Start by marking “Odd Girl In” as Want to Read:
Odd Girl In

Odd Girl In

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Twelve-year-old Alexis "Alex" Evins is a loner, a tomboy and a first-class prankster, following in the not-so-glorious footsteps of her older twin brothers, Parker and Nick. When the Evins siblings play a prank that goes just a tad too far (resulting in setting a neighbor's sofa--and hair--on fire), their dad decides it's time for some tough love. He signs them up for an a...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Odd Girl In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Odd Girl In

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renée RussellSmile by Raina TelgemeierTales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl by Rachel Renée Russell
books you'll enjoy (Girls)
311th out of 495 books — 536 voters
A Mango-shaped Space by Wendy MassHunger by Michael  GrantSo You Want to Be a Wizard by Diane DuaneOld Man's War by John ScalziEnclave by Ann Aguirre
Anabella's 2012 books
10th out of 30 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie
I really liked the book! Sometimes it was funny, sometimes sad, and sometimes exciting.
Maxine Mathew
Alexis (A.K.A. Alex) and her brothers have been termed as the ‘Evil Evins’ by their neighbour, Mr McGuire. When the latest in the line of Alexis’ various escapades does not go as planned (Well, burning Mr McGuire’s couch and his hair were certainly not a part of the plan!), Alexis’s father decides to send them to a life skill building programme, Champs, to teach them teamwork and to put their skills to better usage. Can the ‘Evil Evins’ work together to do some good instead of bad for once? Odd...more
Amy
Genre: Modern fiction, middle reader
This is a very humorous, fun, light hearted story. It is easy to read and get involved in. The situations and events are funny and easy to relate to. Readers of this group will enjoy what happens in this story and can easliy connect with Alex who is a bit of a prankster. It is refreshing to see this in a female character today as many of them are ususally more intersted in boys. I think this book would be enjoyed by readers of many different ages.
Julie
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I was so excited to get it!
This book was signed by the author. I'll keep it forever!
I finished this book in one day. This book will keep you stuck until the very end. This book is a book of much laughter. (I was laughing out loud!) there's some emotional areas as well.
This is the 1st book by Jo Whittemore that I have read. I'm now a fan of this author and will be reading more of her books.
cecilia
I really got a kick out of this book - and I don't normally read this sort of thing! Seriously, I think Jo Whittemore had me at "flaming bag of dog poop" - hello to you too, Evil Evins! :) This is a fun read - no major girl drama, no roller-coaster romance, just plain and simple FUN with some of the most ridiculous situations that kept me laughing! Alex is a great character who will really tug at your heartstrings and perhaps tickle your funny bone!

Katie Fitzgerald
This is a great book to recommend to girls who celebrate being a little bit different, and to girls who know what it's like to live in a house full of boys. Tomboy or not, every girl can find comfort in the story of a girl who finds a way to successfully survive middle school.

Read my full review on my blog: http://sharingsoda.blogspot.com/2011/...
P.J.
Book 73 for 2010.
I read this a while back in a pre-ARC state, but now that it's in ARC, I can finally officially add it to my books! I adore Jo Whittemore's wit in her Aladdin MIX books, and ODD GIRL IN is a wonderful novel just like FRONT PAGE FACE-OFF before it. The humor is dead on, and the story kept me totally engaged. Highly recommended for girls fifth grade and up!
Nolanmarg
A First Reads Giveaway Book. Pretty good YA story. Lessons to be learned...good language...no sexual inuendos or real violence. Nice clean story of three kids raised by their father. And, a few good laughs.
Lori
Not doing too well on the Book-a-thon! This is only my 2nd book read in 2 days! I'm glad it was a short one. Another cute middle-school book that my daughter won.
Caroline
Cute story, I really liked it. I loved how the siblings interacted with eachother!
Rabia
Really likes this book would recommend to anyone. It's really hilarious. :)
Jun 12, 2012 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: tween
Very cute book. My 10-year-old loved it.
Artemisia Sage
a good book to laugh about. Very fun read
Artayja
Artayja marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Aashmi Agrawal
Aashmi Agrawal marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Ariel Hau
Ariel Hau marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Lang Cheng
Lang Cheng marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Catheryne
Catheryne marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Front Page Face-Off Escape From Arylon (The Silverskin Legacy, #1) Curse of Arastold (The Silverskin Legacy, #2) Onaj's Horn (The Silverskin Legacy, #3) D Is for Drama