Start by marking “Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the Macaron Cafe” as Want to Read:
Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the Macaron Cafe

Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the Macaron Cafe

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
PRAISE FOR AUTHOR CECILE CANNONE’S MACARONS:

“Feather-light, at once crunchy and chewy, and distinguished by rich buttercream filling.”

— The New York Times

“Rival those in Paris.”

— Zagat

“Addictive.”

— Time Out New York

Cuter than a cupcake and more delicious, the adorable macaron is très en vogue. Now you can make these crowd-pleasing cookies at home! Packed with helpful a
Published December 13th 2010 by Ulysses Press (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Macarons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Macarons

Jessica
Mar 03, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Thorough without being overwhelming, this is a great starting point (or, in my case, refresher read) for the aspiring "macaroniste." The photos are very helpful. I especially liked the simple and straightforward instructions and troubleshooting for common problems/errors. I read through the whole thing in about 10 minutes, and I can guarantee that I'll actually use the book in the kitchen while baking.

It gets 4 of 5 stars because 1) I felt it skimmed a little too quickly over some very importan
Chieko
Sep 22, 2011 Chieko rated it liked it
We made both the French and Italian macarons. We had more success with the French shells and the Italian shells were a bit too sweet for our tastes. Both the dark chocolate ganache and coffee buttercream were great. Also made the pistachio buttercream, it was good but not as good as the chocolate and.coffee.

We had issues with the baking directions. Often the steps were unclear on how to tell when the mixture was ready. The steps weren't broken down well, once we had to ask for a third opinion ab
Sylvia
Dec 19, 2012 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-cookbooks
Having visited Macaron Cafe in NYC, we placed this book on our holiday wishlist last year. Luckily our Secret Santa did deliver and we've made three batches of macarons following the recipe in this book. They've all turned out nicely and it's such a relief to be able to make macarons at home now! The instructions are clear and easy to follow. There are lots of recipes for the fillings and decoration ideas. It's an inspiring book for all!
Jessica Harlan
Dec 06, 2011 Jessica Harlan rated it really liked it
I used the recipes in this book to make macarons for my sister-in-law's shower. I was intimidated at first, but the instructions were very straightforward and detailed. My macarons turned out gorgeous, and received rave reviews from the guests! My only complaint was that they turned out much larger than I expected (I used the recommended size), but next time I'll know to make my templates a little smaller.
Cody
Jul 10, 2012 Cody rated it did not like it
Shelves: food
I won't make any recipes in this book.
Dawnmarie
May 23, 2012 Dawnmarie rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Samantha Jones
Samantha Jones rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Saadiqah
Saadiqah marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Annadel A. Almendras
Annadel A. Almendras rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Kenia Ocasio
Kenia Ocasio marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
C Johnson
C Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Darlene
Darlene rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Jack Loh
Jack Loh rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Barry Axtell
Barry Axtell rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Julia Rezsnyak
Julia Rezsnyak rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Apr 07, 2015
Jeanette Butters
Jeanette Butters rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Brittny
Brittny rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
CHRISTINE MAHER
CHRISTINE MAHER rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
shalani albayalde
shalani albayalde marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Bo lalalala
Bo lalalala marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014