Start by marking “Odd Girl In” as Want to Read:
Odd Girl In

Odd Girl In

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Twelve-year-old Alexis "Alex" Evins is a loner, a tomboy and a first-class prankster, following in the not-so-glorious footsteps of her older twin brothers, Parker and Nick. When the Evins siblings play a prank that goes just a tad too far (resulting in setting a neighbor's sofa--and hair--on fire), their dad decides it's time for some tough love. He signs them up for an a ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Odd Girl In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Odd Girl In

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renée RussellSmile by Raina TelgemeierTales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl by Rachel Renée Russell
books you'll enjoy (Girls)
205th out of 533 books — 621 voters
A Mango-shaped Space by Wendy MassHunger by Michael  GrantSo You Want to Be a Wizard by Diane DuaneOld Man's War by John ScalziEnclave by Ann Aguirre
Anabella's 2012 books
10th out of 30 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Maxine Mathew
Alexis (A.K.A. Alex) and her brothers have been termed as the ‘Evil Evins’ by their neighbour, Mr McGuire. When the latest in the line of Alexis’ various escapades does not go as planned (Well, burning Mr McGuire’s couch and his hair were certainly not a part of the plan!), Alexis’s father decides to send them to a life skill building programme, Champs, to teach them teamwork and to put their skills to better usage. Can the ‘Evil Evins’ work together to do some good instead of bad for once? Odd ...more
Amy
Genre: Modern fiction, middle reader
This is a very humorous, fun, light hearted story. It is easy to read and get involved in. The situations and events are funny and easy to relate to. Readers of this group will enjoy what happens in this story and can easliy connect with Alex who is a bit of a prankster. It is refreshing to see this in a female character today as many of them are ususally more intersted in boys. I think this book would be enjoyed by readers of many different ages.
Julie
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I was so excited to get it!
This book was signed by the author. I'll keep it forever!
I finished this book in one day. This book will keep you stuck until the very end. This book is a book of much laughter. (I was laughing out loud!) there's some emotional areas as well.
This is the 1st book by Jo Whittemore that I have read. I'm now a fan of this author and will be reading more of her books.
cecilia
I really got a kick out of this book - and I don't normally read this sort of thing! Seriously, I think Jo Whittemore had me at "flaming bag of dog poop" - hello to you too, Evil Evins! :) This is a fun read - no major girl drama, no roller-coaster romance, just plain and simple FUN with some of the most ridiculous situations that kept me laughing! Alex is a great character who will really tug at your heartstrings and perhaps tickle your funny bone!

Katie Fitzgerald
This is a great book to recommend to girls who celebrate being a little bit different, and to girls who know what it's like to live in a house full of boys. Tomboy or not, every girl can find comfort in the story of a girl who finds a way to successfully survive middle school.

Read my full review on my blog: http://sharingsoda.blogspot.com/2011/...
P.J.
Book 73 for 2010.
I read this a while back in a pre-ARC state, but now that it's in ARC, I can finally officially add it to my books! I adore Jo Whittemore's wit in her Aladdin MIX books, and ODD GIRL IN is a wonderful novel just like FRONT PAGE FACE-OFF before it. The humor is dead on, and the story kept me totally engaged. Highly recommended for girls fifth grade and up!
Nolanmarg
A First Reads Giveaway Book. Pretty good YA story. Lessons to be learned...good language...no sexual inuendos or real violence. Nice clean story of three kids raised by their father. And, a few good laughs.
Lori
Not doing too well on the Book-a-thon! This is only my 2nd book read in 2 days! I'm glad it was a short one. Another cute middle-school book that my daughter won.
Caroline
Cute story, I really liked it. I loved how the siblings interacted with eachother!
Rabia
Really likes this book would recommend to anyone. It's really hilarious. :)
Jun 12, 2012 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: tween
Very cute book. My 10-year-old loved it.
Artemisia Sage
a good book to laugh about. Very fun read
Espeon
Espeon marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Gigi Anderson
Gigi Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Meghan Partch
Meghan Partch marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Zizi
Zizi is currently reading it
May 29, 2015
Violet Prime
Violet Prime marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Staci
Staci added it
Mar 02, 2015
Kierstin
Kierstin marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Cam
Cam marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
  • The Summer of May
  • Trauma Queen
  • The Reinvention of Bessica Lefter
  • Flat Broke: The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Greed
  • Here Lies Linc
  • Nerd Camp
  • The Dagger Quick (The Dagger Chronicles, #1)
  • What Happened on Fox Street
  • Cheesie Mack Is Not a Genius or Anything
  • BFF Breakup
  • Anna Hibiscus (Anna Hibiscus, #1)
  • The Wonder of Charlie Anne
  • The Uninnocent: Stories
  • Scarlett Dedd
  • Small Saul
  • Finding Family
  • Cold Case
  • Terrific
Front Page Face-Off Escape From Arylon (The Silverskin Legacy, #1) Colonial Madness Curse of Arastold (The Silverskin Legacy, #2) Onaj's Horn (The Silverskin Legacy, #3)