Start by marking “Odd Girl In” as Want to Read:
Odd Girl In

Odd Girl In

Twelve-year-old Alexis "Alex" Evins is a loner, a tomboy and a first-class prankster, following in the not-so-glorious footsteps of her older twin brothers, Parker and Nick. When the Evins siblings play a prank that goes just a tad too far (resulting in setting a neighbor's sofa--and hair--on fire), their dad decides it's time for some tough love. He signs them up for an a ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Odd Girl In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Odd Girl In

Maxine Mathew
Alexis (A.K.A. Alex) and her brothers have been termed as the ‘Evil Evins’ by their neighbour, Mr McGuire. When the latest in the line of Alexis’ various escapades does not go as planned (Well, burning Mr McGuire’s couch and his hair were certainly not a part of the plan!), Alexis’s father decides to send them to a life skill building programme, Champs, to teach them teamwork and to put their skills to better usage. Can the ‘Evil Evins’ work together to do some good instead of bad for once? Odd ...more
Katie Fitzgerald
Odd Girl In is a unique tween novel about a tomboy, Alex Evins, and her twin older brothers, Parker and Nick. Fed up with their constant pranking and inability to work as a team, their single father enrolls them in Champs, a life skills course to make them more responsible. The course is taught by Ms. Success, who happens to be the stepmother of Alex's classmate, Emily. As she is forced out of her comfort zone and encouraged to interact with her Champs classmates, Alex finds herself suddenly fri ...more
Amy
May 09, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Genre: Modern fiction, middle reader
This is a very humorous, fun, light hearted story. It is easy to read and get involved in. The situations and events are funny and easy to relate to. Readers of this group will enjoy what happens in this story and can easliy connect with Alex who is a bit of a prankster. It is refreshing to see this in a female character today as many of them are ususally more intersted in boys. I think this book would be enjoyed by readers of many different ages.
Julie
Mar 21, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I was so excited to get it!
This book was signed by the author. I'll keep it forever!
I finished this book in one day. This book will keep you stuck until the very end. This book is a book of much laughter. (I was laughing out loud!) there's some emotional areas as well.
This is the 1st book by Jo Whittemore that I have read. I'm now a fan of this author and will be reading more of her books.
cecilia
Feb 19, 2011 cecilia rated it really liked it
Shelves: blue-covers
I really got a kick out of this book - and I don't normally read this sort of thing! Seriously, I think Jo Whittemore had me at "flaming bag of dog poop" - hello to you too, Evil Evins! :) This is a fun read - no major girl drama, no roller-coaster romance, just plain and simple FUN with some of the most ridiculous situations that kept me laughing! Alex is a great character who will really tug at your heartstrings and perhaps tickle your funny bone!

P.J.
Nov 26, 2010 P.J. rated it it was amazing
Book 73 for 2010.
I read this a while back in a pre-ARC state, but now that it's in ARC, I can finally officially add it to my books! I adore Jo Whittemore's wit in her Aladdin MIX books, and ODD GIRL IN is a wonderful novel just like FRONT PAGE FACE-OFF before it. The humor is dead on, and the story kept me totally engaged. Highly recommended for girls fifth grade and up!
Nolanmarg
Mar 31, 2011 Nolanmarg rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A First Reads Giveaway Book. Pretty good YA story. Lessons to be learned...good language...no sexual inuendos or real violence. Nice clean story of three kids raised by their father. And, a few good laughs.
Lori
Jul 12, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it
Not doing too well on the Book-a-thon! This is only my 2nd book read in 2 days! I'm glad it was a short one. Another cute middle-school book that my daughter won.
Rabia
Aug 15, 2011 Rabia rated it really liked it
Really likes this book would recommend to anyone. It's really hilarious. :)
Artemisia Sage
Feb 04, 2012 Artemisia Sage rated it it was amazing
a good book to laugh about. Very fun read
Saraina
Aug 28, 2013 Saraina rated it it was amazing
its cool
Jun 12, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tween
Very cute book. My 10-year-old loved it.
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
viginme
viginme rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Cheryl Blackburn
Cheryl Blackburn rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Andrew Clendening
Andrew Clendening rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Aleksandra
Aleksandra rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2011
Giana
Giana rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2011
Jianna
Jianna rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2011
Chermaine
Chermaine rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Frahiwot Firdaweke
Frahiwot Firdaweke rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2014
Riha
Riha rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Booklover
Booklover rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2013
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2011
Sophia
Sophia rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
SarahG951
SarahG951 rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Jennifer Cochran
Jennifer Cochran rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
David
David rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Summer of May
  • Trauma Queen
  • The Reinvention of Bessica Lefter
  • Flat Broke: The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Greed (Liar, Liar, #2)
  • The Dagger Quick (The Dagger Chronicles, #1)
  • Cheesie Mack Is Not a Genius or Anything
  • Here Lies Linc
  • The Uninnocent: Stories
  • Nerd Camp (Nerd Camp  #1)
  • The Midnight Tunnel (Suzanna Snow, #1)
  • Cold Case
  • Luscious (Sexy Chefs, #2)
  • Settling (Solid, #2)
  • Unidentified Suburban Object
  • Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2)
  • The Trouble with Half a Moon