Start by marking “Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1)

Alien Mate (Alien Mate #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  1,940 ratings  ·  115 reviews
What would you do if an alien materialized in your living room and told you he was your leader?

Plump Diana is ironing her underwear when the hottest blue babe in all of the galaxy appears in her living room. Did she forget to mention he was naked? Abducted, decontaminated, and dressed like a harem girl, she’s been chosen to become his mate.

Kor asked his ancestors to find
Published June 14th 2010 by Amira Press (first published May 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Alien Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Mate

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Raise your hand if you iron your underwear? No one? Diana does. She's a little plumper than your average gal so her undies contain little more fabric to actually wrinkle. Anyway, one day she's ironing away when this suddenly appears in her living room:

It's that bloke off Watchmen , a.k.a. a naked blue man with a huge, er...

His name is Kor'iander. Coriander? No, Kor'iander, or Kor for short. So Coriander turns to Diana in all his blue naked glory and demands her submissiveness, claiming she is hi
Jenny
Diana is plumper than you average girl, her last boyfriend had a fetish about her size but refused to be seen in public with her. Then when she’s ironing in her underwear while wearing her worst outfit a sexy naked man appears in her living room and announces her has come to be her leader - which it turns out means her mate. Oh, and he’s blue!

Kidnapped onto Kor’s spaceship Diana begins her journey to his planet and her new life, not that she’s very happy about it at first. She eventually falls I
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I really wanted to love this book, because I have really enjoyed several of her other books. I feel that is only fair to say that I am not typically into the "alien"scene, but I thought if anyone could make me love an alien, it would be eve langlais. No...aliens just don't really do it for me. It was a cute and unique story and if you love aliens, you might love this book!

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________
If you like this type of book, you
Lady Raven RAVE!
This is the usual formula, drunken step father gambles away pretty step daughter to a prestige guy and thus the story begins. Vincent won Bridgget in a game of cards, he then took her home with him, there Bridgget met his family as well as Vincent training her to pleasure him sexually. Its a good read not bad the characters had a a lot of issues to resolve with each other especially when Bridgget comes out of her shell of shyness and naive. Vincent seem a little mean sometimes

Join my book group
Jacqueline
This book was like marshmallow fluff. Too sweet and a little goes a long way. I liked the other book I read by this author but this one was just sort of phoning it in. The sci fi element was lame, all surface sci fi buzz words. There was a star ship, a pink planet, a planet with 2 moons. There was a bunch of telling not showing and there was no tension or conflict at all. No effort to make the alien society either alien or fully realized. Lots of mediocre sex scenes strung together. Usually I th ...more
Lyndi
I had some issues with the heroine, as usual, but otherwise enjoyed it for the most part. I wish the author had used something other than kidnapping to create conflict, because tree times in one story is just too much.

I'm also not a fan of a woman being called BBW when she's a size 12. That's pretty average these days. I also don't understand why the character's weight needs to be focused on so much. Nobody else seems to give a shit about her weight, so I dunno why the reader would.

I found the c
T00zday
The first half of the book = 2 stars. It got better after the halfway point.

** Warning Spoilers **

Diana is a non-skinny girl on earth who's not happy with her life. Recently broke up with a jerk who didn't want to be seen with a fat chick out in public, not so crazy about her job.

Suddenly a hunky blue guy (Kor) appears in her living room telling her he is HER leader and will be her mate. Cocky, arrogant and throwing commands left and right. Diana didn't like that and mouthed off to him, so he k
LynnMarie
LynnMarie’s Review

Eve Langlais is great at characterization. Diana calls herself a ‘plumper’ and figures a worthwhile man will never desire her. Her last boyfriend had a fetish for chubby girls and wouldn’t be seen with her in public. The entire experience tore down her confidence.

When a hot and buff alien man appears in her livingroom, insisting he wanted her for a life mate, she thinks she is dreaming. He transports them to his spacecraft and they begin the long journey to his home planet. Di
Kelly
I think this is the 3rd Eve Langlais book I've read. Maybe it's the 4th. I'm not sure and that's not really the point. What I'm getting at is that everything I've read by her, whether it's a shifter book or sexy sci-fi, has been awesome. This lady has sassy heroines that make me giggle. She has big blue (and purple!) aliens that make me sit up and smile. She has snark and sexy times galore!

I read a book not too long ago with a similar basic premise (Earth girl gets whisked away to another planet
Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten)
I'm telling ya, Eve is like the master of world building. It doesn't matter what genre it is in, if Eve is creating it I believe it. I was totally in this story. I kept looking out my window, looking up thinking that some hot blue alien was gonna head on down to Earth and be like "MINE!"

She creates a whole universe and its all IN SPACE! And it is all MADE UP! And it is hot blue aliens. With crazy aliens tossed in. With ease Eve brought me into this world and I smack landed in this land of sexy
Mara
One of the worst "book" I read even in the category. This goes beyond fluffy, it's stupid. It tries for fun and it fails miserably.

Jill
Nice, quick read.Nothing too flashy. I have read the alien abduction thing done better. Still, for a quick read, not bad.
Rinny Rainwind
This is book 1 of Alien Mates . This was a story of a girl from Earth, Diana, who was kidnapped. Her kidnapper and new" leader" , Korea was her supposed mate. This was decked by an alien oracle. Well what self respecting Earth girl stand back and says " yes master " to an alien stranger? Oh yeah, this gets dicey and more dicey. So may emotions come through in this short story. I'm looking forward to reading more of this series. I think this was one of her earlier writings because her other serie ...more
Lady Lioness
While I was logged in to my All Romance Ebooks account, I figured I'd pick something I bought but hadn't read yet to get me through lunch. However, it seems like I'm less tolerant of Stockholm Syndrome romances than I used to be. I can't help but compare Alien Mate to Marly Chance's "Oath" series or S. L. Viehl's fabulous Blade Dancer, and Langlais's book pales in comparison.

For me, part of the problem I had with Alien Mate was the lack of setting descriptions. I didn't really have a reference
Karen
Never thought I would like a book about a blue guy but that is th only thing off about this warrior... he is blue due to the radiation in the sun above his planet and his mate will be one day too. so oh well he is blue, HOT, BIG ALL OVER.........

But he must travel to earth and find his mate the Oracle has told him of. He appears in her living room and lands on her coffee table which is destroyed under his weight and says Hello Earthling I have come to be your leader, Of course Diana which is a p
Nudge
In my search for new titles and new authors in the expanding genre of futuristic romance I came across a rather striking cover with a very appetising torso of a blue – judging from the title of that book – alien. I promptly downloaded the preview and I must admit that I’ve got hooked almost immediately after reading the first paragraph: “The day Diana met her first alien dawned like any other --- with a dry, cottony mouth and a bad case of bed head. She didn’t even have any warning because, unli ...more
Nikki
I have mixed feelings on this one... On the one hand, it was pretty decent I suppose. For my first alien related book I was kinda hoping for more steamy sex scenes with ET! ;) But alas, there were not. A handful of descriptive scene then a bunch of fade to black or after the fact type moments. I'm wondering if I've become a major pervert since this was the biggest flaw for me... The story had good moments but then kinda fizzled out towards the end. I felt like it was getting rushed and a little ...more
Spuffed
What a bunch of boringness. I've enjoyed other novels by this author and like a GR buddy of mine said, this book was literally just phoning it in. This was a DNF at 67% and I think my rating still counts because I read most of it and it was just soooo boring. And clichéd, And boring. And lacking. And boring. Did I mention boring?

Quick Rundown: Earth Chick is ironing her plus size underwear because big girls with no life spend their weekends ironing their underwear??? Personally, I'm disgusted by
Margaret
I think the biggest problem I had with this book was the total lack of character development. I just didn't care about the characters because I didn't really feel I knew them. The story would have been okay if she spent more time building the characters. Also the little development of the heroine revealed a really immature and annoying woman with lots of inconsistencies. I also would have liked more dialogue and relationship building between the hero and heroine.
An example of the lack of charac
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
It's amazing the what I'll read if picked for a challenge. I despise the whole kidnapping plot (in general, not just this one). This was used not once, not twice, but three times. Three! Overdone.
Then there's Kor (the "hero"):
"I will be your leader."
"...so whether you are willing or not..."
"You will be my mate and the mother of my children."
What is so attractive with this shit?
Genney Blass
This book was funny as well romantic in a weird kind of way. Loved the story of Kor that is definitely an Alpha Male Alien. But felt like it needed more. I know it was a short story, but I felt like more should have been said. Good Job to Ms. Langlais, still love the story.
ValerieC

I enjoyed this story... it was funny and sad, scary at times, and had a nice HEA. Now, on to book 2!
Ellen Kingsley
Loved it was an abduction but one where the girl isn't tortured or anything.
Tammy
wonderful book and who wouldnt want a hunky as sin blue alien.
Regina
a decent light read
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked Kor and Diana and enjoyed their story. It's a pretty typical alien abduction story line but Eve does a great job of making the story both fun and sexy with a bit of action thrown in.

Diana is a BBW from Earth. Diana is doing her ironing when she's surprised by a big blue (and rather sexy) alien popping in to her apartment and telling her he's there to be her leader. Not the leader of the planet..just her. The alien then goes on to explain that she'
Mariya
Alien Mate was a short quick read and I loved every minute of it. I think the fact that we have a super hot and sexy blue alien man makes the book more fun as well.

This was a short read and maybe a little chessy but most definitely entertaining. Kor comes to earth to claim his mate Diana so they can bond as quickly as possible, except for the fact that she doesn't want this forced upon her. Diana likes Kor, but she wants a choice, to know that her opinion matters and she has a choice.

But Diana q
Anna Key
Originally posted on Nudge Wink Wink Blog: http://nudgewinkwink.wordpress.com/20...

****

In my search for new titles and new authors in the expanding genre of futuristic romance I came across a rather striking cover with a very appetising torso of a blue – judging from the title of that book – alien. I promptly downloaded the preview and I must admit that I’ve got hooked almost immediately after reading the first paragraph: “The day Diana met her first alien dawned like any other — with a dry, cot
Aioki Reika
“You’ll die laughing and getting aroused as you read this!”

First of all I really adore the author’s sense of humor writing this book. I must say I can’t stop laughing since the first page. It was a really fun to read. I never get bored and I just read it for only a day.

It was my first Alien-Erotic novel that I’ve ever read and at first I was like…an alien blue guy?! Yuck…but when I read the plot of this novel. I didn’t hesitate to read it immediately.

Kor is an alien and God! He’s super hot! The
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Bay's Mercenary (Unearthly World, #1)
  • Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght (Orion, #1)
  • Abducting Alice (Warriors of Kelon, #1)
  • Kidnapping Casey (Zorn Warriors, #2)
  • Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
  • The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
  • Planet Mail (Mail Call, #1)
  • Choosing Riley (Sarafin Warriors, #1)
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestseller

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to aliens, th
More about Eve Langlais...
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) Croc And The Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)

“Surely this feisty, argumentative female could not be his life mate? Docile, he’d specifically written docile when he’d filled in his request for a mate. And this was who the spirits of his ancestors had chosen? A celestial jest on their part perhaps?” 10 likes