Start by marking “The Fine Green Line” as Want to Read:
The Fine Green Line

The Fine Green Line

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
What happens when a man leaves home for a year to pursue his dream?
One day, playing a particularly spectacular round of golf, husband and father John Paul Newport suddenly tastes what it's liketo be a pro. Deciding to take a year off and hit the road playing golf's mini-tour circuit, Newport embarks on a wild trip through America's fairways. Over the course of his journey
Published January 20th 2010 by Crown Archetype (first published May 9th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Fine Green Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fine Green Line

Russ Jarvis
The author lived one of my fantasies and lived to tell about it. Good descriptions of the various mini-tours as well as a look into the inner world of the expectations we lay upon ourselves and the consequential joys and sorrows. I found myself rooting for him and grew discouraged with his seemingly inevitable self-destructions. But at the same time I was on the verge of winning my first tournament on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and blew up on 16 and 17 to finish tied for third. Arghhh!!
Dan Panke
John Paul Newport decided to take a year off and live the life on Golf's Mini-Tour Circuit. Like most of us passionate golfers we have lofty goals of what we'd like to achieve but not many of us take the chance and try to make our dreams come true. The Fine Green Line is a great example of what will probably be the outcome when you take a decent (but not great) golfer and put them under the pressure of trying to make a living on golf's minor circuit.

I enjoyed reading The Fine Green Line because
Zach
A funny account of one man's efforts to see how much he can improve at golf if he takes one year to focus solely on the sport. Easy read and entertaining.
Gordon Loud
Wow! Is this a funny book!!
Rich
Rich added it
Nov 01, 2013
Zach Senger
Zach Senger marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Jason
Jason added it
Apr 15, 2012
Scott
Scott added it
Dec 20, 2011
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2009