Start by marking “Venedig Kochen Für Alle Sinne” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Venedig Kochen Für All...

Tessa Kiros

Venedig Kochen Für Alle Sinne

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Food is a quilt that is patch worked together by people's language, traditions and way of living. In "Venezia", Tessa Kiros shows the magic and the charm of the famous Italian city of Venice. She embroiders the recipes of this city of canals, bridges and carnivals with her own unique colors and threads. Tessa's previous books, "Twelve, Falling Cloudberries", "Apples for Ja ...more
Published 2009 by Dorling Kindersley (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Venedig Kochen Für Alle Sinne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Venedig Kochen Für Alle Sinne

C. Gregory Thompson
Venezia: Food & Dreams is a love letter to Venice. Reading it and cooking from it is a bit like looking at a Caravaggio painting. The dreamlike colors of the photos, the lovely setting of Venice, the simple yet forthright recipes. This book is written, photographed and designed in a dreamlike fashion; one that is so often associated with Venice. Tessa Kiros knows her subject well. In addition to the wonderful recipes, Kiros sprinkles in her thoughts, and comments; her experiences in the city ...more
Christine
Glowing and bronzed, the book whispers from the shelf: open me. I am caught. It’s alluringly rich with memories and recipes, the food seductively photographed. I come away from the first read of Venezia: Food and Dreams enchanted.

You see, I have been to Venice, and this cannot be the same city I visited. I recognize it from the photos, but the food, the food!, so lush and local and homey and ancient. That’s not what I ate. Yet it’s exactly what I looked for when I traveled there, what I expected
Gail Cooke
While Venezia certainly contains a number of uniquely delicious recipes, it cannot be called merely a cookbook but perhaps more appropriately referred to as a work of art. It is among the most beautiful books I've seen with a flower and food bedecked cover so inviting that you want to frame it plus gilt-edged pages, and a black velvet ribbon bookmark.

The dedication page reads, "For Venice - may you stand strong and beautiful forever." Obviously Kiros's words come from one who understands and lo
Katie
First of all, this book is absolutely beautiful. The photography is lovely, the gold, the sweeping font, it's just a stunning cookbook.

This cookbook was filled with lots of recipes that made me want to go to Venice and have someone cook these dishes for me. The book did not inspire me to make the dishes at home. So I guess it is a successful travel book, but not a successful cookbook. I found some of the recipes had items that were a little harder to come by so I wouldn't be able to replicate th
Sherri
Beautiful book which confirmed I absolutely must go to Venice! A few ingredients I found difficult to find here but there are substitutes and I was able to recreate a few dishes. Lovely to read and to cook from.
Deb
I love the lush beauty of the cookbooks Kiros creates. Part travel journal, part cookbook, Veniza is no exception. Full of delicious sounding recipes observations about the Venice, it belongs on both the coffee table and in the kitchen.

The Gelato al Limone (Lemon Ice Cream) and Sgroppino (Lemon Chill--basically a "Milkshake" for adults are delicious. Here's a link to the recipes and pictures: http://kahakaikitchen.blogspot.com/20...
Caroline
This is such a gorgeous book. A beautiful blending of travelogue and foodie memoir with some of the most stunning photography. It perfectly captures the spirit and essence of Venice. And it's lovely enough to leave out on the coffee table for people to daydream over. Recommend! I liked it so much I gave it to a dear friend for Christmas as a reminder of her trip to Venice this year. My first Tessa book on recommendation from a friend, and am now off in search of more.
Hans
This beatiful book jumped of the shelves in a cookbook shop in bookcity Deventer. If you read Falling cloudberries, this is as good, however personally I like Fallingcloudberries, my christmas present, better. this was a gift i gave myself. It has a good mix of easy and more complex recipes. The book is well written and has nice typography and stunning photos. Just read parts of it when enjoying an italian icecream in the city of Deventer.
Paul
One of the most beautiful cookbooks in my possession. The color photographs alone are worth the price of admission and the recipes are outstanding. The main focus of course is fish and seafood but there are other recipes included which are typically Venetian: the famed panini with crustless white bread and fresh mayonnaise, the Fegato alla Veneziana and so many more delectable dishes. Bon appetito!
Catherine Woodman
This is ia gorgeously produced cookbook, with enchanting photos of Italy--I got it out of the library to see if it would draw me to Venice, which it did--but it is chock full of fish recipes that I can't make in Iowa--I don't know but it might be a book that when you get home from your Venice trip you might decide that you have to have it because it reminds you of the place.
Murissa
Contains beautiful photography of both food and places/ people. My only complaint is that the recipes are either too simple or I am unable to find particular key ingredients in Canada and at times they don't look or sound appetizing. If nothing else this is a lovely book of photography and contains great drink recipes.
Carla
Visually and tactilely(?)beautiful, the photos, the gilt, the velvet bookmark. The recipes look yummy. But actually sticking this book on the kitchen counter and making something? I'd be afraid to spill. That's why my Joy of Cooking looks like it's been through the food wars....
Mrs.
Really unusual, gorgeous book. Very heavy emphasis on seafood, with ingredients that most American cooks will be hard pressed to find (baby octopus, squid ink, fresh sardines . . . ). Glossy, heavy paper, gilt edged, with a black velvet ribbon as a place marker.
Sophie Wainwright
Beautiful high-quality recipe/travel book full of gorgeous glossy photographs of Venice and delicious Venetian dishes. The text is passionate and persuasive, communicating an obvious love for the city. An inspiring book to keep and treasure.
Tiina
Very beautiful book!
Monique Teresa
Monique Teresa marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Charles Hoang
Charles Hoang marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Aug 30, 2014
AnnieA
AnnieA marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Jaywalker
Jaywalker marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes Apples for Jam: A Colorful Cookbook Food from Many Greek Kitchens Twelve: A Tuscan Cook Book Postcards from Portugal: Memories and Recipes