Start by marking “Dead Ringer” as Want to Read:

Facts about the Mountain Springs Serial Killer:
* He targets women with long dark hair and blue eyes.
* He finds his victims through an online dating service.
* He's about to strike again.
When a distress call sends Detective Eli Hawkins to Lucy Kimbol, he senses danger straightaway. With her long dark hair and beautiful blue eyes, Lucy's a dead ringer for the local killer
Published May 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Ringer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Ringer

Christina
May 27, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Facts about the Mountain Springs Serial Killer:

* He targets women with long dark hair and blue eyes.

* He finds his victims through an online dating service.

* He’s about to strike again.

When a distress call sends Detective Eli Hawkins to Lucy Kimbol, he senses danger straightaway. With her long dark hair and beautiful blue eyes, Lucy’s a dead ringer for the local killer’s other victims. And she is a member of the online dating service the killer frequents. But with her painful past, Lucy is reluc
Melanie
Jun 06, 2013 Melanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshelf
Dead Ringer was a good suspense read. There were times I got a little frustrated with the characters and/or story, but overall I liked the book and am glad I read it.

*I did not get this book for review. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*
Kim
This was keep you on the edge of your seat nail biting wait to see what going to happen next.
Jul 31, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: DEAD RINGER
Author: Sharon Dunn
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
May 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-44395-6
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

Lucy Kimbol is upstairs in her loft typing flies for her fishing class when she hears noises downstairs. When she investigates, she catches somebody crawling outside her bedroom window. The intruder gets away with her most valuable fishing rod, and some jewelry. Lucy calls the police, but doesn’t expect that they will help her. She doesn’t have a good relatio
Paula Hrbacek
Mar 07, 2012 Paula Hrbacek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By Sharon Dunn
Love Inspired Suspense
5 stars

Lucy Kimbol is a fly fishing expert living on a river in Mountain Springs Wyoming. When someone breaks into her duplex home, she meets Eli Hawkins, a detective from Spokane Washington. She doesn’t know it, but he is in town to investigate a serial killer. There have been several murders within an hour’s drive of Mountain Springs. All of the victims have long brown hair and blue eyes. All of them have been using an online dating service.
Lucy’s
Jane
Sep 08, 2010 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A mystery involving a serial killer investigation, romance, and suspense. It will hold you reading and reading until done. I read it in two days.
Eli comes to town to help the police find a serial killer. There is distrust between Lucy and the Police Force. So they send Eli out to investigate her robbery. Thus begins the flames of romance to burn between Eli and Lucy.
But as all relationships go, Eli had a hard time gaining Lucy's trust. Then he becomes too protective of her and almost blows it.
Judy
Jan 28, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detective Eli Hawkins from Spokane is sent to Mountain Springs, Wyoming. Four years ago he helped in the capture of a serial killer and they had one in this area now. He took William Springer with him and three female officers who would help work undercover. They had connected this guy with the online dating service.

Lucy Kimbol did not like or trust police officers. They did not help her in high school when she felt stalked and they let her brother get hurt. She had no idea that she matched a cr
Beth - ;)
I enjoyed this book, although I had a suspicion who the killer was when he was introduced.

A serial killer is targeting women with long dark hair and blue eyes. Detective Eli Hawkins is brought in on the case, and a robbery call sends him to Lucy's house. Lucy has dark hair and blue eyes and is registered with the same online dating service with which the other murdered women were registered. Lucy has reason to distrust the local police force so Eli must win her trust and at the same time protec
Rachel
Feb 17, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! The characters were well developed - the romantic element wasn't rushed or seemingly forced. It was great suspense, very well written! I had an idea at who the "bad guy" was (actually, I had a few people in mind) but didn't truly know until it got closer to the end. Some Love Inspired Suspense books have a tendency to lack in quality, this one did not! I will be reading more of Sharon Dunn's books!
Stephanie
Dead Ringer was a fun ride! Although I did get a little tired of the main characters back and forth emotions from being close, to hiding their feelings, and back again, that's to be expected some is short romance stories. I really loved the last few chapters though! I had guessed parts, but others took me by surprise! A thrilling read and a great short story.
John Hanscom
An exciting story.
Nancy
Jun 29, 2010 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the suspense in Dead Ringer. The romance wasn't overpowering, but was sweet and integral to the story. I recommend reading Dead Ringer by Sharon Dunn.
Abbie
Jan 09, 2016 Abbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!!!!!
Sylvia Frances
Jul 27, 2013 Sylvia Frances rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book.
Conni
Conni rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2010
Sarah rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Norma Munson
Norma Munson rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2016
Laura Benson
Laura Benson rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Love Inspired Books
Love Inspired Books rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2010
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Susan Vance
Susan Vance rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Kyleigh
Kyleigh rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Miranda Hannah
Miranda Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2011
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
May 12, 2013
Cindy R Martins
Cindy R Martins rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2014
Who8me
Who8me rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
After 26 years of marriage Sharon's beloved husband Michael passed away in 2014. Together they had a life filled with adventure, laughter and unconditional love. She considers herself blessed to have been loved that way. She now lives with three nearly grown children, a nervous border collie and two cats.

Her love for mystery and suspense began in the fifth grade, when she found a whole set of Nan
More about Sharon Dunn...