Start by marking “Children of God Storybook Bible” as Want to Read:
Children of God Storybook Bible

Children of God Storybook Bible

Desmond Tutu retells more than fifty of his most beloved stories, artfully highlighting God’s desire for all people to love one another and to find peace and forgiveness in their hearts. Many of the finest artists from around the world have been selected to illustrate the stories. In an attempt to create the first truly global Bible for children, the artists have been invi ...more
Published August 14th 2010 by Zondervan (first published June 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Children of God Storybook Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of God Storybook Bible

Holyn
Jan 22, 2012 Holyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Wonderful illustrations and the stories and are easily understood by my preschooler. I like the little prayer at the end of each story which helps make the story more personal and opens up conversation (if the child is willing).
Michael
Feb 22, 2011 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
This is my daughters' favorite book. We read it just about every day. The illustrations are beautiful and the story--as told my Archbishop Desmond Tutu--highlights what's best about the Bible: compassion,kindness, justice, peace, and hope. Highly recommended for families!
Gail Welborn
Dec 20, 2011 Gail Welborn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews

Stories narrated by Archbishop Desmond Tutu—YouTube preview: http://youtu.be/utk6ihpapf4
Archbishop Tutu, Seattle, WA 2011: http://tinyurl.com/6rgnv9w

Children of God, Storybook Bible, Deluxe Slip-cover Edition includes Complete Book and Audio CD’s, by Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Zondervan, 2010, Ages 4 and up, 128 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-031071912, $18.99

Archbishop Tutu’s internationally acclaimed storybook Bible for children contains more than fifty much-loved Bible stories that teach God’s love, peace
Carissa
Jan 19, 2016 Carissa rated it really liked it
I was looking for an illustrated Bible with racial diversity and this one is really lovely. Each Bible story fills a 2 or 4 page spread and is illustrated by a different artist. The colors in the book are rich and inviting and Desmond Tutu's interpretations of the stories are simple and nicely done. Each story ends with a single sentence prayer that relates to the story. Nice for bedtime reading.
Benjamin Vineyard
Feb 26, 2014 Benjamin Vineyard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is by far the best Children's storybook Bible I've come by. Finally, we hear the stories paraphrased as Jesus would speak them. Many Children's resources tell the biblical stories through a platonic lens with "hope" being some kind of non-bodied existence somewhere else (not here). Jesus' teaching goes the other direction and Tutu's paraphrase helps us see that hope is born through compassion and is rooted in this time and place. "May your kingdom come," Jesus said.
Connie
Sep 20, 2015 Connie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
What a beautiful narration and illustration of the stories of the Bible! Storyteller Bishop Desmond Tutu and the artists from all over the world whose drawings grace the book have combined to give us a joyous, insightful sharing of Scripture. I got a copy for my granddaughter. It blessed me in the reading.
Gennie
Jan 14, 2014 Gennie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, bibles
This is a truly beautiful book. With illustrations by artists from all over the world and if you get the Delux Edition, Archbishop Tutu reading the story.
Sara
Gorgeous illustrations! Great versions of the familiar bible stories. Perfect for children aged 5 to 7.
Niecy
Feb 06, 2011 Niecy is currently reading it
Munchkin's current bedtime book.
Susannah
Jun 10, 2015 Susannah rated it really liked it
A great read for all ages.
You can read my full review here-
Kim
Aug 30, 2010 Kim is currently reading it
this is the picture book bible i got for callie the other day - beautiful illustrations and i love the way the stories are told
Nicole
May 22, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Great introduction to the Bible for early readers. Amazing illustrations!
Nancy Dunn
Nancy Dunn rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
RsvpShindig
RsvpShindig rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
deborah holman gregory
deborah holman gregory rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Peter
Peter rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Peter Carey
Peter Carey rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2011
KH
KH rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
Karen Rivers
Karen Rivers rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2017
Stephanie Thompson
Stephanie Thompson rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Joyce Cunningham
Joyce Cunningham rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Ramkumar  R
Ramkumar R rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2017
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Cletus Van
Cletus Van rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Diane Adams
Diane Adams rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Mr Dominic P Neal
Mr Dominic P Neal rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Megan Abraham
Megan Abraham rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Desmond Mpilo Tutu is a South African cleric and activist who rose to worldwide fame during the 1980s as an opponent of apartheid. In 1984, Tutu became the second South African to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Tutu was the first black South African Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa, and primate of the Church of the Province of Southern Africa (now the Anglican Church of Southern A ...more
More about Desmond Tutu...