Start by marking “Fable de Venise” as Want to Read:
Fable de Venise

Fable de Venise (Corto Maltese #8)

Costume de marin, cheveux bruns, anneau à l'oreille gauche. La silhouette élancée et élégante. Une lueur d'amusement et d'ironie bienveillante dans le regard. L'air de se tenir à distance. L'art d'observer choses et gens avec détachement. Certains le disent pirate. Lui se prétend gentilhomme de fortune... Ainsi apparaît Corto Maltese, fils d'une gitane andalouse et d'un ma ...more
104 pages
Published by Casterman (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Fable de Venise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fable de Venise

Othello by William ShakespeareThe Merchant of Venice by William ShakespeareDeath in Venice and Other Tales by Thomas MannIn the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah DunantVenetian Love Knots by Normandie Alleman
Books Set in Venice
225 books — 190 voters
The Merchant of Venice by William ShakespeareAmsterdam by Ian McEwanA Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty  SmithRooftops of Tehran by Mahbod SerajiDeath in Venice by Thomas Mann
Cities
288 books — 47 voters

More lists with this book...

Philippe Malzieu
Apr 14, 2015 Philippe Malzieu rated it it was amazing
Venice is a black book, an alchemical treaty, an athanor. Corto course the city. It is a search. He seeks the clavicle of Solomon, a mythical object for the freemasons. Of course he will not find it. but that does not have any importance.

"Point n'est besoin d'espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour persévérer" Guillaume I° Orange

(No need to hope in order to undertake, nor to succeed in order to persevere)
Rui Alves de Sousa
Mais uma divertida aventura de Corto Maltese, com Hugo Pratt no seu melhor: no relato das lendas, na mistura entre os sonhos e a caça ao tesouro, e no magnífico leque de personagens que se cruzam com o protagonista.
Michael de_Zayas
I've never read "Fable of Venice." This review is of a different book, not listed anywhere on the Goodreads site. But if you ever go to Venice, I urge you to meet me first; I will hand this other book to you. kate and I planned three days there this year; at the end of each we looked at each other and said "just one more day." Yes, the city. But really, because we were hooked on this book, which became the city for us. It's a sort of imaginary guide book, a treasure map with no destination, one ...more
Psychophant
This book is both a great story and a love song to Venice, the beauty of the city, both real and imaginary, beautifully translated in images. Pratt not only makes us wish to visit the city, but transports us to that troublesome time after the Great War.

The story is good, but for me it is the most visually beautiful of the Corto Maltese books.
Tiago
May 02, 2012 Tiago rated it it was amazing
Para qualquer amante de Banda desenhada, Corto Maltese de Hugo Pratt é um nome incontornável. Neste volume, a narrativa decorre na cidade de Venesa, esta recriada em imagem, com muito pormenor. É uma viagem linda à cidade e mais uma viagem à dimensão de Corto Maltese.
Blu
Apr 11, 2014 Blu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entra nelle storie cadendo dalle nuvole, parla con i pozzi e racconta le favole ai gatti. Un tipo strano questo Corto Maltese, ma... come si fa a non amarlo?
Nickname
Jun 04, 2011 Nickname rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il mio primo "Corto Maltese". Appena iniziata la lettura ero tentato di abbandonarlo e di dargli una stella, per vari motivi:
1) Trama confusionaria
2) Personaggi che saltano fuori dal nulla
3) Disegni e colori
Incredibilmente, proseguendo la lettura Corto Maltese ha convertito tutto in punti di forza... Venezia si adatta perfettamente ai colori ad acquerello e anche i disegni non sono così male.
La trama da confusionaria diventa una fiaba quasi mistica, intrecciata di misteri, riferimenti velati,
Irma
Corto goes to Venice to find a mysterious emerald and, along the way, he stumbles upon a masonic lodge, a gang of thieves, an aggressive police force and a genie (?!). I'm almost sorry to give this 3 stars because I liked the sketchy drawing style and the story was OK. Until the end that is, when we get a weird deus ex machina which seriously made me reread the last couple of pages over and over again because I thought I'd missed something. I've been told this is normal for Corto so maybe I'm ju ...more
Unagna
Jun 21, 2015 Unagna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ho amato: gli acquerelli, le ombre, i gatti, i riflessi sull'acqua, le porte che conducono ad altre fiabe, le leggende cristiano arabe bizantine.
È un'avventura favolosa.
Avete presente Indiana Jones e l'ultima crociata? C'è lo stesso grado di mistero da decifrare, ma con molta più eleganza, romanticismo, malinconia, sottigliezza, onirismo che non nello spirito americano.
Probabilmente è un'ingannevole ritratto di Venezia che, se la visitassimo dopo aver letto questa favola, ci renderebbe delusi.
Damien Travel
Oct 01, 2015 Damien Travel rated it it was amazing
Venice is also one of the magical places to which Corto Maltese regularly comes back during his travels around the globe. In “Fable of Venice”, Hugo Pratt, leads us in the secret corners of the city. While the Fascists are starting to take power, Corto is looking for a legendary emerald which is mentioned the antique, byzantine, arabic and masonic traditions. But how much of this is just sheer madness or maybe then theater?

To read more:
Vincent
May 07, 2014 Vincent rated it really liked it
Un classique de la BD lu en préparation d'un voyage à Venise. Cet album étonnant, entre songe et réalité, est une déclaration d'amour à Venise à ses mystères, ses légendes, son atmosphère. Ne vous attendez pas à une visite "touristique" de la Sérénissime mais à une flânerie dans les ruelles de la ville dans les pas de Corto.

Le dessin élégant de Hugo Pratt est au service d'une chasse au Trésor entre sociétés secrètes, chemises noires et aventuriers de tout poil. Un récit enlevé, érudit parfois m
Graziano

(Corto Maltese)
Non ho gridato
“Viva qualcuno”, sono
divenuto antipatico a
qualcun altro e cosi’ ho
dovuto difendermi e

andare.
(da qualche parte)
Devero
Nov 11, 2013 Devero rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Favola di Venezia" appartiene già al periodo "onirico" di Pratt, mentre "L'Angelo..." è una storia ambientata durante la prima guerra mondiale, ma non è una storia di guerra. Piuttosto è un preludio di una storia.
Evey Morgan
Apr 11, 2015 Evey Morgan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Me ha parecido aburrido hasta el límite. Puedo añadir poco más. Historia insulsa, trama floja... en fin. Para olvidar.
Jussi Mononen
Aug 06, 2011 Jussi Mononen rated it it was amazing
A though-provoking study on love, freemasonry, magic, and cultural history by the incomparable Hugo Pratt. I just wish he had elaborated the Cats' Genesis (in the Biblical sense) more.
Etnagigante
Classica storia su Corto Maltese, ambientata stavolta in una magica Venezia, tra fascisti e massoni.
Il marinaio di Pratt ha sempre il suo fascino eterno.
Vibor
Vibor rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2014
Guilherme Santos
Guilherme Santos rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Lucija
Lucija rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2017
Romain Piel
Romain Piel rated it did not like it
Dec 08, 2012
Horne Fisher
Horne Fisher rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Luís
Luís rated it really liked it
May 13, 2013
Rust
Rust rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Adnan Mahmutovic
Adnan Mahmutovic rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2013
M. Toledo
M. Toledo rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Roberto
Roberto rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Ozrenka
Ozrenka rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2012
Walt O'Hara
Walt O'Hara rated it it was ok
May 05, 2011
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
  • The Hunting Party
  • L'Énigme de l'Atlantide (Blake et Mortimer, #7)
  • La Fille sous la dunette
  • L'Incal Lumière (The Incal, #2)
  • Le Pays sans étoile (Valérian, #3)
  • Rouge Total (XIII, #5)
  • Mort Cinder
  • S.
219215
Hugo Pratt, was an Italian comic book creator who was known for combining strong storytelling with extensive historical research on works such as Corto Maltese. He was inducted into the Will Eisner Award Hall of Fame in 2005.

More on Huge Pratts' work:
More about Hugo Pratt...

Corto Maltese (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Corto Maltese: La jeunesse
  • Corto Maltese: La ballade de la mer salée
  • Corto Maltese: Sous le signe du Capricorne
  • Corto, toujours un peu plus loin (Corto Maltese # 4)
  • Corto Maltese: Les Celtiques (Corto Maltese #5)
  • Corto Maltese: Les Ethiopiques
  • Corto Maltese en Sibérie (Corto Maltese #7)
  • La maison dorée de Samarkand
  • Corto Maltese:  Tango
  • Corto Maltese: Les Helvétiques (Corto Maltese # 11)

“Il y a, à Venise, trois lieux magiques et secrets : l'un dans la "rue de l'amour des amis", le deuxième près du "pont des merveilles" et le troisième dans le "sentier des marranes", près de San Geremia, dans le vieux ghetto. Quand les Vénitiens - parfois ce sont les Maltais - sont fatigués des autorités, ils vont dans ces lieux secrets et, ouvrant les portes au fond de ces cours, ils s'en vont pour toujours vers des pays merveilleux et vers d'autres histoires...” 4 likes