Start by marking “Shades of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #2)

Shades of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles #2)

Answering a strange "HELP WANTED" ad, placed by White and associates, Alex finds herself in a partnership with a company she knows almost nothing about. Along with her job she's acquired a new name and a whole new set of rules to live by. Now known as Ms. Grey, she realizes she even prefers that to Alex. One thing leads to another when she takes on a routine case. A legend ...more
Published (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Grey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Grey

LilaBird
Oct 04, 2011 LilaBird rated it liked it
Okay. I finished this book a few days ago now and I think I'm ready to write a review. It's not that great. It's weird. I feel myself being drawn to these characters. I like them and I don't mind spending time with them. I just don't think they're in the right hands. They're not being given very interesting stories or even very interesting things to say. I don't understand how an author could come up with such intriguing characters, but then not be able to tell their stories properly. It upsets ...more
Jessica
Aug 13, 2012 Jessica rated it did not like it
The story line in book two was not nearly as strong as it was in book one. Part of what I liked about the first book (aside from it being a Kindle free read) was that it had action, character build up, and was an all around entertaining book. This book continued the character build, but it didn't seem to go deep enough. If that was where my critique ended, I would have given this book 3 stars. However, this book was absolutely littered with grammatical errors. If I had read this with a red pen, ...more
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Feb 20, 2011 Crazy for Books (Stephanie) rated it really liked it
There were several sections I loved so much I went back and read them again after I was finished with the book. I thought it was funny that Alex wants to be treated like one of the guys, but acts just like a girl when she's upset of feels slighted in any way.

I loved it when she beat up the guys who drugged her and took her to the warehouse. The book is so much fun.

Lisa
Dec 14, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
In Shades of Grey, book two of the Alexis Stanton chronicles, J.C. Phelps creates an ideal sequel. The story continues where Color Me Grey left off and carries the continuing story arc of Alex Stanton - also known as Ms. Grey - and her work as an agent with White and Associates. Though the books are connected, each one tells a succinct and contained story so they can be enjoyed individually as episodic adventures. Of course, once the reader has a taste of Alex Stanton's life, one book is definit ...more
Julie
Nov 26, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, nook, series, 2011
A great second book in the series by J.C. Phelps. I liked the first one a bit better, but this one was very enjoyable too.

This time the bad guys were after Alex herself and she had a lot of time on her hands trying to stay hidden. In this book, you got to know all of the other characters a lot better and I liked learning more about them. They all have great personalities and I love how they interact with one another. I was able to figure out the identity of Penumbra before the author revealed i
Ron
Aug 08, 2012 Ron rated it it was amazing
I was turned on to this series by a friend. Of course she had downloaded it because of the "fifty" nuance in descriptions. She told me how cute and light the first book was so I got it for free while at the beach. I couldn't stop reading it. No it is NOT like Fifty Shades...NO it is not the best ever written. Get over yourself if you are expecting something great. It's a book and it's entertainment. I have loved the story. Into book three we go!!!
Tarsha Woods
Jun 24, 2013 Tarsha Woods rated it really liked it
"The Alexis Stanton Chronicles" was a great book originally downloaded the first book "Color me Grey" for free loved the characters and had to purchase the series.

Unfortunately Barnes and Noble didn't have book two "Shades of Grey" and did have "The Alexis Stanton Chronicles" all three series for $6.50 great price for a good book.

J.C. Phelps I hope you are going to continue this series for I am hanging and grasping for what ifs with White and Grey.
Fat Al
Jan 05, 2013 Fat Al rated it liked it
These books are OK, if not overly original.

For me, the most annoying part is jarring spelling / punctuation errors that detract from the reading. Maybe it's just me being pedantic, but they irritate.

As a book, it's a bit popcorn, but easy to read and entertaining. The ending feels *very* rushed, it's all rammed into the final two or three pages, so lots of build-up (I'd figured it all by about halfway through, but that's a personal thing) and very little climax. (Story of my life)
Karin U
Jan 19, 2013 Karin U rated it liked it
Like book 1, book 2 in this series has a storyline that is fast moving but lacking character development. Despite that, I did enjoy the story. If you can get past the fact that there are a bunch of grammatical errors and the book is poorly edited you'll find yourself wanting to know what happens next. 3 stars--I liked it but was left feeling like it didn't fully meet my expectations. I hope the author keeps working on this series--it has potential if she can get it to the next level.
Lisa
Feb 12, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
The second book is as good as the first but I figured out who Penumbra waa early on so it was a bit of a let down when it was finally revealed. Also I found myself getting annoyed at Ms. Grey and her short temper and ego.

However, it was a good quick read and I can't wait to read book three. Will White and Grey finally give in to each other?
Donna
May 25, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it
I have read all three of these novels and I must say I found them to be a tad unbelievable but I think I secretly wished I were Alexis Stanton. It is refreshing that a women can be a member of elite team and hold her own. I am sure they exist. (But I am sure they are not all as beautiful or rich). I loved the interaction between her and the team, especially Mr White. Well worth reading.
Nancy Kennedy
Jul 03, 2013 Nancy Kennedy rated it liked it
Not as good as book one. After I saw all the grammatical, syntax and spelling errors I looked into this Smashwords publishing deal. The content is pretty good on this one, but the author could've used an editor at this self-publishing house.
Gayle
Aug 31, 2013 Gayle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2014
I wanted to give this 3 stars. It was a good read. Having said that, it's poorly written. Lots of run-on sentences, incorrect tenses, your/you're and their/there misuses...and my favorite: repel/rappel. I'm no English major, but it killed that extra star for me.
Jamie
Jan 03, 2013 Jamie rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, ya
I really enjoyed the first book, but there's nothing new in this one, just some bad writing. It could be decent if it were completely rewritten by someone who can actually write, and had a different title.
Clare
Apr 04, 2011 Clare rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Lend me a fork, would you? So I can poke my eye out.
The idea isn't terrible - a British home-schooled woman is recruited to kick butt- but the spelling, the grammar, the punctuation made me stop reading.
Hasien
Jul 20, 2013 Hasien rated it really liked it
I am definitely enjoying the series, though Alex really kind of annoyed me in this book with all the crying. Still I think she is kick-ass and love that she can do anything the guys can do.
Rhondda Noble
Sep 11, 2012 Rhondda Noble rated it it was ok
Not much really happened!! a very light read
Erica
Feb 14, 2013 Erica added it
So far definitely not as good as book one, but it's okay so far. I've heard great things about book three so I am hoping this is just the "not as great" bridge between two good books.
Debby
Jan 07, 2012 Debby rated it really liked it
Another winner!
Dr Fj
Apr 08, 2013 Dr Fj rated it really liked it
Good sequel want to read the third book next
Jenn
Sep 24, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it
Liked this one too- definitely needs better editing- but fun & clean.
Tamara
May 08, 2014 Tamara rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-series
I absolutely adore Alex! I really enjoy this series!
Durinda
Jun 02, 2012 Durinda rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed......quick read....hope to get to read the next in the series.
Dick
Jul 15, 2013 Dick rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
The first book in this series was entertaining, if not great. This book borders on juvenile. I thought I should have been passing notes in study hall. I just don't care how it ends.
Betsy
Sep 04, 2013 Betsy rated it really liked it
The first two books in this series were free on my Kindle. Enjoyed the books, so I purchased the third. Strong female character, fun and interesting story.
Sandy
Sep 12, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it
My only complaint is that too much of the first book was reiterated in this book. Otherwise I enjoyed it.
Kristina
Apr 29, 2012 Kristina rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but would have loved for it to get a little more involved on an emotional level with the characters.
Giana Darling
Giana Darling rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Lauren (aplpeach)
Lauren (aplpeach) rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
  • Ghost in the Maze (Ghost Exile, #2)
  • Hungry like the Wolf (Bad To The Bone, #2)
  • Resurrection
  • Secret of Deadman's Coulee (Whitehorse Montana, #1)
  • Dreams of Forever: Seduction, Westmoreland Style\Spencer's Forbidden Passion
  • No Woman Left Behind (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #6)
  • Sacred Secrets (Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • Such Wicked Friends (Sandy Reid Mysteries #3)
  • Give Me Forever (Paranormal City, #1)
  • Jane Carver of Waar (Jane Carver, #1)
  • Winter's Scars: The Forsaken (Winter's Saga, #5)
  • Blood Ties (Little Town, #1)
  • Forever Bound (Bound, #1-4)
  • Clearwater Journals
  • Reaper (End of Days, #1)
  • I'd Rather be in Paris (Super Agent, #2)

Alexis Stanton Chronicles (6 books)
  • Color Me Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #1)
  • Reflections of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #3)
  • Traces of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #4)
  • Fragments of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #5)
  • Edge of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #6)