Blaze of Silver (The de Granville Trilogy, #3)

Blaze of Silver (The de Granville Trilogy #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  371 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Can a knight sacrifice everything he holds sacred in service to his king?

King Richard is being held for ransom in Germany, and England is in chaos without a sovereign. The de Granvilles must deliver the treasure that will win their King's freedom.

But the Old Man of the Mountain, leader of the Assassins, is ready to take his revenge on Kamil. To do so he will orchestr
Published April 3rd 2007 by Walker Childrens

Golden Blood by Melissa PearlReVamped by Ada AdamsBentwhistle the Dragon in A Threat from the Past by Paul CudeLone Wolf Rising by Jami BrumfieldSilent Treatment by Jackie Williams
Best Unknown Young Adult Books
169th out of 573 books — 1,272 voters
The Aisha Prophecy by John R. MaximComing to Astoria by Omar KiamThe Cairo Trilogy by Naguib MahfouzBlaze of Silver by K.M. GrantBorderline by Allan Stratton
Books To Review
4th out of 12 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Krisanne Stewart
I have put off reading the last one because I don't want to say good-bye to the characters, but I'm putting my big girl panties on and bracing for the end. Sigh.

It is with great sadness that I say good-bye to some of my very favorite characters ever: Will, Ellie, Kalim, and most of all, Hoseanna. I finished this book in two days, and immediately went to Amazon.com and ordered her other trilogy. Hopefully those books will help heal the hole in my heart. Historical fiction is one of my least favor...more
Denise
Wow! This is by far the best book of the three. Grant continues to make the characters more believable and more lovable. She spins the tail so that you end up partially in the dark and partially knowing things the characters don't know which can be frustrating but pleasing at the same time. I really feel like this was the most original of the three books as well as being action packed. Even when the action lulls she continues to keep your interest in a way that only the best of authors can.
Cassidy
Like all the rest of the books, I loved it. Everything panned out almost exactly as I had hoped it would, but definitely not predictable. I loved how all the characters were brought together by Hosanna. Overall the series was exciting and just really interesting and enjoyable.
Georgie Penn
*sob* Although this book is pretty good, it's really the ending that gives it that extra star.
A great end to a fabulous trilogy!
Clarica
I give this book a 4.5. Actually, I give this whole series a 4.5. :) It was historical fiction (more heavy to the fiction than to the historical) with some romance, and feel that I learned from the book. I learned more about the Crusades, King Richard's imprisonment, King John's attempt to take over the throne, and relations between early Muslims and early Muslim extremists.
Most of all, I fell in love with the story and the characters. The story kept me interested most of the time, and spent 1-...more
Lady Knight
By the end of Green Jasper, I was really wondering why I loved this series when I was a teen. By the end of this one, I remembered exactly why I loved it as a teen, and really, really like it now.

While Gavin's grave is still relatively fresh, life at Hartslove goes on. Will still moons after Ellie. Marissa moons after Will. Kamil moons after Ellie. Elric loves Will. It really sounds like a soap opera... except it's not. King Richard is still emprisoned in Germany, and Will is responsible for del...more
Linnae
It's been so long since I read the first two, I probably should have started at the beginning again. I remembered there was a red horse involved, and a love triangle involving 2 brothers who both loved the same girl. It took me awhile to get up to speed again.

Set during King Richard's England, right after the Crusades, when he has been captured and the German Emperor is demanding a huge ransom for his return. Will has been put in charge of delivering the share of the ransom from his region. His...more
This is Book 3 of the de Granville Trilogy, although it all started with Blood Red Horse. This one rocked! It was much better than Green Jasper (book 2) which had me worried.[return][return]Will, Ellie, and Kamil are growing up and growing apart. Kamil is drawn back to his Saracen self and Will is determined to win Ellie over. But first they have to pay King Richard's ransom and struggle on with the crusades.[return][return]As always, Hosanna, the red horse, is my favorite character. I grew up o...more
Angie
Such an interesting series....I didn't like the first one, "Blood Red Horse" very much, the battles were a little to repetitive and the story line was almost non-existent, but the second one "Green Jasper" was fabulous! (It was almost like a different author had written it) This third book, "Blaze of Silver", might just be my favorite of the whole series. The characters are all so wonderfully written, and you've become so endeared to them that you find yourself genuinely caring about who lives a...more
Diane
It had just occurred to me that Ellie was very Mary-Sue-ish.
The girl just has to be good at everything: horse riding, languages, medicine. And her milk shake brings all the boys to the yard because lo and behold, another love triangle (or a square if you count Marissa).
But since William is sort of the almost perfect boy next door too, I figured that they belonged together.

Even though I noticed all that, I still really liked the characters (most of them anyway) and I was very much invested in th...more
Corri
Well It's really about time that I finished this series. I did enjoy these books, they aren't dystopian, or fantasy, or paranormal. Its simple fiction based back during the Christian Crusades. And for that reason it was a lovely break from the normal teen reading. I did only give it three stars because it's not really...fantastic. Let me explain a little. The books are entertaining, and the characters are very well developed throughout the series, however, nothing fantastic really happens for th...more
Brandy
I absolutely loved listening to these books. I want to start over. The story is so beautiful and intense. The characters continue to do what's right even in the face of real adversity. They have to face so much to succeed. There were so many moments when I almost couldn't listen anymore, terrified of what was to come. Awesome!! Awesome!! The narrator Maggie Mash was perfect. I want a horse like Hosannah- faithful, smart, and gave so much to so many people. He almost died more times than I could...more
Katie
Seeing that it took me over a year to finish this book, I'd have to say that I didn't think it was that great. But I did finish it, so I guess that says something. :) The author's writing style just didn't click with me - this wasn't one of those "can't put it down" books, obviously. It was nice to have some resolution at the end of this trilogy, but I felt like it was too little, too late. I waited so long (through three books) to see what happens, then I felt like it ended really quickly. I li...more
Kelly
I didn't realize how much I was enjoying these books until after I would read each one. For me, these books weren't major page turners, but I kept thinking about them afterward- and looked forward to completing the series. So though I gave the first two books only three stars each, I would give this series 4 stars overall. The characters were memorable, and each drew strong emotional responses from me as I read. Good story, great historical fiction.
Jenny
This is the final volume of the deGranville trilogy. Will, the new Duke, is raising the ransom for King Richard. Accompanied by Ellie, Kamil, and the horse Hosanna, Will must face battle and betrayal from his closest friend and be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for his king.
Amphy
Shelley
May 06, 2010 Shelley rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: everyone over 14 yrs
The final chapter in the De Granville Trilogy. The Ransom is ready to be delivered to free King Richard. The Old Man on the Mountain is ready to take revenge on Kamil. Full of action, intrigue, friendship, love, betrayal, and forgiveness. Excellent!
Maegan
Michelle Polk
A great ending to a wonderful trilogy! I hope they make a movie out of this one. (hopefully they wouldn't ruin it like Eragon!) I recommend this book and the rest of them for everyone. It is full of excitment and intrigue!
Vicki
Apr 21, 2012 Vicki rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: tween
The ransom for King Richard is being taken to Germany where deceit and evilness create an air of sadness, jepordizing a friendship of Kamil and perhaps sacrificing Hosana to save the king. A great ending to this trilogy.
Emma
Another end to a good series. And what a good end too. Blaze of Silver, unlike many other series-ending books I've read, has a very nice ending to it. Not quite the happily ever after picture, but very close.
Evelyn
Pretty good book. I hadn't noticed how easily the writing slipped between POVs - not enough to get whiplash, but enough to be prevented from sinking into any of the characters. Very nice cover.
Muff
Jan 17, 2014 Muff rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
An exciting and satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.
Caroline
Brilliant. An amazing way to end the trilogy. It was great to see the character development, especially in the brothers. I could not get enough of this book!
Alyssa
This was the first series i've ever read, and I loved it. I never thought i'd love historical fiction until I read this series. Pure genius.
Kim
Suspense, fun, adventure, and it kept me on the edge of my seat! Great book. An example of a trilogy getting better with each continuing book.
Kelly
What a great ending to a great trilogy! I absolutely loved the whole series - if you love medieval history and/or horses, you will love this series.
Kirsten
May 26, 2009 Kirsten rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: YA Readers - Historical Fictions fans- Horse lovers
Shelves: ya-literature
Book Three of Granville Trilogy - once again this historical fiction book does not disappoint. A great ending to the trilogy.
Libby Ames
A fast, historical-fiction. Very good for the young adult audience (no objectionable scenes or content, etc.)
Dvdurante
A bit more tedious than the firs two. But I have to read it to find out what happens. I'm cursed that way...
  • Pagan's Scribe (Pagan Chronicles, #4)
  • Montmorency and the Assassins: Master, Criminal, Spy? (Montmorency, #3)
  • I Am Apache
  • Drift House: The First Voyage
  • The Shield Ring
  • The Automaton's Treasure (The Assassin's Curse #0.6)
  • A School of Her Own (Grandma's Attic)
  • The Cumbersome Collection (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1-11)
  • Alia's Mission: Saving the Books of Iraq
  • Starclimber (Matt Cruse, #3)
  • The Bones of Makaidos (Oracles of Fire, #4)
  • Circle of Honor (Scottish Crown Series, #1)
  • The Braid
  • Bloodline (Bloodline, #1)
  • Remembering the Titanic
  • The Edge on the Sword
  • Unclaimed Heart
  • A Sword in Her Hand
K. M. GRANT was inspired by her own family history to write How the Hangman Lost His Heart. Her ancestor, Colonel Francis Towneley, or Uncle Frank, was the last man in Britain to by hanged, drawn, and quartered. His head was passed down for generations of her family until it was finally reunited with his body just after World War II, when it was buried at St. Peter’s Church. It was Uncle Frank’s c...more
More about K.M. Grant...
Blood Red Horse (The de Granville Trilogy, #1) Green Jasper (The de Granville Trilogy, #2) How the Hangman Lost His Heart Belle's Song Blue Flame (Perfect Fire Trilogy, #1)