Start by marking “The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power and Grace of the Earthkeepers” as Want to Read:
The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power and Grace of the Earthkeepers

The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power and Grace of the Earthkeepers

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  255 ratings  ·  25 reviews

The Four Insights are the wisdom teachings that have been protected by secret societies of Earthkeepers, the medicine men and women of the Americas. The Insights state that all creation—humans, whales, and even stars—is made from light manifest through the power of intention. The Earthkeepers mastered the Insights, and used them to heal disease, eliminate emotional sufferi

Published October 1st 2007 by Hay House, Inc. (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Four Insights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Insights

Snake Jaguar Hummingbird Eagle... Problems aren't solved at the level they were created. From which level of awareness are you processing your challenges, your life? A problem at one level is an opportunity at the next level. You don't have to engage a deadly disease fated by family genes when viewed from hummingbird. Learn the lesson that it (the disease) came to teach you without going there physically. These teachings come from High Shamans of the Andes. They are hoping we are ready to shift. ...more
Jul 20, 2009 Lynn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult seekers of wisdom and spiritual growth
In The Four Insights Alberto Villoldo, Ph.D. teaches the ancient wisdom of "The Earthkeepers" as he was taught it by his Laika mentor, don Antonio. don Antonio was "one of the last of the living Laika" who took the author "under his wing and trained me for nearly 25 years. . . [don Antonio:] was a descendent of the Inka, whose culture was masculine and militaristic. The Laika's teachings were from an earlier time, when the feminine aspect of the divine was recognized."

The author makes general re
Jim Morris
It's not just a read. There are exercises. Usually, with a book of this kind I'll read it all the way through first, and then if it seems worthwhile I'll do the exercises. The Four Insights takes shamanism deeper than most shamanic books, and it was clear from the gitgo that I was going to take it slow, do the exercises as I went, when I had time to clear my mind and do them right. So far I've done the first three with excellent results.
The narrative is also quite good. Villoldo is a PhD and has
Kat Brock
I enjoyed this insightful book. Haha
The author was easy to follow and thorough yet simple with his explanations and examples. It's wonderful at any level that you're absorbing it, so I'm going to pass it to another that needs it.
Jean Wentz
I will need to read this again (and probably again) to digest everything. Definitely a reference book.
Sally McRogerson
This book is either full of insights or utter drivel and I haven't made up my mind which yet.
I loved this book, it gave me so much insight and helped me open myself to healing.
Emily Crow
This book is kind of a mishmash. It's like The Four Agreements meets Zen Buddhism meets self-help, with some chakra balancing exercises, too. As is typical in this sort of work, pop "quantum physics" makes the rounds as well. I know it's supposed to be inspired by ancient Latin American shamanism that the author learned from a wise man in Peru, but I'm a bit skeptical of claims of ancient wisdom.

I actually put this book aside a couple of times, because of the statement that we can create realit
P.B. Morlen
This book is excellent! For anyone wanting to explore the mystics of the Laika who live high in the Andes in Peru, this book is for you. Alberto Villoldo is an inspiration and shares the Earthkeepers four insights om such a way that the reader is taken on a journey of spirit.
Torry Fountinhead
An ancient wisdom is bound to surface to allow Humanity to better itself - an it did, yet again, through this book. It is written beautifuly and prolifically.
Worth reading every word of it.
my shaman said i should pick this up, so i have...i always return to it at the right time...i look forward to applying the principles I have learned in this book

Enjoyable and easy read, with info and meditational tools to help people step beyond their ego, and into love and healing for themselves and fellow humans and animals.
This will be my bible for the next few years. Perfect for a good read-through once . . . and then reference later. Modern age shaman practices . . . very insightful.
I am taking classes with Alberto and this is a great read. It is not the 4 agreements! It is a different book. It is about energy and how it effects your life.
Russell Four
This a very powerful ans insightful book,I've had it a long time but just finished it.I like it very much as it brings different perspectives to light!
The kind of book everyone should read and reread over and over. I think I might just buy all my friends & family a copy.
Shannon Ritchie
Loved this book. A must read for anyone who wants to learn inner peace and how to let go of the Ego.
Stephanie Foley
I present a summary of this book in The Voracious Reader video here:
Eudaimonia Green
Yet another beautiful book put in my path to enlightenment.
Joe Montoya
Mar 27, 2009 Joe Montoya is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
as an EarthKeeper, I find this highly inspirational.
it is life changing....if you are ready for that.... :)
Introduction to shamanism for me. Informative read
Too many terms eg serpent etc.. wasnt impressed at all
Sue Shipman
More great insight into the world of shamanism.
A revealing look into ancient wisdoms.
donna bringenberg
donna bringenberg marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Anniina marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Rilan Rivera
Rilan Rivera marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
K. A. Schloegel
K. A. Schloegel is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2015
  • Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • Singing the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Wisdom for Every Day
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • Power Up Your Brain: The Neuroscience of Enlightenment
  • The Toltec Way: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • The Meditation Bible: The Definitive Guide to Meditations for Every Purpose
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Soul Coaching: 28 Days to Discover Your Authentic Self
  • Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life
  • Shamanism As a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life
  • Seven Arrows
  • The Cherokee Herbal: Native Plant Medicine from the Four Directions
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
  • Colors & Numbers
  • The Wind Is My Mother
By his mid-20s Alberto Villoldo was the youngest clinical professor at San Francisco State University. He was directing his own laboratory, the Biological Self-Regulation Lab, investigating how energy medicine and visualization could change the chemistry of the brain.

One day in his biology laboratory, Alberto realized that his investigation had to get bigger instead of smaller; Alberto needed to f
More about Alberto Villoldo...