo donde el Gobierno busca controlar a los "Tréboles", jóvenes especiales con increíbles poderes, Suu trata de escapar de sus captores. ella no sabe quién es en realidad y en su viaje la termina acompañando Kazuhiko, un exsoldado cuya última misión es "transportar un elemento secreto".

Edición argentina actualmente descatalogada.
Edición Deluxe descatalogada., 128 pages
Published October 2002 by Editorial Ivrea (first published June 6th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Clover #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clover #1

Sara
Jun 06, 2012 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a longtime CLAMP fan, but I haven't read manga lately as much as I used to. Clover #1 suffers, in my opinion, from some pretty glaring flaws in terms of its storytelling.The story is disjointed and simplistic. The dialogue boxes float around randomly, with no tails, and it’s often hard to figure out who is saying what. This could be a mark of bad translation, bad characterization, or both. The song lyrics that run throughout the narrative are somewhat insipid, and they’re repeated so much th ...more
Kelley Ross
Feb 03, 2013 Kelley Ross rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
(I read a combined version of all four Clover books, so I'm going to just put the same review on all of them.)

Before I say anything else, I do have to state for the record that the incessant inclusion of song in EVERY panel was very annoying. There was never a rest from it. Sometimes I felt like I couldn't possibly get a good grasp on the characters because there was always that blasted song waggling distractingly in the background, reminding me that despite what might be happening right now in
Mileena
Certain aspects of this manga felt similar to Clamps other work that I read, Chobits. Which is one of my all time favorite manga.

Kazuhiko and Sue have this very strange but beautiful dynamic with one another. And I like the song that repeats throughout the novel and setting into the new world.

Although the further I go through, I grow increasingly confused. Hopefully it'll begin to make more sense.
Chriss
Ug, Clover is a great idea poorly executed. I couldn't follow the dialog at ALL (and I'm a manga fan); There are frames of nothing but dialog balloons and no indicator to tell the reader who the dickens is saying what.

Also, it may have been the translation, but what was happening itself didn't really make any logical sense. It was like seeing ten seconds of each scene of a movie all edited together. Nothing seemed to have any in-story reason for happening.

The art wasn't that great, either; the g
Mar 04, 2015 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I'm not going to do this book justice, so if you're a manga fan, just laugh at me for being ignorant. First of all, I had to figure out how to read the dang thing from right to left. I mean, really, I knew that, but in comic strip format, what about top to bottom? Things weren't making sense! I mean, yes, the pictures were pretty, and lots were in color. And there was a fairy thing who was a four leaf clover which meant that she had tons of magical powers. And a Black Ops agent was was supposed ...more
Gebanuzo
He de confesar que no soy un verdadero fan del manga, pero me han presentado a Clover, y ha sido un gusto conocerla. Yo, en lo alto de una montaña, viendo su caminar entre melancolía y secretos.
Kathy
Kazuhiko has been courtmartialed 6 times and he is forced to participate in a new black ops project by General Ko who only trusts him to deliver the goods--a Clover- a peaceful winged creature who wants only love but is very powerful in a mind over matter way and can control weapons. He is aided now and then by Lieutenant Colonel Gingetsu and his young partner Ran. His hand is artificial since he lost it in his last mission. He defends them against enemies trying to kidnap the Clover, especially ...more
Erin

This series is really interesting so far, and I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about it, but I found it relatively difficult to follow what was going on, so it wasn't easy to get into. It was also hard to figure out who was talking during certain conversations. But the art is absolutely gorgeous, of course, and I'm excited to read more. :)
Dony Grayman
Edición argentina. Tomo 1 de 4. Crónologicamente transcurre después del 3 y 4 y antes del 2.
Cathrine
If there's an anime of this, I want to see it.
Eme San
Sep 23, 2012 Eme San rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uno de los mejores mangas de CLAMP y quizá el más original en cuanto a diseño y narrativa.

Cada página es una obra de arte, los detalles, los vacíos, la historia... todo se armoniza perfectamente para crear uno de los mejores mangas que he tenido en mis manos.

El volumen uno es el final cronológico de la historia de los Clover, por eso a medida que se leen los otros volúmenes nos podemos admirar de los detalles que hacen referencia a la historia global y que se nos pasan desapercibidos cuando le
Roberta
This is my favourite manga series. It is a bit different from other mangas because dialogues are rare, phrases are often interrupted and interspersed with lyrics.
Sue is a magician that lives alone because the governors are afraid she use her powers, this all change when Sue express the desire of going out.
The first two volumes tell the Sue story, the other two are prequels in which the protagonists are two other magicians, even if they are weaker than Sue, that helps her.
Yuki Shimmyo
I can't remember why I picked this up on bookswap. I must have been exploring graphic novels..
In a nutshell: the repetition of not-very-interesting lyrics which may or may not be a clue to what Clover is drove me bat-shit.

Reviewers who like this already know the backstory. Obviously, I don't know the backstory. And I don't care to know it.

I can read Japanese characters, and though I am not fluent I think this would have made a little bit more sense for me in Japanese.
Sophie
Jan 30, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful and melancholy story about love and happiness with absolutely gorgeous art. Seriously, I wish there were more manga like this published in Germany. The panel layout alone was stunning and very, very fitting. At times it felt like a visual poem - the plot actually isn't that very interesting, or at least it wasn't to be. But visually it was utterly fascinating. Big thank you to Kate who gifted this to me. <3
Hanne Op de Beeck
(I read the combined version)

This is hands down the most beautiful manga I've ever read to date. The placement of the artwork reminded me a little of Beardsley. Just wonderful. Storywise, I had expected a bit more, and it seemed as if parts were missing from time to time, but I would buy the book again in a hartbeat.
Federiken Masters
Mar 05, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it it was amazing
No sé si al releerlo me causará la misma fascinación que hace diez años. Pero el recuerdo de lo mucho que me gustó es tal que no puedo sino darle un puntaje perfecto, al menos provisoriamente. Además, recuerdo que me salió 6$, y con seis pesos no me hacía ningún alto guiso.
Stacey
Jun 18, 2008 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wantingtobuy
Another note about this series from Clamp it reads completely backwards. 4 should be read first fallowed by three, two and then one. Because my school library only has 4-2 I haven't read one yet... T_T
Bill Mano
Apr 26, 2011 Bill Mano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tiene un buen planteamiento, la historia te va llevando muy de la mano soltándote info a cuentagotas y te deja con ganas de más...

Aunque los personajes son medio bidimensionales.
Molly
Nov 03, 2009 Molly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
I just couldn't get into this. Neither the story, the artwork, or the narrative really did anything for me. There was a glimmer of a good idea, but... it just didn't bear fruit for me.
Luula
Dec 14, 2012 Luula rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
While I may not have read a lot of CLAMP, I know this wasn't their best work... The storyline was confusing, the dialogue didn't make that much sense and I didn't like it.
Emily
May 25, 2010 Emily rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-gn-manga
I put this one down fairly quickly. The premise was intriguing, but it was so disjointed and difficult to follow at the beginning that I just decided not to bother. Too bad.
Mei
great artwork though its an old work of CLAMP. The story breaks my heart in a good way because it will touch you. One of my top list favorite of their work
Tracy
Aug 01, 2014 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of CLAMP
Recommended to Tracy by: Animerica Extra, the magazine it was in at the time
As usual, the Clamp team have the most beautiful artwork and realistic fantasy storylines. Loved this short series.
Bianka
Jul 30, 2009 Bianka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read
I don't know how many volumes this is. I collected it in Animerica Extra. It's interesting enough to read.
Ysabet
Nov 08, 2007 Ysabet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sf-manga
It's been a while since I read this, but I seem to remember it being one of CLAMP's stronger titles.
Holly Interlandi
Jul 07, 2007 Holly Interlandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
A four-volume piece whose beauty cannot be justified in one review. Any CLAMP skeptic must read this.
Denise
Sep 17, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I somehow barely remember anything about this manga other than the fact that I enjoyed it...
Bookkitten
Jun 06, 2010 Bookkitten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, german-edition
This mini series of four volumes is definitely one of my favourites.
Gerardo
Mar 17, 2010 Gerardo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
novela grafica con excelentes dibujos e historia dee calidad
Jessi
Mar 21, 2009 Jessi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Clover has a very slow and confusing storyline with minimal artwork.
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 2: To Plant
  • Loveless 4
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Vol. 4 (Pet Shop of Horrors, #4)
  • Sailor Moon Stars, #1 (Sailor Moon Stars, #1)
  • The Cain Saga, Volume 4: The Seal of the Red Ram, Part 2

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from
More about CLAMP...