Start by marking “Urgent Message from Mother: Gather the Women, Save the World” as Want to Read:
Urgent Message from Mother: Gather the Women, Save the World

Urgent Message from Mother: Gather the Women, Save the World

The message to all women of the world is "Wake Up! Arise! Do not ask for permission to gather the women. What cannot be done by men, or by individual women, can be done by women together. Earth is Home." Jean Shinoda Bolen's life's work -- her Jungian-inspired insights in The Tao of Psychology, the blockbuster Goddesss in Every Woman, the empowering Crones Don't Whine and ...more
Published August 31st 2005 by Conari Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Urgent Message from Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Urgent Message from Mother

Joyce
Sep 26, 2014 Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiration
This book summarizes the history of women and how women are making their voices heard today.

The book explains how women have been relegated to a back seat role in their communities/countries, especially as it relates to establishing priorities, taking care of limited resources, stopping abuses of power and wars and most certainly exercising rights over their own bodies.

The book also expresses hope as more and more women realize what can be done individually and collectively to tip the scales tow
Jody
Jan 10, 2009 Jody rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
I saw this book in a catalog and had to order it right away because the topic was on theme with my current activism with Mothers Acting Up AND because the author is a favorite of mine since reading her 'Goddess in Everywoman' book in high school. I don't think I've read anything of hers since high school, but I remember really liking that book.
This book is a call to action for women to take their particular and innate skills to help heal the earth environmentally and the world's culture of viol
Gemma
Dec 03, 2009 Gemma rated it really liked it
"Like an unexpected pregnancy, you may be carrying the seeds of something that will change your life and the world. Take that seed and bring it into a circle of women, nurture it with wisdom, give it energy, prune what needs pruning, let the tap root go down into the energy field of Mother, to draw from and contribute thought and action into the morphic field, and then take it out into the world to blood and bear fruit."

- Jean Shinoda Bolen, p. 163 Urgent Message from Mother

In Chapter 5 of "Ur
Marysia
May 24, 2009 Marysia rated it really liked it
A good, quick read. Covers the history of women, the feminine nature, and what the feminine and masculine have to offer. Some of these parts are a bit over simplified for my taste. However, the book is worth reading and it calls women to create circles, to gather, to organize. My favorite part of the book gave examples of grass roots movements often started by poor women around the world, who have and are making real change!

For instance, in 2005 a group of Nigerian women invaded a corporation t
Naomi
Sep 24, 2012 Naomi rated it liked it
Shelves: peace
The work is important. The need for people to live empowered and active as bearers of love, peace and hope remains critical to the health of the planet and we who dwell upon and with it. Yet there is heavy emphasis on gendered claims of being that leaves me and many, many others outside. I have no doubt that parenthood can change a person's perception of what is important. I do not doubt that gendering in every culture affects how we live. The way forward, though, needs to be one that is open to ...more
C
May 03, 2009 C rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who wants things to change globally
Recommended to C by: grace
the first mother's day was a proclamation to gather all the women of the world. women need to add their voice of a devastated earth, ruined by wars and powerful man.

Empowered maternal concern is a untapped resource that could transform and balance aggression.

men in war unlearn all the charity, mercy and patience that their mothers taught them.

we are as sick as our secrets.

we can understand that earth is like a womb, and we are her children. She nurtures us with warmth, connection and food. as
Dayva
Jan 18, 2009 Dayva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a topic whos time has truly come.
This world is swiftly experiencing the critical mass that Ms. Bolen speaks of. I want to purchase a copy for every woman I know!
Truly, one of the most timely works I've ever read.
Michelle
Jun 17, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all women and men...it has a lot to teach us.
Recommended to Michelle by: Jen Loui
This book made me feel empowered to take more action against the things that are wrong in the world today. The author describes how simple it can be to change the world by changing our mindset and influencing those around us. It is time for women to realize how much the planet needs us and our compassion. It is time for us to act and realize how strong we are when we act together.
Susan
Jul 06, 2007 Susan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: activists
Shelves: womens, activism
I had the privilege of hearing Ms. Bolen speak Jean Shinoda Bolen just as this book was coming out. Her message is deeply rooted in her own spiritual practice and earth insight. Our Mother is in trouble, and Bolen eloquently speaks of our archetypal and physical needs to care for her.
A.L. Stumo
Dec 17, 2011 A.L. Stumo rated it it was ok
She has some very bright comments about how women can help and wonderful examples of women helping, but the underlying argument is based on simplistic ideas. And so it fails. The blame for the problem should not so tidily assigned and a solution is not so obviously coming to pass.
Teresa Evans
Dec 26, 2007 Teresa Evans rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adults who want to create better world
I give this book 10 stars (minus the slow part in the middle that droned on about christianity's misgivings, skip this part if and get to the super inspiring stuff past it). The rest of the book is inspirational, pure and simple. A MUST READ!!!!
Cynda
Oct 28, 2015 Cynda rated it it was amazing
Rocked my world. Mother Earth has called me to aid her. I am answering: I will be a standing woman mother's day 2016. I will d I a small official part for the Mother.

Strongly suggested all my Earth sisters.
María León
Aug 04, 2013 María León rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jean Shinoda es un antes y sobretodo un después en mi vida. Con este libro asumo la responsabilidad que me corresponde desde mi trinchera.
Robin
Apr 08, 2008 Robin rated it really liked it
This book inspired me to organize a women's drum and prayer circle to be held on Mother's Day. It's very clear and concise.
Maureen
Jan 08, 2009 Maureen rated it really liked it
This is a book that every women and enlightened men should read. We know not the power that we have should we choose to use it.
Lanni
Dec 10, 2007 Lanni rated it it was amazing
Arise all women who have hearts say firmly, our sons will not be taken from us to unlearn all that we have been able to teach them of patience, mercy and love. JWH
Dawn
Sep 16, 2007 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarylove
GATHER THE WOMEN, SAVE THE WORLD!

This book inspired me. I feel empowered and hopeful again. I need to get my own copy, so I can read it when I feel discouraged...as a reminder.
Marie Hunter
Marie Hunter rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2008
Laurafoster
Laurafoster rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2013
Jane Hinchliffe
Jane Hinchliffe rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2014
Kathy Wolff
Kathy Wolff rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
Hope
Hope rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2008
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2014
Jaynie
Jaynie rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Shireen Kathryn
Shireen Kathryn rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Terabug
Terabug rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2008
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2017
Martha
Martha rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Phantom World
  • New First Three Years of Life: Completely Revised and Updated
  • Avian Architecture: How Birds Design, Engineer & Build
  • Where is That in the Bible?
  • At the Root of This Longing: Reconciling a Spiritual Hunger and a Feminist Thirst
  • God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters
  • The Russian Century: A History of the Last Hundred Years
  • Kaufman Field Guide to Advanced Birding: Understanding What You See and Hear
  • Descent to the Goddess: A Way of Initiation for Women (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts, 6)
  • Building Better Families: A Practical Guide to Raising Amazing Children
  • Bipolar Disorder Demystified: Mastering the Tightrope of Manic Depression
  • The Bluejacket's Manual
  • The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos Is Designed for Discovery
  • The Kingdom of Auschwitz
  • The Red Rose Crew: A True Story of Women, Winning, and the Water
  • 'In the Beginning...' A Catholic Understanding of the Story of Creation and the Fall
  • The Feminine Face of God: The Unfolding of the Sacred in Women
  • Rise, Let Us Be on Our Way
Jean Shinoda Bolen, M. D. is a psychiatrist, Jungian analyst, clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of California San Francisco, a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and recipient of the Institute for Health and Healing’s "Pioneers in Art, Science, and the Soul of Healing Award". She is a former board member of the Ms. Foundation for Women.
More about Jean Shinoda Bolen...