Start by marking “Single Mothers by Choice: A Guidebook for Single Women Who Are Considering or Have Chosen Motherhood” as Want to Read:

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The first handbook for the paoidly growing number of American women choosing single motherhood, written by the director of the national organization, Single Mothers by Choice.
Published May 10th 1994 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about Single Mothers by Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single Mothers by Choice

Leena
Good starter book I suppose for single women who are planning to get pregnant on their own. Not a great book for single women who are planning to adopt a child on their own, or who have already done so. Only one chapter addresses adoption; the book's slant really is towards the "goal" of getting pregnant through donor insemination or traditional means. In some ways the book addresses single motherhood as Plan B, which is surprising given that the author should know many single women do not consi ...more
Jeanne T.
Good book with practical advice. All of it wasn't for me (especially the parts about having to "give up the dream of marriage". I'm gay. That's been gone for a long time.) but it's a great guidebook to navigate the waters of single parentdom.
Jennie
One of the seminal works that got me to have my kid! Never regretted it.
Julie Brock
This book started me on my journey! Well written and very encompassing - covers social, financial, medical, spiritual aspects of solo parenting. The author started a national organization that has several listservs that were very helpful to me, as well.
Susanna
Another wonderful book for those who's considering single motherhood. This book reveals more about having/raising a child from a legal standpoint.
Samantha
Good starter book for women thinking about the option of having a child alone.
Tamara
Haven't started this one yet. stay tuned.
Jenn
Megan
Megan added it
Apr 20, 2015
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Limor Rimer
Limor Rimer marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Naomi Washburn
Naomi Washburn marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Wendy
Wendy is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey is currently reading it
Sep 09, 2014
Kadisha Mitchell
Kadisha Mitchell marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014